IGNORED

PNE manager gone

Gillies Downs Leeds

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Only one point behind us but deserving of the sack. Nige is getting a lot more slack from SL. Which isn't unusual for him tbh. 

Bit like Holden really….easily expendable.  I’m not saying that’s right btw, I would’ve given him longer.

• Like 1

Club statement: 

Preston North End Football Club can confirm that Frankie McAvoy has left his position as head coach.

Frankie stepped in earlier this year to assist us, initially in an interim role, before taking up the position of head coach. His first eight games at the end of last season were a huge success but this season we have struggled for consistency. Ultimately it is a results business and results to date have not met our expectations, we have therefore decided to make a change at this time.

Frankie is an honest, hard-working person who deserves to succeed and he leaves us with our grateful thanks and best wishes for the future. He will always be welcome back at Deepdale at any time.

The club will now look to appoint a new manager to take the club forward and a further update will be provided in due course.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Also needed to cut wage bill and stay competitive = tricky

You are right though, I would have given Holden longer too.

Given Holden longer!?! We would have been relegated if he was in any longer. We wouldn't have beaten Boro and Swansea thats for sure. They didn't want to play under him that was clear.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Given Holden longer!?! We would have been relegated if he was in any longer. We wouldn't have beaten Boro and Swansea thats for sure. They didn't want to play under him that was clear.

He got shafted by Ashton (and SL) re contracts for several players…that’s why some stopped playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What players were these? Ours or potentials?

Edit: Sorry i misread what you put.

Yeah, our players.  We saw how the likes of Diedhiou downed tools, not risking injury for that juicy contract (that didn’t quite transpire as he hoped).  It really left Holden in a shitty position at the end of the January window….then they sacked him giving Nige no transfer window.  Terrible management from owner and CEO.  Felt sorry for Dean.

8 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Which make a comparison of his stats against Pearson's even more concerning..! 

Hopefully we've at least started to turn a little corner now,  but Pearson would absolutely love to have the same stats as Holden had..! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Born in Southport, just up the road.

Yep,

Tough task at Preston though, they (like us)are very much in cost cutting mode.

Underperforming with the quality of players at the moment though  (as we were).

Would have though he was hight on our "back up" list if things had gone badly with NP.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Yep,

Tough task at Preston though, they (like us)are very much in cost cutting mode.

Underperforming with the quality of players at the moment though  (as we were).

Would have though he was hight on our "back up" list if things had gone badly with NP.

I think they are performing at about the right level…..bottom(ish) of middle-ten….a result away from mid-table.

They have found in the last 12 months what happens if you don’t replace key players well….over a period of time.  Where have I heard that before?

Like us, little transfer income….Ben Davies, because he was going OOC….bit like Eliasson.  Ben Pearson perhaps the equivalent impact of losing Brownhill.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think they are performing at about the right level…..bottom(ish) of middle-ten….a result away from mid-table.

They have found in the last 12 months what happens if you don’t replace key players well….over a period of time.  Where have I heard that before?

Like us, little transfer income….Ben Davies, because he was going OOC….bit like Eliasson.  Ben Pearson perhaps the equivalent impact of losing Brownhill.

Ben Pearson perhaps the equivalent impact of losing Brownhill.

Great example.