IGNORED

Vaccine Passport - Plan B

Bristol Rob

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sounds like it's only a few hours away from being introduced.

I know we had a thread on this at the start of the rollout of jabs and views were mixed, but seeing as it's being widely reported that it'll be announced today, what are the thoughts now?

Maybe move it to the politics forum.

I don't have a problem with the passports myself, but understand how some would.

• Like 3

Certainly going to make the logistics of it all more complicated.

Hope the club already have plans in place.

I won't be attending for other reasons but wouldn't have a problem with it. Just need to allow a bit more time for getting in and have your passport at hand.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sounds like it's only a few hours away from being introduced.

I know we had a thread on this at the start of the rollout of jabs and views were mixed, but seeing as it's being widely reported that it'll be announced today, what are the thoughts now?

Happy for it to come in as COVID numbers are ramping back up and anything to help the NHS is welcome IMHO.

Hoping City / Bears have plans in place for organising it and how the logistics will impact upon match days. Can see it being a mare tbh!  

• Like 6

Once again, the MODS of this forum being as in touch as the Tories.

Doesn't matter WHO introduces Plan B, but rather the impact on those who go to games and how they might decide not to bother, will get there earlier, will use or won't use public transport.

So I maintain football chat is still the right place for this!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Doesn't matter WHO introduces Plan B, but rather the impact on those who go to games and how they might decide not to bother, will get there earlier, will use or won't use public transport.

Agree.  Could have a good guess who’s done it as well.  Annoying that they do it tbh but it’s their ball I guess.  

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Given Omicron is predicted to be the predominant covid variant by Christmas/New Year, and as yet there is no evidence that the first two-dose vaccine has a significant impact against it, it feels like another ill-thought out policy. Most likely being introduced to distract us from other matters (can't think what...)

Someone just now on the radio said they appear to have confirmed that 2 jabs is not enough but the booster will be

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I agree with this, it’s a different topic to the general one

41 minutes ago, TomF said:

Go on because it wasn’t me if that’s what you’re suggesting 

Not suggesting that at all? Not sure why the passive aggressive answer?
At a guess it would be Phantom. He used to move anything COVID related back in the day from the main forum, even when I and many others thought it a very relative discussion to football.
As I said though it’s you and the other moderators ball and you can do what you want with it. 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 2

• Admin
Just now, lenred said:

Not suggesting that at all? Not sure why the passive aggressive answer?
At a guess it would be Phantom. He used to move anything COVID related back in the day,  even when I and many others thought it very relative discussion to football. As I said though it’s your guys ball and you can go what you want me with it! 

Yes it was me because as always the topic will go off on a tangent, as always these threads are already going off topic. 

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Given Omicron is predicted to be the predominant covid variant by Christmas/New Year, and as yet there is no evidence that the first two-dose vaccine has a significant impact against it, it feels like another ill-thought out policy. Most likely being introduced to distract us from other matters (can't think what...)

I saw earlier data showing there are 331 cases of known Omicron  in the EU, with no known hospitalisations as of yesterday. There are presumably an unknown number of further cases where someone is either asymptomatic, refused to be tested or has not been identified as having Omicron. 

It's way too early to say that means Omicron is milder, or that it won't cause hospitalisations in the future. However it also surely suggests the vaccines are doing something? Agree it is an ill-thought out policy but an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. The likelihood is vaccines have an impact. We just don't know how much yet. 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Only put it here as it's a football matter, not a political one.

Yeah, apologies, I hadn't appreciated that the vaccine passport was going to impact on outdoor events. I still stand by my stance that I don't have any problem with it myself. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

A negative LFT is all you need. So basically you can order a pack, scan the  QR code and say it’s negative.. 

(Not suggesting you are) but I struggle to understand why people would look for loop holes in this.

Setting up the NHS app to show your double vaccination takes a matter of minutes and is simple.

If you don't have a phone you can get a paper covid passport (I believe). Simple.

If you can't have the jabs for medical reasons then I'm sure there must be some excemptions in place (rightly).

If you're one of those that are anti vax or just couldn't be bothered to get vaccinated then **** em. No sympathy.

The only thing that is more of a concern or unknown to me is how the club is going to be set up ready to check EVERYONE and whether staff actually will.

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 13