IGNORED

Derby days in the FA Cup? Yeovil, Swindon and the other lot in third round hat

Never to the dark side

6 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

I was there and we were robbed of a clear pen when Tom Ritchie was almost chopped in half by their keeper  ?. Incidentally that was the most tightly packed I have ever been at a football match.

And they had the most blatant non-penalty I`ve ever seen. Rachid Harkouk going down like he`d been shot a yard outside the box. I will always remember the referee`s name - Norman Glover. He got dog`s abuse at AG in the replay that we lost 2-0.

IIRC there was a decent 4th round tie on the end of it too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Personally I don`t count it as a new ground as it`s the `same` patch of grass that the game is played on. Where would it end otherwise? Wolves for instance turned the pitch through 90 degrees so would that count as `new`?

Yes I certainly wouldn’t count Wolves or Bournemouth but there’s nothing bar one new stand that’s even on the footprint of the old ground, the pitch has moved and new stands all around. 
Anyway we’ll probably be away to Morecambe so……..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes I certainly wouldn’t count Wolves or Bournemouth but there’s nothing bar one new stand that’s even on the footprint of the old ground, the pitch has moved and new stands all around. 
Anyway we’ll probably be away to Morecambe so……..

Nothing wrong with Morecombe.  I had a nice time there about 11pm one Saturday many years ago. Lovely girl, very accommodating.

Any of the top 6 home or away would be great, but some interesting local games would also be good. Anyone really obviously have a chance also of beating most in this div but not the top few. i.e WBA, Fulham, Bournemouth please.

A top draw against a top club like Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Spurs, Bristol Rovers would do.

Edited by gl2

17 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Personally I don`t count it as a new ground as it`s the `same` patch of grass that the game is played on. Where would it end otherwise? Wolves for instance turned the pitch through 90 degrees so would that count as `new`?

I thought it was a new ground where they tapped into a part of one of the stands when building. Also when the stadium was being constructed Spurs never had to move away for a couple of seasons which would have been the case if the original white hart lane was refurbished like Ashton Gate was.

5 hours ago, gl2 said:

Any of the top 6 home or away would be great, but some interesting local games would also be good. Anyone really obviously have a chance also of beating most in this div but not the top few. i.e WBA, Fulham, Bournemouth please.

A top draw against a top club like Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Spurs, Bristol Rovers would do.

Personally wouldn't be so big on a draw against a top 6 prem side. I don't think we'd be anywhere near competitive - it would likely just be a televised drubbing at the hands of Liverpool's 2nd team. That's not an especially fun experience IMO, even if it allows you to tick a big stadium off the list.

2 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Does anyone understand the way the draw numbers are allocated? Most of the sides are listed alphabetically, except Bournemouth are ahead of Arsenal at Ball 1, and the winners from R2 come after Wolves, presumably in R2 draw order.  Why are Bournemouth at Ball 1?

I'd imagine they go by AFC Bournemouth rather than just Bournemouth. It goes from Premier League and Championship in alphabetical order then to the rest in alphabetical order

• Like 1