IGNORED

Another decent away day ruined by being moved

phantom

11 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Wales are at home in the Six Nations on the Saturday. It might be 40 miles away from Swansea but the police don't like these things clashing.

I'm sorry I don't buy that. Cardiff is Gwent Police. Swansea is South Wales Police. The latter alone has the same budget as Avon & Somerset, can they not manage to police a separate football fixture - and the Rugby fans always lecture us about how civilised they all are. Also if it was just about the clash why isn't the game at 3pm on Sunday, rather than 1pm? 

As always this is simply about police forces in Wales making life as difficult as humanly possible for City supporters, when the same is not true in reverse. This has been going on for years and our club does nothing to stand up to it at all. 

With Swansea specifically, their last three attended fixtures in Bristol were 7.45pm on a Friday night this season and two Saturday 3pms prior to COVID where they were given such a big day out their biggest cause for complaint was marching from the pub to the ground too late and a load pouring in after KO. First world problems compared to our scheduling.

Yes we had a 3pm in Swansea (the 1-0) and there was some trouble in town, but there was trouble in Bristol too after the 3pm fixture and they were invited back for a nice Friday night this season so I'm not having 'Police advice' for one second - and I'll say it again our club is spineless and laps it up, probably because they now care more about knowingly selling a load of TV passes to City fans on VPN, rather than actually encouraging a big away support. It's a sad & slippery slope.

Edited by Olé
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2

• Admin
6 hours ago, Olé said:

I'm sorry I don't buy that. Cardiff is Gwent Police. Swansea is South Wales Police. The latter alone has the same budget as Avon & Somerset, can they not manage to police a separate football fixture - and the Rugby fans always lecture us about how civilised they all are. Also if it was just about the clash why isn't the game at 3pm on Sunday, rather than 1pm? 

As always this is simply about police forces in Wales making life as difficult as humanly possible for City supporters, when the same is not true in reverse. This has been going on for years and our club does nothing to stand up to it at all. 

With Swansea specifically, their last three attended fixtures in Bristol were 7.45pm on a Friday night this season and two Saturday 3pms prior to COVID where they were given such a big day out their biggest cause for complaint was marching from the pub to the ground too late and a load pouring in after KO. First world problems compared to our scheduling.

Yes we had a 3pm in Swansea (the 1-0) and there was some trouble in town, but there was trouble in Bristol too after the 3pm fixture and they were invited back for a nice Friday night this season so I'm not having 'Police advice' for one second - and I'll say it again our club is spineless and laps it up, probably because they now care more about knowingly selling a load of TV passes to City fans on VPN, rather than actually encouraging a big away support. It's a sad & slippery slope.

Not playing on the Saturday makes sense, especially with the vast majority of us would be travelling West through Cardiff, and would imagine not just Heddlu but police from surrounding areas are used for these events, BUT like above the most inconvenient kick off slot of the weekend has been allocated

Why not a Friday night or Sunday afternoon?