IGNORED

Vaccine Passport - Plan B

Bristol Rob

11 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Well I'm 60, I wear a mask when outside the house I do my thing to protect other people, I don't go anywhere apart from food shop where I go in the quiet hours and use self checkout, have had cancer , brain aneurysm, many multiple fractures- major ones, so I see life a little differently I guess but agree whole heartedly about seeing City in the Premier league, I did see the old First Division days but most of my memory has been wiped after my stroke :laugh:

Fair play mate you haven't been dealt the best hand.

Hopefully we might see the City in the top flight again before we pass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenred said:

Why would you protest against the club. It’s a government introduced regulation that the club must abide by. 

Why do they need to abide ? 
If people stop attending the games then  the club will have a major issue as would any club.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes. It is football chat. 
It’s a decision taken by the government that determines your right to watch Bristol City play football without being subject to authoritarian control

The Government are making it difficult to watch Bristol City, currently. Fair enough. But Bristol City have been making it difficult to watch Bristol City recently/for decades now, and no doubt for months/decades to come. To be fair.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s a decision taken by the government that determines your right to watch Bristol City play football without being subject to authoritarian control

Yeah. Referees at the Gate ruin perfectly bad games. Get rid.

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

From the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/epidemiological-update-omicron-data-8-december

Don't forget the UK isn't in the EU. It's just that I've not seen any data on severity in the UK whereas this shows that - where any data is available - all cases are asymptomatic or mild. Obviously it's a small sample and the number of severe cases will be higher as cases rise BUT 337 mild or asymptomatic cases from the first 337 is going some and - if the data holds and it turns out less than one in 337 cases are serious - that would have to mean either the vaccines are holding up or something else is going right.

Ahh fair enough.  

It’s sounding promising, though its early days and it supposedly takes two or three weeks from infection before the hospitalisations start.

Let’s just hope this is a sign that it’s turning into something milder that we can just live with, but there could be plenty more twists and turns yet.

Just hope we don’t get the same shit every year, with yet another new strain appearing.

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

It was a joke based around the confusion about which Johnson I was referring to!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Well I'm 60, I wear a mask when outside the house I do my thing to protect other people, I don't go anywhere apart from food shop where I go in the quiet hours and use self checkout, have had cancer , brain aneurysm, many multiple fractures- major ones, so I see life a little differently I guess but agree whole heartedly about seeing City in the Premier league, I did see the old First Division days but most of my memory has been wiped after my stroke :laugh:

Best wishes to you Med.

43 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Compared to the rest of Europe and indeed the USA we are at the moment getting off  lightly .

It’s the start, surely people can see this ? This is how it started in the rest of Europe and now  “they aren’t getting off that lightly”.  To be fair to Boris, he resisted for a long time but now there is something on him he’s quickly brought this in with the knowledge that although this variant is in at least 30 countries, nobody is yet to die of it.  Shame the scientists skipped that point earlier.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Well here in Alberta Canada, you are basically hamstrung to do anything but food shopping if you haven't been double jabbed, you then get a QR code issued that is then used to be scanned for entry in to any public business. I'm about to lose my job as it's 1500km away from home and I have to fly there, but as I'm not jabbed I can't use the planes. I remember Gulf War syndrome and the effects that "vaccine" had, so sorry not sorry I'm opting out until I feel there's enough evidence that it will benefit me

In a supposedly stand-up liberal democracy too!! 
I’m stunned that people think this sort of thing is ok. 

• Like 6

I have held back getting a ST this year as I thought this season could be very disruptive.

Also I was about to buy a half season ticket but have again held off.

Instead if you can find a good IPTV supplier you can watch every game from home for a very small fee.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm stuffed anyway as my Covid passport was withdrawn for 28 days (?) after a positive PCR.

Are you suggesting if your double jabbed and catch covid, you can’t go anywhere that requires a vaccine passport for 28 days? Not heard that before

Just now, MarcusX said:

Are you suggesting if your double jabbed and catch covid, you can’t go anywhere that requires a vaccine passport for 28 days? Not heard that before

I'm treble jabbed and caught it Marcus. I was informed my passport was 'suspended' for 28 days from initial symptoms, 28 days is next Tuesday so it's no big deal, for me anyway.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I’m against vaccine passports. 
I won’t be attending. 
Will take my custom to Forest Green or Cheltenham instead whilst this idiocy reigns. 

Out of interest why? It’s not the club imposing it - so you aren’t getting any message across to the people imposing the rule, it’s just the club and arguably you suffering (though given our form maybe you’re suffering more if you attend!)

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm treble jabbed and caught it Marcus. I was informed my passport was 'suspended' for 28 days from initial symptoms, 28 days is next Tuesday so it's no big deal, for me anyway.

Fair enough, never heard of that certainly not 28 days. 

3 hours ago, marmite said:

Could this happen at a match then when potentially 10-15000 people all trying to access their apps at the same time along with the same situation at 40 other grounds?

You can download it so that’s available offline, so no it shouldn’t if you’re proactive however I believe this happened a few weeks ago to people who arrived at airports etc while the app was down

1 hour ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Very best wishes to you mate ... ?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Out of interest why? It’s not the club imposing it - so you aren’t getting any message across to the people imposing the rule, it’s just the club and arguably you suffering (though given our form maybe you’re suffering more if you attend!)

I answered this earlier. 
Nothing against the club. They have to obey the rules. I’ve paid for my season ticket so they won’t be losing any money from me and I won’t be asking for a refund.  
I simply do not agree with the measure. Never have and never will. I’m shocked that so many people think it’s ok and will accept it as the ‘norm’. 

I know this is football chat, so I don’t want to stray too much into the ‘politics’ of it, but I’d like to make it clear that I am not against the vaccine, I am happy that many vulnerable people have been able to be afforded an element of protection (you’ll know from when I used to post on the politics forum that I was very ‘pro-Covid measures’ until the mission creep to start jabbing children came filtering through). But I am vehemently against a vaccine mandate. Yes, the vaccine does offer some protection for the person who has received it, but many people have been indoctrinated and fail to believe that having had a vaccine does not prevent you from getting covid nor prevent you from passing it on. You can still get it and you can still give it. There is no evidence that vaccines passports actually work. So anyone that has been staying away who will now attend again because they think they are now safe - well, they are very wrong. Their safety at AG with a vaccine passport is pretty much the same as their safety would be without one. 
It’s unnecessary, authoritarian, won’t make any difference, and quite frankly is just a coercive attempt to get more people ‘boosted’ as quickly as possible to line more pockets of people who don’t actually give a flying **** about the health of the population and never have. 

That’s not something I want to be a part of, and so, for as long as this applies, I won’t be there. Same goes for anywhere that requires such a ‘pass’. If that means I ‘miss out’ on stuff, so be it. My soul will remain pure, knowing that I didn’t take part in the facilitation of this utter bollox. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I read it as being the numbers in attendance rather than the capacity. But if it’s capacity then I’ll watch some local non league instead. 

Not punishing City at all. It’s not their fault. I’ve paid for my season ticket and won’t be asking for any refund. 
But I always said from the very start of all this that I’m against this kind of thing and I won’t attend anywhere that requires people to show evidence of vaccine status. 
Just to be absolutely clear - I would be able to gain access if I wanted to. But it’s against everything in my moral fibre and I will choose not to attend. I’m not taking part in this governments bullcrap dictats. 

You wouldn’t be attending somewhere that requires you to gain entry with evidence of vaccine status. You can show a negative lateral flow. 

4 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

You wouldn’t be attending somewhere that requires you to gain entry with evidence of vaccine status. You can show a negative lateral flow. 

Recommend stocking up on lateral flow tests from local library or from local pharmacies via NHS app

17 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Probably didn’t make myself clear. 
I don’t want to engage in the facilitation of this bollox in any way. 
I’m amazed people think it’s ok. 

• Like 1