IGNORED

Louis Britton

NcnsBcfc

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I had to double check, for some reason he was in the BBC site as Centre halfbin a 4 4 2? Weird.

BBC don’t pay attention/don’t get given whose playing where, Towler has been on the wing apparently according to them 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GrahamC said:

According to the journalist who covers Woking, he is on his way back to us.

Not gone too well for him there, 3 starts, 1 sub appearance & no goals.

Expect he will be off on loan somewhere else soon.

Maybe the posters who thought he was next The Messiah and that he should be starting ahead of Martin will pipe down a bit now.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

As someone who has never been able to see how Britton would get close to being championship level it’s not a surprise that another loan doesn’t seem to be working out. Really hope he can kick on though and find a good career somewhere 

Because he can finish.

But as I’ve mentioned before, I still think he’s got a fair bit of “growing into his body” to do, and I doubt we will have the patience to nurture him over that period….nor will he either.  He’s the type of striker, a bit “crash, bang, whallop” that you don’t see much at PDL level, and even at EFL they are more your “late developer” type.

Be interesting to see whether he gets a league loan in light of Woking.

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

According to the journalist who covers Woking, he is on his way back to us.

Not gone too well for him there, 3 starts, 1 sub appearance & no goals.

Expect he will be off on loan somewhere else soon.

Was it only for a month anyhow?

I know what you mean though. He's a bit like Hinds at the moment. Looks impressive enough in the Under 23s; but is unable to carry those performances into loans.

I've no doubt that if/when he's released at the end of the season, he'll get a contract from a L2 club (hopefully not the one in Horfield though).

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because he can finish.

Assuming money isn’t mad, which seems unlikely given stage of his career, think this is reason enough to persist, for now at least. Natural goal scorers are like hen’s teeth and we’ve had very few over the years, generally sheer weight of chances has resulted in goals, eg Cotterill promotion. Sure I’m missing someone, but not sure we’ve had many since Super Bob. Maybe Conway turns good and sure many would say Wells, but not convinced (by Wells, high hopes for Conway). Would hate us to turn away a Vardy or Lambert for sake of a bit of development time, but clearly does need to show something, including desire. 

This loan was to "prepare him for a league loan" in Jan due to a lack of U23 fixtures.

What they expected out of this loan i don't know. Just match fitness or a chance to impress potential loan clubs?

It does sound as if the next loan move is already lined up anyway, well possibly, depending how you read it.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/britton-joins-woking-on-loan/

• Like 1