IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

BBC showing different. Now as 1 game in hand.

He should have done two fingers then one finger for clarification.

That pic is from the BBC... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-league-one/league-table/

https://www.skysports.com/league-1-table

I'll hold up some fingers, as that's apparently how you communicate with "not the brightest" fans on games in hand (oh the irony): ✊

;) 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Except your'e usually bigger than that, Dave!

Not where Ashton is concerned….he’s my guilty displeasure!  I honestly can’t help myself.  Sorry.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Has the Johnson bit been proven ? 

Few other tweets too…but it could be BS.

• Haha 1

I AM NOT LJs number one fan by any extent. But Sunderland are third in touching distance of top spot and are still in a cup. 

Lord knows what Sunderland supporters want. They are where they are because they have been awful for years, not due to a bad performance today allegedly. Anyone worth his salt knows that place is a no win job! Lunatics. 

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I AM NOT LJs number one fan by any extent. But Sunderland are third in touching distance of top spot and are still in a cup. 

Lord knows what Sunderland supporters want. They are where they are because they have been awful for years, not due to a bad performance today allegedly. Anyone worth his salt knows that place is a no win job! Lunatics. 

I agree but football fans oop  north are a different breed to us . It really is a religion . If he thinks he came under pressure here then he was in for a shock . We put no pressure on managers/players in comparison . They live & breath it plus Newcastle becoming the richest club in the world will not go down well 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

So he would still be happy to take orders from Ashton? Intriguing.

What about the book he said he could write about what went on behind the scenes here I wonder?

In any event it would end in tears with Ashton looking after his own interests as usual.

Fairly sure they won't be working together again anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Dave, surely it's :  Cook, the Thief (Ashton) his wife and Lover Johnson (two-fingered end)? 

If they sign Helen Mirren as well I’ll go and watch 

58 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Who gives a shite?

It’s a football forum so people discuss various topics that may not be of interest to everyone 

47 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It will actually be interesting to see who Ashton goes for as he certainly didn't appoint Johnson, Holden or Pearson whilst he was here. All SL choices.

Appleton is presumably high on the list. 

I wonder if they may try and get John Terry in, which I personally think could be a very good appointment. 

Would John Terry want to go there? You know better than I 

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I love now the Ipswich fans think Ashton has a quick appointment lined up.

Absolutely desperate for promotion this season, that club. Wonder what the implications of failure are with their wage bill

Ashton's own words were:

"At this moment, there is no one lined up to replace Paul. There will be an extensive search to find the best replacement for the club.”

So a rigorous 6 weeks ahead then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

If they sign Helen Mirren as well I’ll go and watch 

It’s a football forum so people discuss various topics that may not be of interest to everyone 

Would John Terry want to go there? You know better than I 

Maybe but he's nobody's puppet. Let's face it Ashton would be scared sh1tless!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ipswich fans can wish for whoever they like but football people do talk to each other. Do they seriously think that Ryan Lowe for instance won`t give Paul Cook a ring before he decides if he wants the job or not?

Ashton`s reputation precedes him.

An interesting one would be Chris Hughton. He was saying on the Yeovil v Stevenage coverage that he`s ready to come back if the right job came up.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 2