IGNORED

Club shop

cityed

14 hours ago, VT05763 said:

They missed a trick when redeveloping the stadium, should have binned the coffee shop and had a far bigger shop.

Red Sox at Fenway Park is the model, thousands of items and always packed on game day. Must take a fortune.

See the source image

I've not been in the coffee shop recently but not long before the pandemic it seemed pretty busy at lunchtimes - could the same be said for the City shop if it was twice as big?

Maybe they have misjudged it, but will they be able to sell stock in sufficient quantity for more niche items? I don't know. I don't think you can compare us to Fenway Park either. Much as I'd like to think so, I don't think many Americans make sure they stop off at the famous Ashton Gate on their tours of Europe.

9 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

I've not been in the coffee shop recently but not long before the pandemic it seemed pretty busy at lunchtimes - could the same be said for the City shop if it was twice as big?

Maybe they have misjudged it, but will they be able to sell stock in sufficient quantity for more niche items? I don't know. I don't think you can compare us to Fenway Park either. Much as I'd like to think so, I don't think many Americans make sure they stop off at the famous Ashton Gate on their tours of Europe.

They could sell a lot of crap that we would all buy !!!

I will for one will never purchase a coconut latte but a £5.99 beer bottle opener I would be all over for instance.

Edited by VT05763

12 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

They got a bunch of new stuff in store recently. Babygros, bibs and vests etc. I bought some for my one year old in the last few weeks, they have younger stuff as well. 

Ah ok thanks. Can’t see anything online though? I don’t live local so shop visits are limited to matchdays but the shop is always so busy! I might have to give it another go at the Huddersfield game.

7 hours ago, BcfcAllen said:

Ah ok thanks. Can’t see anything online though? I don’t live local so shop visits are limited to matchdays but the shop is always so busy! I might have to give it another go at the Huddersfield game.

They’re on the back of the bit you have to walk along to get to the tills. 

• Thanks 1

As described by other posters on this thread, the 'portakabin'-style club shop I first encountered in the 1980s was a real Aladin's Cave. As a schoolboy City nut who only made it to a few games a year, the excitement upon entering was almost unbearable! I recall seeing not too long ago a picture of Beryl Fudge behind one of the counters in the shop, either posted on here or in a programme. It would be great to see some pictures if anyone has any, interior and exterior!

• Like 2

Am I missing something?
Had an email saying 20% off all items but when you click on it and go to the shop, then click gifts for adults, you get to a page with a whopping 8 items on.

Trouble is, some things have a Black Friday tag showing the price difference, some say 20% but don’t show the discount, not sure if they are or not and some say NEW and don’t seem to have anything off.

5 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Am I missing something?
Had an email saying 20% off all items but when you click on it and go to the shop, then click gifts for adults, you get to a page with a whopping 8 items on.

Trouble is, some things have a Black Friday tag showing the price difference, some say 20% but don’t show the discount, not sure if they are or not and some say NEW and don’t seem to have anything off.

Add to basket, checkout, and then the discount is added then.

It will add on £5 delivery charge though, so 20% saving on a £35 mini kit for the boy, results in a whopping £2 saving. Just messaged my mum and asked of they can pop in tomorrow to grab one as they're around the corner, and I'll grab it when we go down next week for Christmas!

• Thanks 1

On 06/12/2021 at 11:14, Portland Bill said:

I’ve been after a City bobble hat for a year………… anyone have any idea who sells them ?‍♂️

My old dear got me one for Xmas. Just sent the badge to a company that makes custom beanies/bobble hats. Great quality.

On 07/12/2021 at 07:37, BcfcAllen said:

Definitely more available online now than previously. At four different choices for baby clothing. Bought some myself yesterday.

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/christmas/gifts-for-kids/

14 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Am I missing something?

Ralph.  If you just click on the adverts for 20% off you get a very limited set of things you can purchase.  But if you go into the menu / heading and pop something into basket it applies the discount there.

I just bought some Flyers stuff, and used my £20 of club rewards too.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, daored said:

@BcfcAllenthe shop has online baby wear and a range of options. About time, but now in stock! I’ve just ordered some 

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Definitely more available online now than previously. At four different choices for baby clothing. Bought some myself yesterday.

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/christmas/gifts-for-kids/

Good spot both, thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Am I missing something?

I never got this email. Either that or i deleted it without reading it properly. Does it mention when the 20% off lasts until? Thanks

6 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

First task should be how to improve the shop, Bristol Sport are looking for a group head of retail. ?

group-head-of-retail.jpg

Doesn't seem like they'll be involved in creating lines though. Need someone with some fashion and marketing experience really. This just looks very adminny. Not holding out much hope.

On 10/12/2021 at 08:07, iamalagerdrinker said:

My friends run a online merchandise company and have a few licensed clubs including them north of the river..

Have some pretty good unofficial City bits though if you're interested 

https://theterracestore.com/collections/new-releases/bristol-city  

£27.99 for a mug, bottle opener and coaster in a presentation box?

Jeez