IGNORED

medical emergencies in the crowd

MattWSM

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I have always considered that the two best places to have a stroke or heart attack are the door to the BRI or a football league match.

You are not the only one who thinks this way.

Here is what Doctor Jonathan Tobin, who was first on the scene when the Bolton player, Fabrice Muamba, collapsed, had to say about that incident: 

And while shocking to have taken place at a football match, Dr Tobin says there was no better time and place for it to have happened.

"It was 37 seconds from the moment he collapsed to us reaching him to start resuscitation," he said.

"There's literally nowhere else on earth where you're going to get care going that quickly...even in hospital, there wouldn't be people on the scene that quickly.

"But there's also a hell of a lot of luck in getting the outcome we did...and I'm so glad we had that."

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

18 hours ago, JustinCider said:

As odd as the seeming increase of these incidents are in the crowd, of which I think all - or nearly all? - have been heart related; it's not as odd as the increase in players (and other athletes) collapsing, with a number of these also being heart related. Before everyone gets excited, there is a lot of odd things happening, and there should be a proper, impartial, investigation. Don't forget drugs companies have made mistakes before and been sued successfully for hundreds of millions of dollars. With the rush - and the prize of huge profits to them - to get vaccines developed quickly, it is entirely possible they aren't as safe as they should be.

Why is the immediate assumption vaccine? We’re in a pandemic involving a virus that causes heart problems

Eriksen and Wyke weren’t vaccinated so that default position by some is just odd. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

All vaccines have side-effects of varying severity.

'Flu vaccine take up 2019/20 was 19m.

Covid vaccinations are currently at 164 per 100 people or 115m including second doses and boosters.

That's about six times the number of vaccines usually given in a year so an increased level of side-effects can be expected as no vaccine, and I'm not just referring to the various Covid vaccines, is wholly safe.

That isn't an "anti-vaxx" statement but a factual one.

And I have had maybe thirty vaccinations over the years.

So yes "could be" given how small are he numbers that we are talking about for medical emergencies at football games.

“Could be” related to 264m people have had covid

• Haha 1

I believe it’s because Defibs are available and with the team medical staff, meaning if someone needs it - quickest method to get it is from the team physios?

highly unlikely to be the vaccines and just more awareness by spectators now to get the attention of players to get them to get the defib

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1