IGNORED

So

GrahamC

I am still quite in the camp that Pearson isn’t the right man for the job. That said, he has them playing with more energy and cohesion. So long may that continue. Need to do away with performances like Sheffield United but that is kind of a one off with the KO time, weather and new manager bounce. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Pearson’s doing as expected with what we have . He hasn’t had a normal transfer budget so has had to rely on young players without much experience such as Scott, benarous , bakinson, semenyo and pring. 

If we can stay up this season which is looking more hopeful now I truly believe nige is the right man to take us forward.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

No posts from Hampshire Red this evening then.

10 points from our last 4 home games ?

1 hour ago, bris red said:

The forum will be predictably quiet tonight as per usual after a win…!

For me Pearson is doing a good enough job with the very limited shower of shite that he has it his disposal. He needs at LEAST 3 or 4 transfer windows to really put his stamp on the squad and only then will we see the true Nigel Pearson’s Bristol City. 

I honestly think given time and funds he will have us challenging at this level in a season or two.

Here we go! 10 points from 4 home games and this means what in isolation ? 

Meanwhile- Pearson does well with a shower of shite so is doing a good job and it's down to him..... lose and it's down to the players because they are a shower of shite. 

Another poor scrappy performance but points on the board so every reason to feel more positive, well done the team and well done the manager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For me Pearson is doing a good enough job with the very limited shower of shite that he has it his disposal. He needs at LEAST 3 or 4 transfer windows to really put his stamp on the squad and only then will we see the true Nigel Pearson’s Bristol City. 

I honestly think given time and funds he will have us challenging at this level in a season or two.

Will he be given the funds tho to sack a few of them off and bring his players in,we are totally mismanaged from the bloke who owns the club

• Like 2

I agree. With all of this. It’s going to be bumpy but I’ve every faith in NP.

My reservations are more to do with if he’ll be given time and funds, or if the Channel Island Trio will simply **** it up.

Who knows? Nice to win mind. ?

Great post. 

He has limited resources and by limited I’m being very generous. This is nowhere near his side and when he gets out the deadwood we will be better for it.

• Like 5

What a predictable boring person you must be. I posted after we won and I'm a serial moaner who quite frankly is as fed up with those like you who are so easily pleased as I am with how this club is being run

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I am still quite in the camp that Pearson isn’t the right man for the job. That said, he has them playing with more energy and cohesion. So long may that continue. Need to do away with performances like Sheffield United but that is kind of a one off with the KO time, weather and new manager bounce. 

I think Pearson is doing a fine job and is right up for the task. Give the bloke time and he’ll bring success to Ashton Gate. 

Very good again today, since the last illness break for the manager and the change to a 3-5-2 we have looked like a new team, organised, motivated and more importantly with an actual game plan.

He was right to be critical of some players for making wrong decisions with passes in the 2nd half and talked well overall.

Just goes to show these players are able to compete at this level and are not "uncoachable".

Decent win against an admittedly "toothless" Derby, but go back a couple of months and we would have lost.

Progress is being made on the pitch, training ground and dug out.

Much better.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Ditto this.

Sorry, but I find this thread in slightly poor taste starting with an attack on a poster who just expresses his/her views about our club. Yes can be controversal but they are only views and posters can ignore instead of ridiculing at any/every chance they can.

Folk should remember this is just a forum for fans views and note the pinned thread at the top of this football chat ....some have lots of problems...sometimes it is good to talk ...but nicely.

Moan over...

1 hour ago, swanker said:

I think Pearson is doing a fine job and is right up for the task. Give the bloke time and he’ll bring success to Ashton Gate. 

I hope so. I personally need to see more. Not sure he sets up in a way that will be successful in the championship. That said, it could be a personnel issue why we don’t set up in a more aggressive way. If you take Barnsley for example they were quite front foot when we played them. It left them very open at the back and we were able to capitalise. So maybe more to come. ?