Jump to content
IGNORED

Louis Britton


NcnsBcfc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Off to Woking for a month then. Followed by a league loan in the January window by the look of it

No doubt, followed up by leaving City at the end of his contract in June; with us hoping for some future compensation.

A shame, as i think there is something about the lad. But the club and player obviously disagree over either his worth (in salary), or future potential.

I'll look forward to seeing where he ends up playing next season.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard he was given the carrot to get himself fit and then secure a new contract.  Looks like he’s done the first bit, maybe this one month loan is just the next step in that sequence.  It’s a good opportunity for him whatever happens next.

No fixture against Grimsby during his one month spell, so no battle with Towler (and Bell), but an FA Trophy tie at Yeovil coming up.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Off to Woking for a month then. Followed by a league loan in the January window by the look of it

No doubt, followed up by leaving City at the end of his contract in June; with us hoping for some future compensation.

A shame, as i think there is something about the lad. But the club and player obviously disagree over either his worth (in salary), or future potential.

I'll look forward to seeing where he ends up playing next season.

If he goes out and scores enough goals why would we get rid? Similarly if he hardly scores a goal at the lower levels why would we keep?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Anyone doubting this move but have serious concerns about Pearson’s judgment at the same time. We really need a presence up front and we are shipping one out on loan. Clearly a long way from ready as can’t even make the bench 

Clearly haven't read the other comments about how he isn't fully fit...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's fit, just not 'nige levels of fit' 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/nigel-pearson-bristol-louis-britton-5911617

Seems crazy to loan out a previously free scoring striker, who has played lots of 90's for the under 23s when weve very real issues with options up front. 

One of the 'shirkers' perhaps? 

Anyhoo, strange one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

He's fit, just not 'nige levels of fit' 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/nigel-pearson-bristol-louis-britton-5911617

Seems crazy to loan out a previously free scoring striker, who has played lots of 90's for the under 23s when weve very real issues with options up front. 

One of the 'shirkers' perhaps? 

Anyhoo, strange one. 

Why is it strange. He needs to go on loan & get minutes under his belt 

  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

We are currently blessed with a knackered and misfiring line of strikers all woefully out of form. 

We've sent the guy who has been scoring on loan to someone else. 

That's strange. 

No it’s not. The lads not up to speed fitness wise & also he’s behind Conway .  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No it’s not. The lads not up to speed fitness wise & also he’s behind Conway .  

Up to speed would be the wrong phrase, he's 'match fit' but just not at the same standards others are at, seems a lot fitter now then he has been though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Highest standard he can go atm 🤷‍♂️ what's better, 1st team mins in NL or U23's as we know he's not going to get 1st team mins here

Exactly.

Heres the quote.

image.thumb.png.73071081f3df7b06dffbd3b8da512f58.png

I’d say Nige thinks he has something to offer, but he needs a first team fit Louis Britton.  This loan will help if he gives it all he’s got.

Ive watched enough u23 games over the past season and a half to know he hasn’t always looked fit enough for u23s let alone first team.  What was Benarous’s first comment - that he couldn’t believe how quick the Championship was…speed not just in the legs but in the head too.

For me, it’s an ideal opportunity, see some seeds for any scouts who want to see if he’s ready for a second half of the season loan to the EFL.

I would imagine a certain League Two side with some ex-Bristol City connections might be spending a bit of time scouting Woking games over the next month! 👀

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No it’s not. The lads not up to speed fitness wise & also he’s behind Conway .  

Different type of forward, but I agree.  Conway needs to get back in the 18 and show Nige what he can do…before Bell and Britton come back in January.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Of course but he’s also behind Nahki Wells . With Conway that’s two strikers on the bench . How many do you want 

Yes, Martin, Weimann, Wells, Semenyo, all ahead of him, Conway likely too…even Janneh.  He isn’t gonna get any minutes with City before January unless Nige sees him being direct cover for Chris Martin.  And imho they are totally different players.

Louis isn’t a target man either, he’s 6ft-plus, but he’s physical in pest-like way, all arms, elbows etc, rather than someone who’s gonna hold the ball up.  He does attack the ball well aerially from the sides, but he’s not someone to pump the ball straight at.

  • Like 3
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think he needs a good loan, a successful one. U23's is no level to judge.
He's an interesting player, usually gets a shot away and usually on target. Has that knack of, right place right time. I'm not convinced just yet, a good month I hope changes that. I have Conway ahead of him, technically better looks more composed. But you can't dispute Britton's goals. I hope LB has a good month with lots of goals.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, Martin, Weimann, Wells, Semenyo, all ahead of him, Conway likely too…even Janneh.  He isn’t gonna get any minutes with City before January unless Nige sees him being direct cover for Chris Martin.  And imho they are totally different players.

Louis isn’t a target man either, he’s 6ft-plus, but he’s physical in pest-like way, all arms, elbows etc, rather than someone who’s gonna hold the ball up.  He does attack the ball well aerially from the sides, but he’s not someone to pump the ball straight at.

Yes, this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Eh?

When we signed four of the under 23s to long term contracts last season, Britton was conspicuous by his absence.

He was scoring goals for fun for the team, but there were rumours that he wasn't happy with the terms he'd been offered.

We obviously activated his option year; but NP has said that he needs to omprove his fitness before he joins the first team squad.

This for me is a little strange, as you would have thought the best place to not only improve his fitness (and sharpness) would have been through training with the first team squad in the first place. It all smacks a bit of other issues as well.

It may well be speculation on my part. But from the outside, it appears as if the club/player have a difference of opinion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imo...Britton is a natural goal scorer.

Unfortunately that isn't good enough at Championship level alone.

Snake is also a natural goal scorer but isn't deemed adequate enough for Championship level. Same can be said of many.

Imo...

Britton could train and play to the best of his ability under the best coaching, but will never reach the levels required, because of the limits on his body type. Some people will never get to a fitness level required to play Championship football, regardless of training.

Same with JET...you find a level you can deal with consistently.

Football at Championship level is all about, running and more running. Is  Britton a better 'natural' goalscorer than Weimann...imo yes...but Weimann can run all day.

The quality of 'football' has diminished over the years in the Championship, however the fitness levels have gone through the roof.

There are many natural footballers lower down the league's that will never make the grade because of limited fitness ability.

Look at Le Tissier...would never get in a championship side these days, regardless of training. 

The simple fact is...regardless of talent, if your body won't get to levels of fitness required, because it has limits, then you won't make the grade.

On a personal note I'd rather watch a team with Jackie, Doc, Noble, Worthington, Le Tissier, JET etc, than a team of Weimanns...but that's the way it's gone.

Would love the lad to prove me wrong...but my eye tells me he can't.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I heard he was given the carrot to get himself fit and then secure a new contract.  Looks like he’s done the first bit, maybe this one month loan is just the next step in that sequence.  It’s a good opportunity for him whatever happens next.

No fixture against Grimsby during his one month spell, so no battle with Towler (and Bell), but an FA Trophy tie at Yeovil coming up.

He is in our long term plans currently. Has had fitness issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, spudski said:

Imo...Britton is a natural goal scorer.

Unfortunately that isn't good enough at Championship level alone.

Snake is also a natural goal scorer but isn't deemed adequate enough for Championship level. Same can be said of many.

Imo...

Britton could train and play to the best of his ability under the best coaching, but will never reach the levels required, because of the limits on his body type. Some people will never get to a fitness level required to play Championship football, regardless of training.

Same with JET...you find a level you can deal with consistently.

Football at Championship level is all about, running and more running. Is  Britton a better 'natural' goalscorer than Weimann...imo yes...but Weimann can run all day.

The quality of 'football' has diminished over the years in the Championship, however the fitness levels have gone through the roof.

There are many natural footballers lower down the league's that will never make the grade because of limited fitness ability.

Look at Le Tissier...would never get in a championship side these days, regardless of training. 

The simple fact is...regardless of talent, if your body won't get to levels of fitness required, because it has limits, then you won't make the grade.

On a personal note I'd rather watch a team with Jackie, Doc, Noble, Worthington, Le Tissier, JET etc, than a team of Weimanns...but that's the way it's gone.

Would love the lad to prove me wrong...but my eye tells me he can't.

Weimann is a very good and clever player, I much prefer to watch that type of player over a "circus tricks" maverick but each to their own.

(and I have seen all of those you list play live)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Weimann is a very good and clever player, I much prefer to watch that type of player over a "circus tricks" maverick but each to their own.

(and I have seen all of those you list play live)

Each to their own indeed...I don't think any of those I listed were 'circus tricks'...they were naturally gifted footballers who were not naturally gifted fitness wise...and would never be regardless of training...that was my point.

Weimann hasn't got anything on any in that list, naturally or technically.  His touch and feel, regardless of hours of coaching, isn't comparable.

You can see coached players...they are different to coached and gifted. 

Even LJ said in his time here that Weimann wasn't technically good. You can see that. He maybe aware tactically and have movement and fitness, but his ' footballing' ability isn't the best. If it were... he'd be playing higher.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...