IGNORED

Chris Martin

Redandproud

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

For 90% of that game Weimann had a total shocker yesterday. I think he would admit that himself if you spoke to him.

well he did not get good service. it was a lucky 1-0 win. In years gone buy we would of been 3-0 up at half time.

35 minutes ago, Henry said:

I think it suited Martin playing slightly deeper, knowing he had Antoine playing on the same man. For people saying he’s not as good as Fam, no way could Fam play that role, his link up play and flick ons were terrible.

I did notice though that on a few occasions, Martin got a flick on and Semenyo was nowhere near him. They need to work on that.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I saw a stat on Football league World (or something like that) very recently that had Chris Martin listed as having won the most headers of anyone in the whole championship so far this season. 

Fact.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Maybe we play the most long balls.

We are up there ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mozo said:

I did notice though that on a few occasions, Martin got a flick on and Semenyo was nowhere near him. They need to work on that.

That’s true. Although the “big man/little man = long ball/flick on” is a low percentage tactic in terms of retaining possession.

I think the tactic yesterday was for Martin to drop deep and Semenyo to spin in behind. It worked on occasion and looked to have the potential to be our best partnership.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Redandproud said:

What has that bloke got to do to get dropped, rubbish today,clear goal chance,and blasted it wide, maybe NP should rest him, but he won't, first on team sheet for Huddersfield (A)

NP praised him after the game for winning every header. Looking again at his best goal scoring chance even if it had been on target they had a defender on the post who would have blocked it I think. Given the fact he had time and space he should have slotted it the other side and hit the target.