IGNORED

Derby County at home match-day thread

We’re set up well today, pressing high and pressing well. Semenyo spearheading that is having a good game. 

Nice finish from Scott on his left peg, confidently taken first time from the age of the box.

We’re good value for the lead but it should have been more - again, guilty of a lack of quality in the 3rd. Martin, Weimann and Semenyo should have done better when well placed but we’re creating chances at least.

They may have had more possession (?) but 90% of their possession has been in areas where they’ve not threatened us. Not sure Bentley has had to make a save. But the old classic cliche, will we regret those missed chances in the second half?

Early on Bakinson and Vyner most guilty of being wasteful - Vyner seemed nervous perhaps and Bakinson’s technical quality doesn’t match his speed of thought consistently enough. Improved as half went on though to be fair.

Massengo better today, a bit tighter. COD has made some excellent runs in between the lines. 

I think we look a better team with Atkinson, who has their most tricky player to deal with and has done well so far. 

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I think he’s been decent, clearly up for it playing against his old team and is benefiting from having Semenyo up there as well 

I'm sorry EL but if you think Martin is having a decent game your watching a diiferent game to me he wins the occasional flick on but aprt from that he's not in the game If this is him 'up for It' against his former team than god help us

• Like 3