IGNORED

Used to love "Shoot "

Waconda

5 hours ago, Mendip City said:

try reading that again… I’ve said the stripe makes it unique. If it didn’t have the stripe/hoop what would it be? Plain blue. All I’m saying is City could do something similar so we stop looking exactly the same as forest, Charlton, Swindon, Barnsley etc etc. 

Something like the design of the black shirt with the slim purple and lime stripe (Tomlin versus Fulham I think)

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Recall a letter in when saturday comes about, a out of towner going to watch somerset play cricket.

He said everybody was drunk on cider and there was a lot of football like chants.

He went on to say he was not accustomed to this behaviour, and it didnt happen at surrey games!

Letter signed

R Gould - Portishead

4 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Something like the design of the black shirt with the slim purple and lime stripe (Tomlin versus Fulham I think)

Yeah you could easily do that in red, white and black…. Key is to stick to it. Palace still regularly use the white with diagonal blue/red stripe - that’s another unique example. 

I used to love Shoot too, as others have said the League Ladders were a clever idea and was exciting collecting them over a few weeks. 

There was another magazine out around the same time that claimed to use a computer to calculate results between regional collections of teams that were made up of players from the regions  picked by editors/writers of the magazine - example, South West, London, Midlands etc. - anyone remember what that was called?

9 hours ago, Nickybee said:

I used to love Shoot too, as others have said the League Ladders were a clever idea and was exciting collecting them over a few weeks. 

There was another magazine out around the same time that claimed to use a computer to calculate results between regional collections of teams that were made up of players from the regions  picked by editors/writers of the magazine - example, South West, London, Midlands etc. - anyone remember what that was called?

only magazine i can think of is match unless its that charles buchans one...