IGNORED

Now James is fit can we get rid of Bakinson

Better Red

Another disgraceful display from Bakinson.

Massengo, Scott & Pring put him to shame again today.

Every player accept him put in a shift today including the subs.

His effort, tackling, tracking back and defending are as bad as I have seen.

He literally picks up no one up during the game. Jogs at pace while the game passes him by.

He looks like he trying not to get to a tackle or maybe he is just that lazy.

Vyner did not have a great game but at least the effort is there. 

All the kids are really putting the effort in Banarous and Tanner are the same as the other kids when they play and really put in a shift.

Why is he tolerated and even in the side is beyond me.

I would have thought NP has seen enough from him. He’s first impression of him was right so why he is still getting a start I just can’t see.

We maybe be short of midfielders at the moment but I not really sure is even one himself certainly not at this level.

Please get rid as soon as possible.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, JonDolman said:

I thought Bakinson had a good first half. 2nd half not so much. I'd definitely stick with him.

Much better than last game. Frustrating player, there was one stunning first time ball from our half then 30 seconds later fluffs a 5m pass under no pressure.

I think he has the best range of passing at the club just shows it far far too inconsistently.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought Bakinson had a good first half. 2nd half not so much. I'd definitely stick with him.

Bakinson’s challenge is that when we are on the front foot, he is fine.

The moment the game gets scrappy or we have to dig in, he simply gets lost and doesn’t contribute.

It’s such a shame.

Wonderful feet and easy to see how he coasts through the academy system, but cannot impose himself at all.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 6

His natural one touch passing, with range and vision is 2nd to nobody at the club. It's the off the ball stuff and a lack of physicallity that is missing. Too often stood in space ball watching, waiting for it to come to him when we don't have it and whilst i think he did show willing to get close to the opposition on occastions today, i don't think he makes the most of that lanky frame in knicking the ball away. He's never going to boss a midfield but he should be making more of impact on the defensive side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Sorry don’t see the love in. 
He had a decent first half (but most of the team did), but lost times of the amount of times he misplaced simple passes, couldn’t control the ball, and dosnt use his obvious physical attributes to his advantage. Weak in the tackle, and often just leaves a leg out. Would be first name off team sheet once players return 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, brad blit said:

He had a decent first half (but most of the team did), but lost times of the amount of times he misplaced simple passes, couldn’t control the ball, and dosnt use his obvious physical attributes to his advantage. Weak in the tackle, and often just leaves a leg out. Would be first name off team sheet once players return 

Can’t argue with much of that. He reminds me of JET albeit in a completely different position. Just to be clear I loved JET but he frustrated me as he had so so much talent but did not always use it. I fear Tyreeq may be the same. 

Certainly with JET I was never sure how important football was to him, lots of other interests. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brad blit said:

What love in? He is consistently singled out for performances no worse than other players.

Even people like myself defending him are saying how frustrating he is, just that he might be worth sticking with given he clearly has some talent that he just isn't delivering consistently 

• Like 2

"Languid" is the word to describe him.

This type of player always attracts much criticism from the fanbase as it often looks like they aren't trying.

I actually like him as a player and very much hope we persevere with him, decent squad player at worst.

Thought NP was right to sub him when he did today though, same with COD.

Edited by VT05763

28 minutes ago, Gazred said:

His natural one touch passing, with range and vision is 2nd to nobody at the club. It's the off the ball stuff and a lack of physicallity that is missing. Too often stood in space ball watching, waiting for it to come to him when we don't have it and whilst i think he did show willing to get close to the opposition on occastions today, i don't think he makes the most of that lanky frame in knicking the ball away. He's never going to boss a midfield but he should be making more of impact on the defensive side.

Controversial but I think Vyner has the best range of passing bar Palmer.

27 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Not a love in is it?

Just a defence against OTT criticism.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Re bold bit…You’re probably right, but that’s the whole point of a squad at this level, they don’t all be the same.  Even Liverpool and Man City don’t look as good without certain players. But as it stands, since he’s come back into the team v Barnsley, he’s played a part in getting 10 points from 7 games, so at least played a part in our better results.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, Gazred said:

“He’s never going to boss a midfield….”  That’s probably true at Championship level as he’s 23 years old and , if he hasn’t come close to doing now, it’s a bit doubtful he will.  He could have a good career at League 1 level 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The kids not good enough for the championship.missing Williams and matty James.if they were both fit bakinson would not play.players needed in jan to help boost this current squad.the football is awful.i think Pearson could be the problem.when was the last time we actually won a game at home were we entertained, felt comfortable that we were going to win and not felt nervous going into the last 10 mins thinking shit here we go again.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, redsocks said:

The kids not good enough for the championship.missing Williams and matty James.if they were both fit bakinson would not play.players needed in jan to help boost this current squad.the football is awful.i think Pearson could be the problem.when was the last time we actually won a game at home were we entertained, felt comfortable that we were going to win and not felt nervous going into the last 10 mins thinking shit here we go again.

All part of the rebuild process, it's not going to be pretty but the signs are there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Re bold bit…You’re probably right, but that’s the whole point of a squad at this level, they don’t all be the same.  Even Liverpool and Man City don’t look as good without certain players. But as it stands, since he’s come back into the team v Barnsley, he’s played a part in getting 10 points from 7 games, so at least played a part in our better results.

Strange how often team dynamics, formation and tactics get missed by some fans.

Not just a case of "shoe horning" the best eleven individuals into a 4-4-2 and sending them on their merry way.

25 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Strange how often team dynamics, formation and tactics get missed by some fans.

Not just a case of "shoe horning" the best eleven individuals into a 4-4-2 and sending them on their merry way.

Exactly, but if man-management too….recall what he did post-match with Towler, who he took off for fear of a second yellow then praised his role in two wins.

Part of the Pearson style is to be a team / squad.  Tyreeq has played a part, even if he might not normally be first choice.

2 hours ago, Better Red said:

Another disgraceful display from Bakinson.

Massengo, Scott & Pring put him to shame again today.

Every player accept him put in a shift today including the subs.

His effort, tackling, tracking back and defending are as bad as I have seen.

He literally picks up no one up during the game. Jogs at pace while the game passes him by.

He looks like he trying not to get to a tackle or maybe he is just that lazy.

Vyner did not have a great game but at least the effort is there. 

All the kids are really putting the effort in Banarous and Tanner are the same as the other kids when they play and really put in a shift.

Why is he tolerated and even in the side is beyond me.

I would have thought NP has seen enough from him. He’s first impression of him was right so why he is still getting a start I just can’t see.

We maybe be short of midfielders at the moment but I not really sure is even one himself certainly not at this level.

Please get rid as soon as possible.

Disgraceful ?  
with a very young midfield I thought as a unit they were well organised & coached today . Do I think tyreeq is good enough , possibly not but. 
 We also have Han Noah who at times , especially at sheff Utd chases a ball like a under 10 player . I thought with wiemann and as a team we stifled derby today . 
there was about 30 yards between our back 3 & our front players. Derby wanted to play through us but there was no space . Their only outlet was their right winger . We controlled them really well. 

• Like 5

Stick James into a MF3 with HNM & Bakinson and it would bring more out of Nan & TB. Our MF is lightweight, but any MF needs balance. 
Have all ball winners= no creativity
Have all creative players= Noway of winning the ball
Bakinson has attributes that need players around him to help out. HNM is similar you want a steadying influence or ball winner and then let the others do the creative stuff.

45 minutes ago, redsocks said:

The kids not good enough for the championship - I think you're wrong

.missing Williams and matty James. Can't argue

if they were both fit bakinson would not play. Can't argue with that either

players needed in jan to help boost this current squad. Again, hard to argue. But with very limited funds where do you improve first ? Everyone fit and we have a decent side.

the football is awful. Yep

i think Pearson could be the problem. Possibly , but not the only problem. 

when was the last time we actually won a game at home were we entertained, felt comfortable that we were going to win and not felt nervous going into the last 10 mins thinking shit here we go again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly, but if man-management too….recall what he did post-match with Towler, who he took off for fear of a second yellow then praised his role in two wins.

Part of the Pearson style is to be a team / squad.  Tyreeq has played a part, even if he might not normally be first choice.

Agreed, not totally sold on NPs man management overall so far (as you are aware) but like all aspects this has improved since he came back from illness.

I am definitely getting more hopeful and seeing some light !