IGNORED

Liverpool FC's 'unbelievable' gesture to lifelong fan

exAtyeoMax

14 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

At the risk of sounding churlish at what, by any stretch, was a kind and generous gesture, I can't help but wonder why either the club or even the players might not have a whip round to raise the £50,000 needed - if some media reports are to be believed, that is the cost of a good night out for some of them.

Exactly the point the people in the comments of the article are making.

Maybe just me but if I was a Liverpool fan, knowing how much is spent on player wages, fees, etc. I'd feel a bit angry at them for letting me taste some sense of independence just to take it away again for some good press. Rather them drop a donation into the pot quietly instead of make it about them.

Edited by TBW

12 minutes ago, TBW said:

Maybe just me but if I was a Liverpool fan, knowing how much is spent on player wages, fees, etc. I'd feel a bit angry at them for letting me taste some sense of independence just to take it away again for some good press. Rather them drop a donation into the pot quietly instead of make it about them.

3 minutes ago, Posset red said:

Not sure why people think this is absolutely fantastic. What’s 50k to Liverpool or there players. Rent a robotic arm give it to a geezer for a one/day loan and then got to give it back 

Ha!

I am sure it’s not the case, but you both make it sound as if the club are almost teasing the poor boy.

Having now read the comments, however, including some apparently from his own family, you are not alone in thinking this - I wonder whether the club are now asking themselves why they bothered.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if another story appears around Christmas time to say that the two boys have just received the best Christmas present ever.

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am sure it’s not the case, but you both make it sound as if the club are almost teasing the poor boy.

Having now read the comments, however, including some apparently from his own family, you are not alone in thinking this - I wonder whether the club are now asking themselves why they bothered.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if another story appears around Christmas time to say that the two boys have just received the best Christmas present ever.

It's just not "unbelievable" as you might be led to believe by the title. Takes a while in the article to notice it was only rented.

Yeah, with all the money sloshing around in football, and in particular, the Premier league and Liverpool/players, I read the article expecting it to be they invited him to a game, and bought the arm for him and his brother, but to find out it was rented and then given back, seems a bit... Wrong? 

Whilst you should never expect those with more than you to give, these poor guys can't even feed themselves, utterly heartbreaking, so you'd of thought £50k to the club and ayers is nothing. They'll spend that on a manbag or a night out as someone mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Posset red said:

Not sure why people think this is absolutely fantastic. What’s 50k to Liverpool or there players. Rent a robotic arm give it to a geezer for a one/day loan and then got to give it back 

I was moved by the fact that holding his scarf aloft was so important to him…

• Like 1