IGNORED

Fortress Ashton Gate and who was Eddie Kavanagh?

headhunter

52 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I like FBC. It has its faults, they love a moan (Like all City fans), it's not perfect but it's raw and passionate City fans. Not scripted and a bit rough around the edges which for me makes it an interesting listen. 

But I am sick of hearing about average players like Jamille Matt and Matt Smith. They are not the answer.

Totally agree, plus Ian justifying these players by constant pedalling of 'we're a long ball team.' No we are not. We are a team in transition that has players that are not comfartable with the ball at their feet. Bentley, Vyner, Baker, Bakinson being the stand outs. They tend to lump the ball long as it is the easy option. Until we employ better footballers we will continue to see long balls pumped upfield. 

Enjoyed the pod as usual, had to laugh at the 'Dave Clement' suggestion. Paul Clement was also at Swansea and made a dogs dinner of that job too.

Shame the Derby fan wasn't called out a bit more on the cheating, particularly when he was banging on that it was the EFL's fault for allowing the situation to drag on for 2 years.

Better sound too. Well done.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Totally agree, plus Ian justifying these players by constant pedalling of 'we're a long ball team.' No we are not. We are a team in transition that has players that are not comfartable with the ball at their feet. Bentley, Vyner, Baker, Bakinson being the stand outs. They tend to lump the ball long as it is the easy option. Until we employ better footballers we will continue to see long balls pumped upfield. 

Enjoyed the pod as usual, had to laugh at the 'Dave Clement' suggestion. Paul Clement was also at Swansea and made a dogs dinner of that job too.

Shame the Derby fan wasn't called out a bit more on the cheating, particularly when he was banging on that it was the EFL's fault for allowing the situation to drag on for 2 years.

Yeah totally agree, we try to play football, but the players aren't comfortable with it or good enough at this level to do so, so then they start lumping it. The answer is, you ship those players out and get better footballers in to play that way, not justify it and bring in League 1 and League 2 lumps who will encourage that way of playing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Got to say, I’ve been really disappointed with Bentley’s distribution this season.  Seems like Nige was annoyed with it on Saturday too.  He is capable of delivering a better, flatter kick than he does.  Martin’s aerial success is incredible really.

• Like 2

Good show @headhunter really helps me get through the Monday early morning dog walk. Keep up the good work. Really enjoyed the session with @Davefevsthe other week and very well facilitated.

Great idea to have a Derby fan on and thought he was pretty complimentary about us, especially in the 1st half. He failed to mention Derby hadn’t submitted their accounts for the last 3years! (Although City are running behind at the moment).

It’s been said already, but we are a team in transition and tbh I can live with one half 45 minute performances as long as the commitment is there. Also not many teams put in 90 minute performances, so the panel could be waiting a long time for that to happen. 

Re possession stats with a slightly different angle, may be you could look at Ian’s comments from the previous show as would be interesting to know what % of Ian’s comments are positive and what % are negative!! ?

keep up the good work.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Yeah totally agree, we try to play football, but the players aren't comfortable with it or good enough at this level to do so, so then they start lumping it. The answer is, you ship those players out and get better footballers in to play that way, not justify it and bring in League 1 and League 2 lumps who will encourage that way of playing.

Yep, all part of a plan (we hope).

I genuinely feel, and have done so all season, that Nige recognises trying to play pretty football with this squad would mean a relegation battle, hence the more pragmatic, direct style we are seeing currently.  He knows we can’t be a possession side, although I suspect he thinks we should be managing the ball better than we are.

We are 10 points clear of relegation.  Derby were always gonna get a points deduction, so I don’t think that matters.  Most fans would’ve taken this position after 21 games, even if 17th isn’t fantastic….it is only 1 point off 14th, 2 points off of 12th.

I also said I thought we’d be a slow burner (although that might’ve been me covering my arse!), and in some respects we’ve picked up results of late whilst not being anywhere near full strength.  So that’s good imho.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, all part of a plan (we hope).

I genuinely feel, and have done so all season, that Nige recognises trying to play pretty football with this squad would mean a relegation battle, hence the more pragmatic, direct style we are seeing currently.  He knows we can’t be a possession side, although I suspect he thinks we should be managing the ball better than we are.

We are 10 points clear of relegation.  Derby were always gonna get a points deduction, so I don’t think that matters.  Most fans would’ve taken this position after 21 games, even if 17th isn’t fantastic….it is only 1 point off 14th, 2 points off of 12th.

I also said I thought we’d be a slow burner (although that might’ve been me covering my arse!), and in some respects we’ve picked up results of late whilst not being anywhere near full strength.  So that’s good imho.

And 7 points off the play offs as well! ??