IGNORED

Fortress Ashton Gate and who was Eddie Kavanagh?

headhunter

Ian , Mark and DaveP are joined by Derby supporter Mike Stewart in discussing the 1-0 win vs. The Rams in this latest episode of the FBC Podcast

On Saturday's EFL programme on Quest Colin Murray plagiarized what I had Tweeted 3 hours previously with my "Fortress Ashton Gate" comment as City extended their unbeaten home run to 4 and a first half pitch invasion by a Derby fan was reminiscent of Everton supporting Eddie Kavanagh doing something similar at the 1966 FA Cup Final although he was brought to ground better than our stewards attempts on Saturday!!

Mike gives his insight on Derby's financial woes we makes for a good listen and even Ian comes across in a relatively joyous mood!!

Listen here or on all the other platforms: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/fortress-ashton-gate-and-who-was-eddie-kavanagh/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, daored said:

@headhuntergood to see an away fans view , always interesting to hear outsider views. Personally think FBC needs other views the two regulars are often reactive to a result rather than looking at the bigger picture 

Would agree. 
If you listen to Radio Bris after the game- you don’t need to listen to FBC as Ian and Mark reiterate the same views. 

And obviously Ian is (in his mind) never wrong, and has also always suggested anything positive that’s happened “a few weeks ago”

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Would agree. 
If you listen to Radio Bris after the game- you don’t need to listen to FBC as Ian and Mark reiterate the same views. 

And obviously Ian is (in his mind) never wrong, and has also always suggested anything positive that’s happened “a few weeks ago”

Nostradamus.

• Haha 1

If anyone was playing 'Ian bingo' I hope you took a drink when he said he doesn't know what Massengo is and also when he said that if we go long ball we need to recruit long ball....oh and an abrasive comment to Dave too of course.

It's a shame he didn't have an opportunity to talk about Riley Towler and his sweet left foot.

Edited by mozo
  • Haha 9

40 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Would agree. 

I think the podcast needs different voices , it’s the same two voices each week and are so inconsistent with their opinions- dependant on results 

@headhunterthink the live podcast is really good idea 

Edited by daored
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, mozo said:

If anyone was playing 'Ian bingo' I hope you took a drink when he said he doesn't know what Massengo is and also when he said that if we go long ball we need to recruit long ball....oh and an abrasive comment to Dave too of course.

It's a shame he didn't have an opportunity to talk about Riley Towler and his sweet left foot.

I can’t remember the last time he didn’t mention Michael Smith or Jamille Matt.

I won’t criticise FBC Podcast as I am really grateful to the guys that put it together every week. I don’t always agree with them, but they produce something a lot better than I (and I suspect most other fans) could come up with.

I prefer FBC to 3 Peaps as they tell it like it is. The 3 Peaps are nice guys but seem to find it hard to be critical of the club in anyway. With their sponsorship and trips to the HPC, they have ‘gone native’’. Also don’t like the endless and pointless debate about whether Bentley was a 6 or a 7. What does it matter? Would much rather have some debate and controversy that you get with FBC

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Would agree. 

I like Ian. He puts himself out there and says what he thinks. Having been on this place for years keyboard warriors do a get a bit boring. 

HOWEVER You are correct and it’s why I stopped listening for a while. It’s already been stated on Twentyman after the game so what is the point. 

Nevertheless I tuned in earlier to the recorded version and it was a bit Samey in as much as I’d already heard some of it on Radio Brizz and some of the views expressed were the same ones of a few weeks ago. 

I like Ian am not convinced by Massengo, but with Williams King and James all injured we are left with what we have….A weak midfield. This is why we go longer as we can’t pass through teams and are easily knocked off the ball. Hence Martin gets some long ball. And to be fair he won most of it and did the job he was/is asked to do. 

The boy Scott is going to be a star is obvious. But Semenyo finally getting a run is key to how Pearson likes to play. Win the ball…..Get it forward to a fast running forward.

The point being we have had to play with what was fit after dumping all of LJs collection of wage suckers. So thinly veiled attacks on anyone on the basis of no improvement are a bit trite. He’s had what he’s had. A really crappy hand and no money. And yet we have won games at home lately and are closer to the Play Offs than relegation, so hopefully we can remain comfortable and that is improvement. 

Having a visiting supporter guest would really give the show a lift. Hopefully contact can be made with opposition poddy’s and a swap can be made. Perhaps Ian on a Free Transfer every week after his stint on Twentyman. 

The bloke from Derby I guess was a mate of someones, was a great idea in theory, in practice if we get to play Derby again perhaps someone who doesn’t blame The EFL for not stopping Derby from defrauding the public purse earlier than they did. A bit bizarre really!

16 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Why don't all these pod casters (OSIB, FBC, 3Peeps etc) do vlogs (where you can see them?) much more interesting .

different ‘market’ I guess, podcasts you can put on Spotify and play in the car or whatnot a vlog you can’t, I can’t get on with podcasts I can’t just sit and listen to something and in the car I’d rather just play music (I like having my own personal concert in there) but I know lots of people who love them and have several that they listen to religiously so I suppose it’s just what people like make and consume 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gumpster1 said:

I won’t criticise FBC Podcast as I am really grateful to the guys that put it together every week. I don’t always agree with them, but they produce something a lot better than I (and I suspect most other fans) could come up with.

I prefer FBC to 3 Peaps as they tell it like it is. The 3 Peaps are nice guys but seem to find it hard to be critical of the club in anyway. With their sponsorship and trips to the HPC, they have ‘gone native’’. Also don’t like the endless and pointless debate about whether Bentley was a 6 or a 7. What does it matter? Would much rather have some debate and controversy that you get with FBC

Completely agree. 

Ian is a pain in the arse and the audio issues are frequently annoying but FBC is way better than 3 Peaps as it’s real.

It’s authentic and they say it how they see it, even though I personally often disagree.

3 Peaps may as well be a club product and you are right the 30 minute debate in marks out of ten (6 being an average out of ten?!) is dull. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, headhunter said:

Ian , Mark and DaveP are joined by Derby supporter Mike Stewart in discussing the 1-0 win vs. The Rams in this latest episode of the FBC Podcast

On Saturday's EFL programme on Quest Colin Murray plagiarized what I had Tweeted 3 hours previously with my "Fortress Ashton Gate" comment as City extended their unbeaten home run to 4 and a first half pitch invasion by a Derby fan was reminiscent of Everton supporting Eddie Kavanagh doing something similar at the 1966 FA Cup Final although he was brought to ground better than our stewards attempts on Saturday!!

Not till after he shed his jacket in the pursuit , as I remember .

Love the intro music….memories of journey home from AG, feet gradually thawing out as we got closer to home.

Ian - Christmas tree is 4321, not 3421

image.png.8d2914d824d6be384f99c072dc9361ea.png

Still think Alex Scott’s best position is CM, not no10.  Plays CM for England u19s and City u23s (and u18s last season). I think the misconception is because he’s attack minded you push him further forward, I think that would mean he gets on the ball less.  Talk of replacing Weimann, I’d rather not play a 10, but a flatter midfield three.

Benarous as a no10.  Again, most of his football for City u23s has been wide midfield.  No need to rush Benarous out of loan.  Gonna learn more being around the first team squad imho.

Fact Check 1 - As for crossing we are not the lowest crossers in the Champ, according to Wyscout we are 12th (Derby are 24th!) .  We are actually the most accurate crossers at 40.4% find a City shirt.  Not sure of his data source, or just might be opinion!

Still think there is a misconception that the style of football Pearson is playing is not through choice, nor is it the “end-game”.  We are in transition, and it’s a very valid term to summarise where we are at this point.

Talk about talking over the guest (Mike) too.  He doesn’t just make a quick interjection, and then step-out, he completely took over.  Well done Dave for getting it back on track.

Mark made me laugh re Pitch Invader not having to watch Derby if he gets a ban!

Paul Clement is Dave Clement’s son (RIP).

Fact Check 2 - Nige’s record at Derby.  Far from 3-6 goals in 14 games.

image.png.2f18eb9b36c741f8ef8d2785f8f9dd7a.png

Fact Check 3 - Form Table - “Nige’s record is only marginally better this season”….jeez!

image.png.c9991ba01e4e00a73c9b6e2436c71029.png

20/21 ⬆️ versus 21/22 ⬇️

image.png.ca351918a932974005505ab040911a58.png

It’s far from marginal isn’t it?

Fact Check 4 - Mel Morris - “put his money where his mouth is”….until now.  They didn’t use the normal way of amortisation, they used their own method.

Will listen to rest later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I like FBC. It has its faults, they love a moan (Like all City fans), it's not perfect but it's raw and passionate City fans. Not scripted and a bit rough around the edges which for me makes it an interesting listen. 

But I am sick of hearing about average players like Jamille Matt and Matt Smith. They are not the answer.