IGNORED

Derby days in the FA Cup? Yeovil, Swindon and the other lot in third round hat

Never to the dark side

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Anyone that gets our game televised. We aren't attractive enough to be televised, and RobinsTV doesn't show FA Cup games, so we need an opposition big or small enough to get us on the box.

Just about to post similar.

Either Prem top 4 or away to the winner of tonights game.

St Albans won't fancy us!

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Just about to post similar.

Either Prem top 4 or away to the winner of tonights game.

St Albans won't fancy us!

St Albans is a fun non-league trip from London. Went a couple of times when I lived in the capital. Good honest old stadium.

You know, hypothetically, I'm not even sure a Bristol derby would get selected for TV. It would stand a chance, but given the current state of the two clubs I doubt it would get top billing. Maybe tucked away on BBC red button or BT Sport 3 maybe?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

St Albans is a fun non-league trip from London. Went a couple of times when I lived in the capital. Good honest old stadium.

You know, hypothetically, I'm not even sure a Bristol derby would get selected for TV. It would stand a chance, but given the current state of the two clubs I doubt it would get top billing. Maybe tucked away on BBC red button or BT Sport 3 maybe?

Yeh if it did happen you could easily see our draw being surpassed by other fixtures.

Probably all moot as we'll get Blackburn away or similar i expect.

Hate same div fixtures in the cup.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I reckon City v Rovers would be televised.

There's a strong case certainly, and don't get me wrong - I think it should be televised.

First Bristol derby since 2013, first FA Cup meeting since 1984, a plucky lower league club taking on a Championship stalwart, even some begrudging 'celebrity' attention via Mr. Barton. But given that the Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, and Chelsea games are guaranteed, plus normally one or two all-Prem games, plus the winner of tonight will get on, as well as probably Harrogate...that only leaves 3 or 4 slots. Probably all moot because it'll be QPR away, but it would be interesting to see.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Have a sneaky feeling we are getting Plymouth (a)

Wouldn't be televised, but I'd enjoy seeing how we fared against Lowe's team.

Edited by ExiledAjax

I really feel playing the Sags would galvanise the club a bit. Think we need like a big game moment as I'm sure most feel it the club just feels really dull and dreary at the moment.

On the other hand I wouldn't trust these players to beat them, home or away. So a nice league 1 team to lose to please.

Edited by HoldenBall