IGNORED

Derby County at home match-day thread

6 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Scott and Kalas were the stand out performers for me today.

Another difficult watch but we are scrapping to get to 50 points so take what we can.

Also attacking the home fans in the first half is this now a psychological thing?

Very difficult watch tbh. It was awful quality having said that today was all about getting the win.

We are still very much a 45min side but it was nice today seeing us start so well, definitely one of this season best first 45, Derby where toothless thankfully but I did think we did well to keep them from having much of a shot at goal in the 2nd half, they had a lot of the ball but we stopped them doing anything really attacking with it, was good to see everyone running hard and looking like the wanted it definitely improving

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
40 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That Max Bird is some player isn't he. And Ebosele for a 19 year old looks one hell of a prospect.

Would expect a lot of championship interest in both those players in the summer.

Why wait until summer? Put a bid in in January, pressure the Administrators. Doubt we have the cash to do it, but someone will. 

• Like 2

Cons: Two poor sides, not an entertaining game, we were unable to capitalize on several chances, Martin being the main culprit, limited them to hardly anything (although my heart missed a beat in the 88th minute)  

Pros: Three points, created more chances than usual, decent attendance. 

• Like 2

I thought first half we were decent. We pressed them well and should have taken those chances. God knows why Derby persisted in playing themselves into trouble.

Second half was the usual problem of standing off and failing to keep hold of the ball. Some of our passing was dreadful and it was a dire watch. Thankfully Derby created very little.

Very happy with 3 more home points and another clean sheet. 

• Like 1

Here's a view from a serial moaner who doesn't believe Pearson is the man for us!

First half thought we looked quite good both with the ball and without. O dowda was excellent along with Scott who took his goal very well, Atkinson had his hands full but acquitted himself well. Deserved lead at half time.

Second half we went Into our shell again and i think pearsons subs saved us. Why oh why are we not fit enough to last a full game, last season everyone from Ashton, rolls and the physio,s were blamed but inexplicably I don't think we are any fitter this season.

I don't know why he flogs Martin cause in all honesty he ain't that good the pass in to touch, which the useless weimann did in the first half summed them both up for me.

All in all i think we deserved the 3 points, the subs were used well and there were quite a few good performances.

Just one word of caution, Derby were shite!

Edited by frenchred
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Caught the last 15 minutes, nervy as hell.  But if we’d have played well and lost, we’d have all be saying performance means nothing….so 3 points, distancing ourselves by an extra 3 points from relegation, up a place, with mid-table in touching distance.

Whobwere the stand outs….the square peg in a round hole getting the all-important goal?

Good to see James make the 18 and get 25 mins.  Hopefully means we don’t have to rush King either, although he might be ok next week.

Good crowd 18,732.

Was it a front 3 or Weimann in the “hole”.

Rovers in the cup, or Shrewsbury?

Could be Yeovil!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Missed prime version of Fam massively imo

The relevant bit highlighted.

Unfortunately, he couldn't be arsed to bring that to the pitch as often as he should have done and certainly not in his latter days here.

Glad to see the back of him tbh.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Zak Vyner awful 

A few years ago he seemed to be a excellent prospect. For some reason he’s turned into a Taylor Moore MK II, but only worse. He has some periods of good play, but these are interspersed with awful mistakes where he can’t judge the flight of the ball or his positional sense goes awol 

• Like 2

I’ll give my views, as an exiled fan who hasn’t been to the Gate for about 3 years.

Firstly, Ashton Gate is terrific. A great stadium to watch football in. We’re lucky to have such a good stadium.

On to the match. Maybe it was novelty for me, but I didn’t think it was that bad. First half was definitely better than the second. We created four clear-cut chances and should have been out of sight. Their only danger was number 36, but Atkinson kept him under wraps.

We looked solid, if unspectacular. The addition of O’Dowda and Scott seems to have given us more width and more opportunities to cross the ball in. Both did well, if the final ball could be improved a little on occasion.

Scott is a player. Great goal, too.

Same for Atkinson, really like his potential. Driving runs, won most things in the air and won his battle against a tricky winner. 

What I saw was pretty much what I expected. A solid, mid table team who need to go all out for a mobile target man type striker in January/the summer.

• Like 8
36 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The relevant bit highlighted.

Unfortunately, he couldn't be arsed to bring that to the pitch as often as he should have done and certainly not in his latter days here.

Glad to see the back of him tbh.

Get given 6 months notice, without having a Job to go to and let me know how much enthusiasm you'd have for your job. 
Many didn't want him here and Super Mark came our early an said he could run his contract down. In other words. Wander through the next few months on full pay while you find another job, and would you mind putting in lots of effort?  

He was decent, could have been better, but we rarely, if ever played to his strengths. Like Martin, wasn't a target man yet lumped balls to him. Averaged about 1 in 3 and just what we could do with now.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Get given 6 months notice, without having a Job to go to and let me know how much enthusiasm you'd have for your job. 
Many didn't want him here and Super Mark came our early an said he could run his contract down. In other words. Wander through the next few months on full pay while you find another job, and would you mind putting in lots of effort?  

He was decent, could have been better, but we rarely, if ever played to his strengths. Like Martin, wasn't a target man yet lumped balls to him. Averaged about 1 in 3 and just what we could do with now.

He was lazy and, at the end, totally unprofessional.

Glad to see the back of the lump.

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

Here's a view from a serial moaner who doesn't believe Pearson is the man for us!

First half thought we looked quite good both with the ball and without. O dowda was excellent along with Scott who took his goal very well, Atkinson had his hands full but acquitted himself well. Deserved lead at half time.

Second half we went Into our shell again and i think pearsons subs saved us. Why oh why are we not fit enough to last a full game, last season everyone from Ashton, rolls and the physio,s were blamed but inexplicably I don't think we are any fitter this season.

I don't know why he flogs Martin cause in all honesty he ain't that good the pass in to touch, which the useless weimann did in the first half summed them both up for me.

All in all i think we deserved the 3 points, the subs were used well and there were quite a few good performances.

Just one word of caution, Derby were shite!

Not sure about the rest of it but we are definitely not "game fitter" don't care what the medical bods stats say, we fade badly after an hour in every game.

Need to work on more game repetition scenarios in training.