IGNORED

Alex Scott song

Ciderarmy23

16 minutes ago, Martin89 said:

Anyone know what the words were for the new Alex Scott song? 

I knows it's the logical song by scooter but couldn't make out it all the words. 

Sadly not but I would say there is a fair chance that whatever they are, the song has to be better than that god awful Callum O’Dowda one ??

2 hours ago, Martin89 said:

Anyone know what the words were for the new Alex Scott song? 

I knows it's the logical song by scooter but couldn't make out it all the words. 

Credit where credit is due...........before the horrendous Scooter came out with their bollox cover version  chipmunk influenced crap..............the original and far superior version.... "The Logical Song" was by Supertramp from 1979.. just saying Ha!!

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Credit where credit is due...........before the horrendous Scooter came out with their bollox cover version  chipmunk influenced crap..............the original and far superior version.... "The Logical Song" was by Supertramp from 1979.. just saying Ha!!

Was about to like and say the same!

I couldn’t make yesterday so would interested to hear what this was!

There have been a few new ones in Section 82 this season but they haven’t really caught on yet. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, maxjak said:

And showing your age. For the record supertramp were a bit pony too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They were alright I suppose. Good singalong stuff and some cracking album covers IIRC.

I guess the fact we remember them says something!

That Prog Rock sort of stuff always reminded me of upper class ***** trying to piss their parents off by growing their hair long and strumming a guitar. But maybe that’s a bit harsh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

That Prog Rock sort of stuff always reminded me of upper class ***** trying to piss their parents off by growing their hair long and strumming a guitar. But maybe that’s a bit harsh. 

Yeah, there were a few like that back then. It would be called MOTR or AOR ten years later I guess - a bit like The Eagles, Chicago or Toto.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

And showing your age. For the record supertramp were a bit pony too 

Sorry..cannot agree there..........they were musicians and songwriters, and not chipmunks with electronic keyboards, who were covering other's songs?  Off you go and listen to your Ed Sheeran masterpieces?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry..cannot agree there..........they were musicians and songwriters, and not chipmunks with electronic keyboards, who were covering other's songs?  Off you go and listen to your Ed Sheeran masterpieces?

What an odd thing to say! 

I’m 60 and couldn’t even name an Ed Sheeran song I just didn’t like didn’t prog rock. 

However I’ve seen Joy Division and The Clash, The Jam, The Stranglers among many many others multiple times!

Hope that helps!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

What an odd thing to say! 

I’m 60 and couldn’t even name an Ed Sheeran song I just didn’t like didn’t prog rock. 

However I’ve seen Joy Division and The Clash, The Jam, The Stranglers among many many others multiple times!

Hope that helps!

Ed Sheeran = “music for women” ?

Edited by The Gasbuster

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Roger Hodgson was a bit posh, but Rick Davies had a much more "humble" background. He was one of the better things to come out of Swindon. 

Love Supertramp, by the way. And, as someone else has said, great album covers. 

And before the thread gets shifted to "non football" though Scott was very good yesterday! 

Edited by Totterdown's Finest
Spelling
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Ed Sheeran = “music for women” ?

I'm proud to say that the only time I've heard Ed Sheeran sing was when he was on Game of Thrones :laugh:, over here in Western Canada it's all rock or country so no Ed and never heard Adele either, or One Direction! I think I've been lucky to escape, I dunno ? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

Roger Hodgson was a bit posh, but Rick Davies had a much more "humble" background. He was one of the better things to come out of Swindon. 

Love Supertramp, by the way. And, as someone else has said, great album covers. 

And before the thread gets shifted to "non football" though Scott was very good yesterday! 

Scott is going to be a big star one day. 

I find it hard to remember anyone with that sort of talent at 18 years old. My only concern for him is the kind of injury Tommy Docherty got that effectively ended his ability to get to the highest level. Fingers crossed there. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I'm proud to say that the only time I've heard Ed Sheeran sing was when he was on Game of Thrones :laugh:, over here in Western Canada it's all rock or country so no Ed and never heard Adele either, or One Direction! I think I've been lucky to escape, I dunno ? 

You’re lucky mate !

Sheeran writes some of the most painful drivel you are ever likely to hear.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Scott is going to be a big star one day. 

I find it hard to remember anyone with that sort of talent at 18 years old. My only concern for him is the kind of injury Tommy Docherty got that effectively ended his ability to get to the highest level. Fingers crossed there. 

Yep agreed.

We need to enjoy the time he is with us, because it might not be too long.

1 hour ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I think you have done well to have avoided/escaped Ed S and One D.

Each to their own, but I think you  would not be disappointed listening to Adele sing.

Just remember to avoid or at least turn off the volume should there be any risk she might be going to talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

Sadly not but I would say there is a fair chance that whatever they are, the song has to be better than that god awful Callum O’Dowda one ??

Indeed the o’dowda one is rubbish, and how tinpot are we that we still have to reference Bolasie in it… he left like 8 years ago couldn’t give two monkeys about what Bristol city think about him yet the singing section are obsessed with him….

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

It is possible to not like someone but to appreciate that they are actually very, very good at what they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Indeed the o’dowda one is rubbish, and how tinpot are we that we still have to reference Bolasie in it… he left like 8 years ago couldn’t give two monkeys about what Bristol city think about him yet the singing section are obsessed with him….

Glad I’m not the only one that thinks it’s a little embarrassing. I’m all for generating a good atmosphere, which there generally is but that one is terrible.  Has to be one of the worst ever given as you say, it’s 8 years on.