IGNORED

Club shop

cityed

Unless i’m missing it somewhere you’d think the club would have a selection of baby items too such as baby grows, bibs etc.

Me and the wife are expecting our first child early next year, a little boy and i’d definitely be in the market for some city merchandise if they offered it. Especially as two of the grandparents are massive Man City fans so i need to make sure the little one is brought up in the right colours!

All i can find instead are custom items sold online by small businesses which may include the name Bristol City etc on them but nothing with the official badge and branding produced by the club.

Another missed opportunity by the club if you ask me!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Selred said:

They have some stationary, key rings etc on the website so weird it’s not in the store. 
My biggest issue is the price of the clothing, £50 for some jogging bottoms is extortionate.

I wanted to get my son some- we went to the Hummel website instead and got the same stuff just not with the logo on. Eventually got two of the trousers for £33 in medium men’s sizes on their sale .. looks exactly the same 

6 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

I wanted to get my son some- we went to the Hummel website instead and got the same stuff just not with the logo on. Eventually got two of the trousers for £33 in medium men’s sizes on their sale .. looks exactly the same 

Bonkers. Embarrassing. 

The worst thing is Bristol Rovers have teamed up with Terrace and actually have a better (and more affordable) range than us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

In 2018, I was back in Bristol for the first time in a long time. There were no home games on but I wanted to go down to see the new Ashton Gate and get some souvenirs for me and the family.

I’d read on here for years how bad the shop was but, to be honest, I thought that was just a bunch of people complaining for the sake of it. Anyway…

There was no kids stuff in stock, adults were XXL only and somehow there was a 35 minute queue at 10:30am on a Tuesday morning, even though there were only three customers (including myself) in the shop. It was only stubbornness and some misguided loyalty, that led me to persevere in buying a mini football with the badge on it and a sticker. When I got to the front to pay I asked the guy behind the counter if there were any more sizes in the clothing, or kids kits, and he replied: “I don’t know”, then just stood there.

I apologise to all those I doubted when they were describing the club shop as terrible.  I am now one of you.

Don’t even get me started on the club’s international postage rates…

Don’t even get me started on the club’s international postage rate.   Exactly!!!!!!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, cityed said:

Went in on Saturday to buy some stocking fillers and xmas presents, came out with nothing. Why is our selection so rubbish? surely a major missed opportunity. Would have spent at least £20-£30 on key rings, stationary, xmas stuff. Looked at Sheff United to check and they have a massive selection.

The shop simply does not match the stadium. The ground has come on leaps and bounds and the shop has not really progressed. The money they lose must be substantial. 

3 hours ago, BcfcAllen said:

Unless i’m missing it somewhere you’d think the club would have a selection of baby items too such as baby grows, bibs etc.

Me and the wife are expecting our first child early next year, a little boy and i’d definitely be in the market for some city merchandise if they offered it. Especially as two of the grandparents are massive Man City fans so i need to make sure the little one is brought up in the right colours!

All i can find instead are custom items sold online by small businesses which may include the name Bristol City etc on them but nothing with the official badge and branding produced by the club.

No baby stuff but you can get clothes for dogs!!

• Haha 2

Can anyone else remember the stall in the Late 70s, just before the old ticket office, that sold lots of shirts and paraphernalia from the newish formed American League, where lots of older Pros went to play? NASL. I remember wanting a California Surf shirt :laugh: 

Sold lots of other clubs kits too, as well as badges, pendants, cloth patches, scarf's etc etc 

I do remember getting an autographed photo of George Best from it.

We’ve had similar threads to this every 6 months since the stadium was redeveloped. Each time i think we’ll hear something from the club telling us things are going to change .

I’d love to hear from the club even if it was to say there’s no money in it anymore or something like that. 
The size of the shop, the range of stock, the range of designs and products are no better than a lot of National League teams. 

5 hours ago, BcfcAllen said:

They got a bunch of new stuff in store recently. Babygros, bibs and vests etc. I bought some for my one year old in the last few weeks, they have younger stuff as well. 

6 hours ago, BcfcAllen said:

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

They got a bunch of new stuff in store recently. Babygros, bibs and vests etc. I bought some for my one year old in the last few weeks, they have younger stuff as well. 

@BcfcAllenive contacted the manager of the shop with the comments you’ve made - like with most people at the club they don’t reply.

Interesting @Dollymarieas nothing online 

12 hours ago, Offside said:

I find the shop soulless. The prices for some of the clothes like t shirts seem very high.

The shop ran by Beryl - I have very fond memories of that. It was crammed full of stuff. 

I do really like the café being there. 

Difference was that Beryl (god rest her soul) was a 100% City supporter.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cityed said:

Went in on Saturday to buy some stocking fillers and xmas presents, came out with nothing. Why is our selection so rubbish? surely a major missed opportunity. Would have spent at least £20-£30 on key rings, stationary, xmas stuff. Looked at Sheff United to check and they have a massive selection.

Most of that stuff was in the shop on Saturday when I looked, its next to the tills where you queue up to pay, not in a good place as easy to miss if there is a lot of people standing in front waiting to pay,