IGNORED

Joe Williams out until January

Unan

A massive loss to us.

We are twice the side when he is in, mainly because the defence actually gets some protection from on-running players, and our forwards and attacking midfielders get some service.

As others have said, whether he is fit or not in January, we need to find a Williams-alike to step in if and when he gets injured again.

Unfortunately, he's had so many lengthy injuries, his entire future in the game is uncertain. 

• Like 3

Big shame for Williams and us of course. 

I said last season I didn’t believe that Walsh and Williams were going to be the magic solution that some had hoped.

Williams looks a very good footballer but it was clear that his injury was worse than publicised and was never going to be fully fit last season.

He hasn’t really been fully fit since; fingers crossed for him that his career isn’t going to end up withering away due to injuries.
He’s definitely someone I’d like to see a lot more of in a City shirt

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Also I love the idea that clubs are going to be queuing up to pay a fee for a player under contract with massive questions marks over his injury record. I can only assume @frenchredplans to transfer list him, click the “add a manager” button to take over some unsuspecting premier league club, blow the club’s entire £15 million transfer budget on Williams, loan a couple of players to us whilst he is at it and then click the “resign from club” button the second the deal is done.

Unfortunately that tactic is way more effective on Football Manager than it is in real life…

Never played football manager in my life, preferred the real thing

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

... and if this was Nathan Baker he’d be ignorantly slagged off relentlessly as being ‘always injured’ - I just think we should afford our best defender the same ‘slack’ as we give other players rather than get on his back all the time ...

100%

Williams injury record has been ******* shocking for us.

Yet Baker gets slated, Williams gets a pass....?

• Thanks 1