IGNORED

Vaccine Passport - Plan B

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

I refuse to support the club in person or with my family once vaccine passports are introduced. I have been a season ticket holder on and off for 40 years…. 
I will happily join any protest outside Ashton Gate …

JJ

Why would you protest against the club. It’s a government introduced regulation that the club must abide by. 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 15

3 minutes ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

I refuse to support the club in person or with my family once vaccine passports are introduced. I have been a season ticket holder on and off for 40 years…. 

JJ

What do you suggest as an alternative JJ? It's not the club's decision after all.

Edited by Ska Junkie

2 minutes ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

JJ

Would you not be better off protesting in a place where your voice and position on the passport can be heard, it isn't the club who have introduced it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest how does this apply when you can't retest for 90 days? 

I haven’t seen anything mentioned about this instruction not to test for 90 days in any rules (including travel), but T & T were very keen to get this message over.

5 minutes ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

JJ

Get a grip. There won't be any protest.

12 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

It’s not even about politics anymore…

sorry they take the piss outta us what are we even meant to do..

Here’s a question, so if fans can’t come in without the vaccine passport, what about players playing without the vaccine passport?

It's the players place of work, so technically not a 'venue' for them.

22 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm stuffed anyway as my Covid passport was withdrawn for 28 days (?) after a positive PCR.

I can't get the NHS app to work like it was, can't see my passport, think so many people trying to look or they have updated it. I can see this below, if this helps

Natural immunity

If you've previously tested positive for COVID-19 using a PCR test, and it's been at least 10 days since your positive result, you are eligible for an NHS COVID Pass for up to 180 days from the test date.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Oh no as someone who takes immunosuppressants and is at the highest risk I agree -  my daughter had covid last week and thanks to the vaccine it bounced off me.  This time last year I’d have not been so lucky I feel. The booster has certainly helped. I guess I’m just thinking out loud what the anti vac/passport crowd will be thinking anyway.  Either you have a robust passport system or you don’t. Not something half baked like this. 

This is possibly one of the most frustrating things for me. People's ignorance not to consider others. Some may not care about their own health and be happy to take the risk (or think there isn't a risk at all), but it's their ignorance that could impact those around them. Especially with so many packed in to the Gate, some of which will be very vulnerable. 

I hope the club gets this right.

• Like 4

• Admin
9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I can't get the NHS app to work like it was, can't see my passport, think so many people trying to look or they have updated it. 

Reportedly crashed due to the sudden influx in people suddenly accessing it at the same time. 

I noticed that the app changed a few weeks ago between when I went on holiday to when I went to the show in London 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That’s what they’ve been doing up in Scotland. No way would stewards have time to check every person individually. 

The theatre that my Dad volunteers at introduced it off their own back about a month ago. Their policy is to spot check 1 in every 20 guests (capacity is 800ish), and people who are selected and unable to show proof are able to take a LFT at the venue to gain admission.

Whether they increase it after tonight's announcement remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

(Not suggesting you are) but I struggle to understand why people would look for loop holes in this.

Setting up the NHS app to show your double vaccination takes a matter of minutes and is simple.

If you don't have a phone you can get a paper covid passport (I believe). Simple.

If you can't have the jabs for medical reasons then I'm sure there must be some excemptions in place (rightly).

If you're one of those that are anti vax or just couldn't be bothered to get vaccinated then **** em. No sympathy.

The only thing that is more of a concern or unknown to me is how the club is going to be set up ready to check EVERYONE and whether staff actually will.

So they will check all 17,000 people can't see that happening it will be random so to me its all bloody pointless.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

Reportedly crashed due to the sudden influx in people suddenly accessing it at the same time. 

I noticed that the app changed a few weeks ago between when I went on holiday to when I went to the show in London 

Could this happen at a match then when potentially 10-15000 people all trying to access their apps at the same time along with the same situation at 40 other grounds?

• Like 3

I've only needed proof once. Gardeners World (don't ask) at the NEC, they accepted proof of Jab. I had my card they gave me when I had the 2nd one and they seemed happy. Do the new rules mean you have to have the App on your phone then? I couldn't get it to work originally and had to print it out. 
It's going to be interesting, and slow.

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What isn't clear, is if it's venue capacity, or tickets sold.

I read it as being the numbers in attendance rather than the capacity. But if it’s capacity then I’ll watch some local non league instead. 

24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

So punishing City for something they have no control over?

Not punishing City at all. It’s not their fault. I’ve paid for my season ticket and won’t be asking for any refund. 
But I always said from the very start of all this that I’m against this kind of thing and I won’t attend anywhere that requires people to show evidence of vaccine status. 
Just to be absolutely clear - I would be able to gain access if I wanted to. But it’s against everything in my moral fibre and I will choose not to attend. I’m not taking part in this governments bullcrap dictats. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

JJ

Strange, very very strange!

• Like 2

• SC&T Board Members
29 minutes ago, Street red said:

So they will check all 17,000 people can't see that happening it will be random so to me its all bloody pointless.

I was at a game in Germany a few weeks ago with a 17,500 crowd. Everyone's Covid status and ID carefully checked before entering. Worked fine and it took no longer to enter the ground than normal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blagdon red said:

I was at a game in Germany a few weeks ago with a 17,500 crowd. Everyone's Covid status and ID carefully checked before entering. Worked fine and it took no longer to enter the ground than normal.

Yes but we are English we all know Germans do it better and we love to queue.. Won't be for me I'm afraid, It's a drag going to footie as it is at the minute and now this.

5 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

So as long as our checks can match German efficiency then there should be no problems. What could possibly go wrong ?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

There’s a key point here….!