IGNORED

Derby County at home match-day thread

Just now, Padlad said:

This season is going as expected. It will be slog  and not be pretty to watch but it looks unlikely we will go down. We are playing poorly but still 3 points off 9 th place . Feel calm after that result. Home form is decent now but away form has gone to pot. 

Agreed.  My aspirations for this season were a 14th-18th finish whilst avoiding getting dragged into a relegation dogfight.  So far, so good.

We’ve still only ‘won’ one 2nd half this season, think this has to be linked to lack of possession meaning we run out of steam due to chasing around so much, which is linked to composure and ability to make passes (both passer and receiver) accurately and quickly. Whilst I get why Benarous was left out after Sheff Utd, him and Scott need to be the way forward, as both able to hold the ball, make a pass, milk a free kick. But overall appears as if there are 3 teams much worse than the rest, so we should be fine, feels weird that we’re closer to play offs than relegation. 

Edited by The Swan and Cemetery
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Add in Luton and Blackpool..........................................

Blackpool I agree, although I thought, despite their frustrating late equaliser, a draw against Luton was probably a fair result overall.

The one that really annoyed was the defeat at home to swansea, when we completely dominated them. 

• Like 3

Caught the last 15 minutes, nervy as hell.  But if we’d have played well and lost, we’d have all be saying performance means nothing….so 3 points, distancing ourselves by an extra 3 points from relegation, up a place, with mid-table in touching distance.

Whobwere the stand outs….the square peg in a round hole getting the all-important goal?

Good to see James make the 18 and get 25 mins.  Hopefully means we don’t have to rush King either, although he might be ok next week.

Good crowd 18,732.

Was it a front 3 or Weimann in the “hole”.

Rovers in the cup, or Shrewsbury?

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

….and breathe.

Another three very welcome points to the cause. Even better, decent comments from opposition fans… we’re apparently ‘bang average’. Delighted.

Well done Nige, onwards and upwards. 

Theyre about to find out how bang average travelling to the delights of L1 is though! ?
It seems perhaps their accountants are the ‘bang average’ aspect of DCFC though. Cheerio you fookers!  ?

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, 22A said:

They ain't happy; https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/38769-bristol-city-a-matchday-thread/page/14/#comments

As always after a City win, the opponents reckon  they were unlucky or had an off day.

The champagne of victory: Reading other teams forums and sucking up the sadness as if by osmosis. 

UTFC

• Like 1

Slightly surprised at some of the negative comments on here tonight. First half, I thought we saw how Nige wants us to play. Yes, they had more possession, but we looked easily the most threatening, even (particularly) when they had the ball. It reminded me of the Leicester title winning team. Second half, energy levels dropped off, but our shape was generally solid. I don't remember them having a clear cut chance all game. Thought the subs all did pretty well. Personally, would have gone for Benarous for Martin instead of James for Bakinson, but understand Nige's thinking. Overall, I think it was a decent performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Caught the last 15 minutes, nervy as hell.  But if we’d have played well and lost, we’d have all be saying performance means nothing….so 3 points, distancing ourselves by an extra 3 points from relegation, up a place, with mid-table in touching distance.

Whobwere the stand outs….the square peg in a round hole getting the all-important goal?

Good to see James make the 18 and get 25 mins.  Hopefully means we don’t have to rush King either, although he might be ok next week.

Good crowd 18,732.

Arsenal at home please...........?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good crowd 18,732.

Weimann in the hole.

Standouts were Kalas (as usual), Scott & O’Dowda for me.

HNM better than Bakinson but still that tendency to follow the ball..

Shout out to all 3 subs who made a decent contribution, we know all about James but Wells looked lively & won several 50/50s.

Derby’s first shot on target was in the 88th minute, they looked as punchless as a side we’ve played & if Martin & Semenyo hadn’t missed very presentable 1st half chances it would have been our first “easy” win.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That Max Bird is some player isn't he. And Ebosele for a 19 year old looks one hell of a prospect.

Would expect a lot of championship interest in both those players in the summer.

Yes, looked the biz in 19/20 in our 3-2 win in midfield alongside Rooney.  Must be clubs sniffing around him in January.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, looked the biz in 19/20 in our 3-2 win in midfield alongside Rooney.  Must be clubs sniffing around him in January.

Didnt think a single one of their players stood out at all. 
Punchless, no creativity and they played like O’Driscoll was their manager. 
The RW gets points for trying but again created nothing, whilst bottling the challenge with Kalas to get him a booking. 
Atleast he was positive and went forwards with the ball but i wouldnt be shopping in the Derby County January sales if it were me.