IGNORED

Vyner: no longer interested?

MelksRed

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Moore is on a par with vyner- neither are  regular championship quality defenders and both hopefully sooner rather than later will be gone.

I disagree with you on one point, which is that I think the more accurate sentence would be “neither are consistently regular Championship quality defenders”. Both have shown they can meet the standard required but both have struggled to do it game after game or even consistently across 90 minutes. If either one of them reached a point where they could be relied on to concentrate for 90 minutes and regularly produce their best, they would be phenomenal players for us.

But without that, they will always struggle at this level.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

22 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I thought Kalas and Atkinson were a bit better than Vyner yesterday. But Zak was solid enough and I'm pretty sure he would have stepped away for a good reason whenever that happened - not for the reason OP suggests of him not being interested.

I thought he was poor Jon if I’m honest. His decision making is awful . I sit in the dolman towards s82 & watched him closely second half . There were 4 or 5 occasions where he was either out of position late to a challenge or just lacking awareness. Around the 90 minute mark , wells & wiemann had come to the right hand side , derby had a high line . We needed to turn them around . A clipped ball down the line for them to chase down & waste time in the corner was clearly the best option & a easy ball. He gave the ball away with a terrible pass & put us under pressure. That’s not about ability , it’s thought process . 

• Sad 1

The constant attacking of our players on here is is embarrassing.

Do you know Zac ? Have you ever met him ? 

How on earth can you question his commitment.

These players have shown since the Blackburn game that given proper training, organisation, tactics, a proper formation and motivation that they can compete at this level and are not the total useless bunch of uncoachable wasters that many would like to be the case.

Almost as though some people are looking to shift blame.

20 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

These players have shown since the Blackburn game that given proper training, organisation, tactics, a proper formation and motivation that they can compete at this level and are not the total useless bunch of uncoachable wasters that many would like to be the case.

I think the same can be said about the constant attacking of Pearson. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tin said:

I think the same can be said about the constant attacking of Pearson. 

Yep he has improved and doing a good job since he came back from the last illness.

100% better.

We actually look like a professional (although flawed) football team and not something you would see in a Mike Bassett movie.

Long may it continue.

Edited by VT05763

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Sorry, Just playing Devil’s advocate…

…how can you challenge a poster on their opinion and question as to whether they know Zac, etc, then in your next paragraph you make wild speculation about us not preparing for games until Blackburn?  You’ve admitted you don’t go to watch training at Failand?  

Bit pot and kettle innit? ??‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry, Just playing Devil’s advocate…

…how can you challenge a poster on their opinion and question as to whether they know Zac, etc, then in your next paragraph you make wild speculation about us not preparing for games until Blackburn?  You’ve admitted you don’t go to watch training at Failand?  

Bit pot and kettle innit? ??‍♂️

Correct I have no idea what was going on pre Blackburn and to be honest I dread to think but the difference since NP came back from his illness is stark, maybe a coincidence.

Multiple posters on here (now gone silent) describing the players as uncoachable. crap, deadwood, lazy etc etc when they obviously are not, as proven in performances and results since Blackburn.

And it is the RHPC Sir and not Failand.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Correct I have no idea what was going on pre Blackburn and to be honest I dread to think but the difference since NP came back from his illness is stark, maybe a coincidence.

Multiple posters on here (now gone silent) describing the players as uncoachable. crap, deadwood, lazy etc etc when they obviously are not, as proven in performances and results since Blackburn.

And it is the RHPC Sir and not Failand.

I’m old skool…..Training Ground to me ?

On 05/12/2021 at 08:30, MelksRed said:

Watching the game yesterday there were a couple of times that Vyner stepped away from his man to enable them to attack. That (and the fact that he seemingly watched as much of the game as I did at times) suggests that he no longer has any interest in being here.....thoughts?

I love how fans make massive leaps.

Player goes on a bad run of form and is low on confidence - all of a sudden they dont want to be here.

Total nonsense.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Not my style whatsoever to turn on one of our own, but so angry, I'm actually sat at the gate typing this.

How does he get a place in our team, let alone starting XI.

Absolutely bloody awful. 

Anyone else see differently?!

Nope, he's nowhere near Championship standard. I can only assume he's in the team as he's better than others who are actually worse.

And this for me is the main issue, our squad simply isn't good enough. 

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

54 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Not my style whatsoever to turn on one of our own, but so angry, I'm actually sat at the gate typing this.

Absolutely bloody awful. 

Nope, you’re dead right — and I’ve been saying it for more than a year.

On 06/12/2021 at 12:50, Riaz said:

I love how fans make massive leaps.

Player goes on a bad run of form and is low on confidence - all of a sudden they dont want to be here.

Total nonsense.

It's not just a bad run of form though. The lad has always struggled to make the grade at the level expected by the fans (top half championship). 

• Like 1

Gives the ball away far too much. 

There was a moment in the first half where he was unchallenged and couldn't play a simple 10 yard pass with 3 options ahead of him. Instead he passed it to a Huddersfield player which sparked an immediate counter attack. 

Space behind him all game and doesn't seem to have the awareness, or physical attributes required to get himself out of trouble. 

If he wasn't an academy graduate, I don't think he would be getting a game. 

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Really disappointed to see Atkinson getting the chop before Vyner does. Am I missing something? We were defensively poor as a unit today but Atkinson is our best CB quite often imo.

Atkinson was labouring badly & as we were 3-1 down Pring was brought on for his pace.

Both were equally poor today but the formation with Benarous & Scott as wing backs was a very gung ho one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Absolutely bloody awful. 

No, he’s not good enough . Never a championship player imo 

• Like 1

Whole defence was poor today.  Errors in marking, passing-on and being left with nobody to mark.

That applies to Kalas and Atkinson as well as Vyner today.  The number of times it was 3 of them marking Ward, well, sort of marking Ward, and then Ward dropped deep and nobody went with him, rotating with O’Brien or Sinani who nobody then picks up as either moves between the lines.

It really isn’t acceptable as this level.

Chuckle Brothers defending - to me, to you.

I don’t lay all the blame at Vyner’s door either!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Whole defence was poor today.  Errors in marking, passing-on and being left with nobody to mark.

That applies to Kalas and Atkinson as well as Vyner today.  The number of times it was 3 of them marking Ward, well, sort of marking Ward, and then Ward dropped deep and nobody went with him, rotating with O’Brien or Sinani who nobody then picks up as either moves between the lines.

It really isn’t acceptable as this level.

Chuckle Brothers defending - to me, to you.

I don’t lay all the blame at Vyner’s door either!!!

I think we have to acknowledge that Vyner has made serious errors in 3 of the last 4 games now. He can't be trusted.

• Like 2

Just now, Davefevs said:

My point is why aren’t the other defenders getting stick yesterday?  Kalas is ambling for their first two goals?

Long term pattern of issues I assume.

Kalas is consistently good but had a bad day, Vyner has been consistently bad with multiple issues per game over a long period.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder what specifically Pearson is not happy about with Atkinson. Not coming out to deal with the numbers in midfield? His poor distribution? Or maybe a bit of everything.

Most likely not marking the wider forward whose come inside, so that Benarous can mark a midfielder or provide an extra body in midfield.  With Kalas not marking, there is no need for Atkinson to not mark.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My point is why aren’t the other defenders getting stick yesterday?  Kalas is ambling for their first two goals?

Fair point Dave. Collectively poor yesterday in all honesty Kalas & Atkinson certainly didn’t come out with any credit. 

Even in his better performances, Zak’s game is littered with mistakes which often result in the opposition having a chance from. I think he’s clearly low on confidence at the moment and I hope he can find some form but if he continues to make so many mistakes or poor decisions during games he won’t last long at this level. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Personally thought that was one of Kalas’s worst performances in a city shirt. Should have been the spare but was caught ball watching and poorly positioned on multiple occasions. For £8m he should be more comfortable with the ball but doesn’t want it.  Just had a mare which in fairness is very rare as mr dependable. Atkinson not at it at all & always seems knackered so not sure if he’s really over his Health problems.  Vyner just seems so fragile as in something goes wrong and you see confidence ebb away.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1