IGNORED

Vaccine Passport - Plan B

Bristol Rob

• Admin
Just now, Mr Chappers said:

At the moment, it’s the usual lack of clarity, masks at a theatre, but not at a concert, and the sport rules to date are totally confusing and illogical. 

Unseated indoor venues over 500

Unseated outdoor venues over 4000

Any capacity over 10,000

All following same guidelines 

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, TBW said:

Can't imagine the stewards checking 16,000+ people. Will end up spot-checking I should imagine.

It will be checks off app or paper copy I would imagine

Wouldn't be surprised to see timed entries brought back in

Let's be honest actual people in the stadium have been nowhere near 16k for a long time 

26 minutes ago, TomF said:

A negative LFT is all you need. So basically you can order a pack, scan the  QR code and say it’s negative.. 

Missed the bulk of the press conference, this confirmed is it? The negative LFT bit.

If vaccine or bust I'm not a fan, but negative LFT or Vaccine Passport, seems fairer.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

• Admin
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Missed the bulk of the press conference, this confirmed is it? The negative LFT bit.

Think it's an overreaction anyway, last I read zero deaths from the deadly Omicron.

I agree, personally it's the speed it's spreading that is the concern just incase it does cause fatalities further down the line 

• Like 2

BRISTOL ROVERS FC STATEMENT:

We are delighted that the new "Plan B" restrictions won't apply to us, because we have no hope in hell of attracting 10,000 to The Swap. 

We'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & welcome you all to "Santa's Grotto" - please note that a tetanus jab is advised if visiting & BRFC accept no liability for any other diseases contracted whilst on the premesis, HOWEVER; don't panic if you have lost the  sense of taste. 

This will have been evident long before Covid & is symptomatic in all Bristol Rovers fans. 

END.

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

It will be checks off app or paper copy I would imagine

Wouldn't be surprised to see timed entries brought back in

Let's be honest actual people in the stadium have been nowhere near 16k for a long time 

I went to Cardiff recently, to a theatre (to see comedian Joel Dommett) and we had to show the vaccine passports on our phones, paper copies were not acceptable. The door person had to look at our phone and wait until she saw movement on the screen, the bar on the app sort of faded in waves. It was pretty hard to see to be fair. This was to prove we hadn’t took a screen shot from somewhere. I can see this getting messy.

• Like 3

So we have a wee bit of time before our next home game, and the Bears have had their game cancelled this weekend (because or Covid), so it isn't as if there is a Bears game as a test event we can learn from.

With security checks because of the increased terror threat and now vaccine passports, I'm hoping that the club are able to issue clear guidance as to how they'll manage this as efficiently as possible.

Will stewards have their vaccine status checked?

Will the look at staggering arrival times by stands so they can get as many people in the stadium as quickly as possible?

What will the guidance be for using the concourse?

And will the club suggest to the powers that be, that these new guidelines might be an appropriate moment to relax the 'drinking within sight of the pitch' rule. They could close the bars during the game, but it would keep people outside.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So we have a wee bit of time before our next home game, and the Bears have had their game cancelled this weekend (because or Covid), so it isn't as if there is a Bears game as a test event we can learn from.

With security checks because of the increased terror threat and now vaccine passports, I'm hoping that the club are able to issue clear guidance as to how they'll manage this as efficiently as possible.

Will stewards have their vaccine status checked?

Will the look at staggering arrival times by stands so they can get as many people in the stadium as quickly as possible?

What will the guidance be for using the concourse?

And will the club suggest to the powers that be, that these new guidelines might be an appropriate moment to relax the 'drinking within sight of the pitch' rule. They could close the bars during the game, but it would keep people outside.

I'm sure all will be revealed in time, I expect the club had no prior knowledge of the breakdown before 6pm this evening either 

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Unseated indoor venues over 500

Unseated outdoor venues over 4000

Any capacity over 10,000

All following same guidelines 

I know they had to give some guidance, but some venues that have a capacity of 300 can feel completely overcrowded so it doesn't really work by limiting it in that way. If I've understood it. 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I went to Cardiff recently, to a theatre (to see comedian Joel Dommett) and we had to show the vaccine passports on our phones, paper copies were not acceptable. The door person had to look at our phone and wait until she saw movement on the screen, the bar on the app sort of faded in waves. It was pretty hard to see to be fair. This was to prove we hadn’t took a screen shot from somewhere. I can see this getting messy.

I had the same when I went to Ally Pally in October, there wasn't more than a couple of thousand people there though. They just had loads of barriers up, and a queuing system.

• Like 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Just downloaded the NHS app . It takes five days for your vaccination record to pull through it seems ! Probably add a few more days to that with 10 million sports fans all downloading it !! 

Mine have always appeared the following day for all three of mine 

Just now, Rebounder said:

I know they had to give some guidance, but some venues that have a capacity of 300 can feel completely overcrowded so it doesn't really work by limiting it in that way. If I've understood it. 

I guess it is down to the ratio in a venue? 

Agree we could be in a room of 10 people and catch it but be in a club of 350 and be fine 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Just downloaded the NHS app . It takes five days for your vaccination record to pull through it seems ! Probably add a few more days to that with 10 million sports fans all downloading it !! 

I'm stuffed anyway as my Covid passport was withdrawn for 28 days (?) after a positive PCR.

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20211208-184643_Samsung Internet.jpg

Can only assume that venues WITH A CAPACITY OF 10k would be the measure as you can’t predict whether 9,999 or 10,001 will turn up unless pay on the day is scrapped throughout football !  On that basis I guess clubs like Wrexham , Notts County and Grimsby in the National league will require passports whereas many League 1 clubs and maybe even Luton in the championship may not ! 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Please keep political discussions for here 

It’s not even about politics anymore…

sorry they take the piss outta us what are we even meant to do..

Here’s a question, so if fans can’t come in without the vaccine passport, what about players playing without the vaccine passport?

• Hmmm 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Here’s a question, so if fans can’t come in without the vaccine passport, what about players playing without the vaccine passport?

Good question that! I would hazard a guess at LFT's being the answer for them.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

• Admin
4 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Can only assume this falls under the number of people who they would come into contact with, so would not be an issue 

• Like 1