IGNORED

Pitch Invader

richyy66

Something I've noticed on social media over the last year or so is people celebrating pitch invaders more and more so you can expect to see them more too.

It's usually people at the end of games running on the pitch to try get a players shirt but the amount of people condoning it as them being "real fans" is unreal. 

On 04/12/2021 at 23:20, Swede said:

What I found annoying is when the stewards finally caught up with him they proceeded to walk him across the pitch adding to his moment of fame instead of taking the shortest route off the pitch. They were even called back to A8 by their superior. Unbelievable.

The stewards never caught him, he gave up , surrendered himself, but how did he get through a line of stewards in the away end,

On 04/12/2021 at 21:38, Ronnie Sinclair said:

A similar prat on the pitch at Old Trafford on Thursday, attempting a selfie with Ronaldo of all things - these people are aren't in full possession of their faculties 

Not in full possession of their faculties,but probably had previously been in possession of a full bag of sniff 

On 04/12/2021 at 23:20, Swede said:

What I found annoying is when the stewards finally caught up with him they proceeded to walk him across the pitch adding to his moment of fame instead of taking the shortest route off the pitch. They were even called back to A8 by their superior. Unbelievable.

That’s what I couldn’t understand either, there seemed no plan in place for incidents like this. 

As for him evading the stewards I was told previously that they aren’t allowed to chase pitch invaders like they did. For one it encourages the idiots and more importantly if the steward did pull the person to the ground and cause injury they are open to be sued and fired. This was confirmed to me after the game too. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TBW said:

Something I've noticed on social media over the last year or so is people celebrating pitch invaders more and more so you can expect to see them more too.

It's usually people at the end of games running on the pitch to try get a players shirt but the amount of people condoning it as them being "real fans" is unreal. 

Recently there has been a lot of young children being encouraged to run on during the game to either ask a player for a shirt or grab the ball and try to run away with it. Various examples are all over social media. I think the feeling is that as they are so young there won’t be any repercussions, personally I would ban the ‘responsible’ adult they are with.

And yes, I like just about everyone else, including the stewards didn’t see the Derby one enter the pitch. But he must have got past stewards and at least Bentley to get to the centre circle before he began doing kicking gestures for no apparent reason.

15 hours ago, TBW said:

image.png.0c5d7ec19efd093c41c48be0b0988691.png

4 hours ago, RedM said:

As for him evading the stewards I was told previously that they aren’t allowed to chase pitch invaders like they did. 

I like this approach as by the time he got to the center circle he didn't know what to do with himself and looked like a right muppet!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shahanshahan said:

For those that may not have seen, there was a pitch invader at last night's Chelsea Women game. Sam Kerr shoulder tackled the person, to cheers in the ground. And got a yellow card for it.

I haven't seen or heard about pitch invaders in ages and then two incidents happen a few days apart!

Absolutely no idea why she got a yellow card.

The ***** shouldn’t be on the pitch.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

People on Twitter calling for HER to be banned?

Complte tits and that’s cancel culture at its worst.

Bleedin ridiculous the player could be booked for charging some ******** who shouldn’t even be on the pitch in the first place.  They aren’t participating in the game, so what justification is there for punishing the player? Madness

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Complte tits and that’s cancel culture at its worst.

Bleedin ridiculous the player could be booked for charging some ******** who shouldn’t even be on the pitch in the first place.  They aren’t participating in the game, so what justification is there for punishing the player? Madness

The same people who would be up in arms if one of these nutters came on and twatted, say Mo Salah, broke his jaw and forced him to miss three months of football..........

As usual football will wake up when one of these idiots seriously injures a top player who then employs the same genius that got Joey Shoulder Barge off and sues the club concerned for zillions of lost revenue due to not providing an adequately protected workplace.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The same people who would be up in arms if one of these nutters came on and twatted, say Mo Salah, broke his jaw and forced him to miss three months of football..........

As usual football will wake up when one of these idiots seriously injures a top player who then employs the same genius that got Joey Shoulder Barge off and sues the club concerned for zillions of lost revenue due to not providing an adequately protected workplace.

It's all fun and games until one player has enough and goes full Cantona mode on them when they're approaching them 

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly and makes you wonder how long it will be before someone gets injured.  

I was amazed by some comments about our pitch invader egainst Derby that apparently the stewards have little power to physically bring someone down on the pitch for fear of being sued if they injure them in the process.

Looks like the nutters have the upper hand now and it only takes one psycho and a player or official could be seriously injured, or worse.

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

Exactly and makes you wonder how long it will be before someone gets injured.  

I was amazed by some comments about our pitch invader egainst Derby that apparently the stewards have little power to physically bring someone down on the pitch for fear of being sued if they injure them in the process.

Looks like the nutters have the upper hand now and it only takes one psycho and a player or official could be seriously injured, or worse.

Only at that point will anyone bother to do anything about it. This is football we are talking about. Pitch invasions when teams get promoted etc. are more of a grey area but a simple rule that ANYONE who comes onto the pitch whilst the game is in play (which includes players walking off at half time or coming back onto the pitch for the second half) receives a LIFETIME BAN with no right of appeal for 99 years and 11 months might at least make one or two have second thoughts about doing it.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Only at that point will anyone bother to do anything about it. This is football we are talking about. Pitch invasions when teams get promoted etc. are more of a grey area but a simple rule that ANYONE who comes onto the pitch whilst the game is in play (which includes players walking off at half time or coming back onto the pitch for the second half) receives a LIFETIME BAN with no right of appeal for 99 years and 11 months might at least make one or two have second thoughts about doing it.

Yep, I think those extra 11 months might just convince people not to take a chance.

Seriously, though, there does seem to be something wrong when a 'Head Steward' can threaten somebody with a twelve month ban for swearing but choose not to intervene when somebody invades the pitch.

I am, of course, aware that stewards on minimum wage are understandably loath to intervene when there is a risk of physical injury or even legal action, but something does need to be done before a serious incident occurs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Where is Erika Roe when you need her ?

In Portugal apparently. They've probably drooped by now though. 

2 hours ago, The Batman said:

Sprung to mind straight away. Video of it was so funny at the time. 

Things you never tire of watching!  ? ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree. By booking the player it seems harsh, but it also discourages them from getting involved. If a pitch invader thinks he can approach a player who gets wound up and retaliates it will be all over social media and the player would most likely come off worse.