IGNORED

Potential Windfall

HappyClapper

2 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So you reckon a player is likely to turn down multiplying his salary many times over (he would have been signed on a relative low wage for the prem), plus the recognition and likely affect on his career playing for a prem mid to top club rather than a yo - yo one, as Bournemouth is a nice place

Not to mention how nice London is if you're earning 50k a week!

3 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So you reckon a player is likely to turn down multiplying his salary many times over (he would have been signed on a relative low wage for the prem), plus the recognition and likely affect on his career playing for a prem mid to top club rather than a yo - yo one, as Bournemouth is a nice place

depends which club it is doesnt it, norwich,newcastle,burnley,,watford and leeds,would make sense to hang on.  personally cant see the appeal of living in london,  he might not fancy it either

4 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

depends which club it is doesnt it, norwich,newcastle,burnley,,watford and leeds,would make sense to hang on.  personally cant see the appeal of living in london,  he might not fancy it either

Neither can I, stuff of nightmares but we`re not twentysomething footballers with great wads of disposable income.

Personally, a nice barn conversion in Epping Forest or up towards Saffron Walden would be nice! 

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Neither can I, stuff of nightmares but we`re not twentysomething footballers with great wads of disposable income.

Personally, a nice barn conversion in Epping Forest or up towards Saffron Walden would be nice! 

very true,i fully understand why he would go,if the fig top ckub offers are true bournemouth would surely have to offer him a better deal because as things stand,looks like they will need him next season in the prem. 

These things tend to be 15-20%.

Fee was £15m from what I was told.

If he does move and let’s say it’s 20%, then I can’t see Bournemouth selling for less than £25m, so £2m to us. £30m is £3m to us.

It would help cover some costs and I’m sure would allow us a bit more wiggle room.

@billywedlock beat me to it!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Interesting to see Kelly not in their squad tonight - can’t see them selling him for anything less than £30m, especially in Jan.

£3m would come in very handy - I’m sure SL would then give Nige a tad more to spend….?

Tbh, I think it’ll take more than that figure for Bournemouth to accept it.

16 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

It’s a centre forward ! 

Not a "good one", not at £3m ? . And I know I'm being harsh there. 
Judging by what we have seen so far, I would guess we will go potential, rather than proven. In which case £3m is a good sum. IMO we would be mad to go 30 year old again, I really believe we will look to have future value.

Bournemouth are in a better place than many financially , they could probably afford to take a risk holding onto him if he's though of as important . I doubt they need the money yet , so that in itself raises the fee. If rumours are true and more than one Prem side are keen, that does too. Even in a depressed market, it may take a lot to prise him away, and that can only be good for us. 

7 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Well I’m suggesting it is 3 m towards the 6/7 m .  Anyway , when a player wants to leave it matters little . Yes the cherries could keep him , but they also know if a big team calls then they just have to negotiate . That’s how it is . They are small fry in terms of top teams . But 30 m will get them talking you would think 

I think it depends on how professional the player is, and how much he wants to leave. Even if he wants to leave, if he's under contract they can keep him. He can force a move of course, but that never looks good for a player.  Of course, if a bigger team want the player they just bid more. It's the way of the World.

It come down to how much he's wanted, I imagine the Prem clubs finances have been hit a lot less than others, so can still bid and pay relative to pre COVID levels. Bournemouth may not be in that position, even with Parachute payments, so may have to deal.

It's going to be an interesting window, the fees could vary massively. The lucky ones with Prem interest may be able to get good fees, while a Championship move may be a lot lower than they have been. 

There may be some decent players that clubs want/need to offload, so there may be deals out there.

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Still have him now though plus mepham and cahill. Hope maybe that is enough to let them take the money. Probably someone out there they could take on loan too to cover the loss. ?

Is £20m profit now worth not getting £200m later?  I don’t know.

They can’t be under pressure to sell 18 months after relegation…in the summer might start to think about wage bill going forward.

If it happens, it happens.

Kelly has always come across as an intelligent lad and not one to be chasing the money. I really can't see him leaving Bournemouth who are likely to get promotion for Newcastle who stand a good chance of getting relegated. If he goes up with Bournemouth and plays well he will pick up another prem side in a year ( possibly Newcastle then)

• Like 1

On 29/12/2021 at 15:45, Littlesh*t said:

Kelly has always come across as an intelligent lad and not one to be chasing the money. I really can't see him leaving Bournemouth who are likely to get promotion for Newcastle who stand a good chance of getting relegated. If he goes up with Bournemouth and plays well he will pick up another prem side in a year ( possibly Newcastle then)

2 words for you = Shaun Goater!

Joking aside, if Newcastle double or even triple his wages with a long deal, you’d risk a season in the champ for what is a potentially exciting project.

You’ve always got to remember for the majority players you can’t always perfectly plan your career; injuries, loss of form etc, so that’s why most jump at the big moves when they come knocking because it might be the one chance you have for a really big pay day.

• Like 2