IGNORED

Mark Aizlewood on life after jail for fraud

McNasty Filth

My old man mentioned this to me after watching some brain dead daytime tv (he's fine, thanks for asking).

Don't remember a lot about Aizlewood apart from him being a bit of a hard bastard.

Got away with a 5,000,000 fraud of public money by running a fake football apprenticeship scheme.

Dunno who's worse, him or Mcindoe?

Some context.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aizlewood-mark-carmarthen-town-prison-21566452

18m18s in on below link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012bbl/fraud-squad-series-3-shortened-versions-episode-2

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, though couldn't really find a big mention on it.

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

good player in his time at The Gate. 

My favourite memory? For the game at Ipswich, they took the lead and in the second half goal keeper Sinclair was beaten by another shot, but Aizlewood charged through the area, leapt acrobatically and palmed the ball over the bar! Thompson hit the resultant penalty high and wide of the goal. MA was not sent off for that deliberate handball.

My “tutors” for college day release, during my 2nd year YTS were Aizlewood and Paul Sugrue. They used to turn up in an MR2, Sugrue in full Pat Sharp dressed as knightrider. They both absolutely loved themselves. 
We knew it was a joke and basically sat in the cafe for most of the day. They didn’t care whether we were in class or not. 

39 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Got it here 2 mins 54 sec:

I was in the away end that night. It was only a year after the Hillsborough tragedy. It was eary looking down on the terrace below and thinking of what had happened not long before.

I must say that the atmosphere that night was possibly the best I’ve ever witnessed, the Wednesday kop was heaving and was an awesome sight.

8 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I was in the away end that night. It was only a year after the Hillsborough tragedy. It was eary looking down on the terrace below and thinking of what had happened not long before.

I must say that the atmosphere that night was possibly the best I’ve ever witnessed, the Wednesday kop was heaving and was an awesome sight.

I wasn’t there but that was we the first thing i thought of watching that, must’ve been eary for the Wednesday supporters to see it all season you’d have thought they’d have attempted to cover it or something 

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

We must hold some sort of record for having players jailed.

Thats five i can think off.

Saw a podcast the other day, mcindoe, was walking around birmingham in a bullet proof vest!

Well that's the big problem with being a minor celebrity and ripping people off - everyone know what you look like.

• Haha 1