IGNORED

Vaccine Passport - Plan B

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

What will the guidance be for using the concourse?

And will the club suggest to the powers that be, that these new guidelines might be an appropriate moment to relax the 'drinking within sight of the pitch' rule. They could close the bars during the game, but it would keep people outside.

Sounds good to me, but that would mean using common sense!

Edited by jaydee=inspiration

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sounds like it's only a few hours away from being introduced.

I know we had a thread on this at the start of the rollout of jabs and views were mixed, but seeing as it's being widely reported that it'll be announced today, what are the thoughts now?

Well here in Alberta Canada, you are basically hamstrung to do anything but food shopping if you haven't been double jabbed, you then get a QR code issued that is then used to be scanned for entry in to any public business. I'm about to lose my job as it's 1500km away from home and I have to fly there, but as I'm not jabbed I can't use the planes. I remember Gulf War syndrome and the effects that "vaccine" had, so sorry not sorry I'm opting out until I feel there's enough evidence that it will benefit me

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Could this happen at a match then when potentially 10-15000 people all trying to access their apps at the same time along with the same situation at 40 other grounds?

it is possible to download it, print it out, or on iPhone add it to your apple wallet

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I've only needed proof once. Gardeners World (don't ask) at the NEC, they accepted proof of Jab. I had my card they gave me when I had the 2nd one and they seemed happy. Do the new rules mean you have to have the App on your phone then? I couldn't get it to work originally and had to print it out. 
It's going to be interesting, and slow.

I would imagine there has to be an alternative, they have said previously that not everyone has smartphones. I think when I was looking at gaining access to the theatre in Cardiff they stated no to paper copies as I have already mentioned and also no to the proof of jab cards.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Well here in Alberta Canada, you are basically hamstrung to do anything but food shopping if you haven't been double jabbed, you then get a QR code issued that is then used to be scanned for entry in to any public business. I'm about to lose my job as it's 1500km away from home and I have to fly there, but as I'm not jabbed I can't use the planes. I remember Gulf War syndrome and the effects that "vaccine" had, so sorry not sorry I'm opting out until I feel there's enough evidence that it will benefit me

Being additionally protected from a disease which has cause a global pandemic lasting almost 2 years now with millions dead, and not losing your job into the bargain isn't enough benefit then presumably...?

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I would imagine there has to be an alternative, they have said previously that not everyone has smartphones. I think when I was looking at gaining access to the theatre in Cardiff they stated no to paper copies as I have already mentioned and also no to the proof of jab cards.

You can download and print your pass, and also ask for a letter to be sent to you in the post - see here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

I'd expect they'd have to accept them.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Being additionally protected from a disease which has cause a global pandemic lasting almost 2 years now with millions dead, and not losing your job into the bargain isn't enough benefit then presumably...?

Nope, a disease with the huge survival rate it has won't make me take something I don't want in my body, I take my chances the same with every other disease out there, something will kill me one day, don't care what it is

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I’m against vaccine passports. 
I won’t be attending. 
Will take my custom to Forest Green or Cheltenham instead whilst this idiocy reigns. 

Fair play to you Harry you are a man of moral fibre

To me the restrictions are bearable. Having worked all the way through in a supermarket  where a lot of people who come in who well, couldn't give a shit for anyone else seems new measures are ok to me.

Compared to the rest of Europe and indeed the USA we are at the moment getting off  lightly .

Now if this new variant turns out to be as mild as some think then hell we should open right up again.

Untill then Harry enjoy your trips to Nailsworth.

1 minute ago, TomF said:

If you’d do it through the NHS app (NOT the nhs covid app) it’s about 4-5 weeks and then you can always renew it.  I have mine saved to my Apple wallet so double click like I do for Apple Pay and the pass is there to show/scan

Ok thanks mate

8 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Nope, a disease with the huge survival rate it has won't make me take something I don't want in my body, I take my chances the same with every other disease out there, something will kill me one day, don't care what it is

Lots of diseases we're vaccinated against have high survival rates. It also isn't just about that as I'm sure you know - it's about transmission and the healthcare burden.

I guess your last sentence is where we differ. I'd rather not die before my time due to something preventable if I can at all help it!

I'm in my mid 30s and want to see us in the prem ffs..!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I saw earlier data showing there are 331 cases of known Omicron  in the EU, with no known hospitalisations as of yesterday. There are presumably an unknown number of further cases where someone is either asymptomatic, refused to be tested or has not been identified as having Omicron. 

It's way too early to say that means Omicron is milder, or that it won't cause hospitalisations in the future. However it also surely suggests the vaccines are doing something? Agree it is an ill-thought out policy but an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. The likelihood is vaccines have an impact. We just don't know how much yet. 

Not sure where you saw that info, but I’m sure they said in the briefing that there’s well over 500 cases in the UK alone now.  Said the rates in South Africa are doubling every two to three days.  Don’t now what their vaccination rates are for a comparison, but we could see the numbers here climbing very quickly.

Let’s just hope the rumours are right that this one isn’t as serious as Delta, otherwise we could potentially find ourselves without football again.

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Not sure where you saw that info, but I’m sure they said in the briefing that there’s well over 500 cases in the UK alone now.  Said the rates in South Africa are doubling every two to three days.  Don’t now what their vaccination rates are for a comparison, but we could see the numbers here climbing very quickly.

Let’s just hope the rumours are right that this one isn’t as serious as Delta, otherwise we could potentially find ourselves without football again.

From the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/epidemiological-update-omicron-data-8-december

Don't forget the UK isn't in the EU. It's just that I've not seen any data on severity in the UK whereas this shows that - where any data is available - all cases are asymptomatic or mild. Obviously it's a small sample and the number of severe cases will be higher as cases rise BUT 337 mild or asymptomatic cases from the first 337 is going some and - if the data holds and it turns out less than one in 337 cases are serious - that would have to mean either the vaccines are holding up or something else is going right.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Lots of diseases we're vaccinated against have high survival rates. It also isn't just about that as I'm sure you know - it's about transmission and the healthcare burden.

I guess your last sentence is where we differ. I'd rather not die before my time due to something preventable if I can at all help it!

I'm in my mid 30s and want to see us in the prem ffs..!

Well I'm 60, I wear a mask when outside the house I do my thing to protect other people, I don't go anywhere apart from food shop where I go in the quiet hours and use self checkout, have had cancer , brain aneurysm, many multiple fractures- major ones, so I see life a little differently I guess but agree whole heartedly about seeing City in the Premier league, I did see the old First Division days but most of my memory has been wiped after my stroke :laugh:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I ******* hate Johnson. This is football chat right?

Yes. It is football chat. 
It’s a decision taken by the government that determines your right to watch Bristol City play football without being subject to authoritarian control

• Like 1