IGNORED

The most hacked down player in the Champ is….?

Davefevs

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Do you think he tends to go down a tad easy sometimes though? Often seems to be fishing for the foul. Not necessarily bad, and if it wins us a nice FK then all good, but he needs to be careful re getting a rep with refs for it.

Not for me . I would say he’s obviously not fully developed as a man physically. So IMO he is lightweight in that department. But also a very intelligent footballer for his age. One foul he didn’t get IMO was that penalty against Forest 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

One foul he didn’t get IMO was that penalty against Forest 

Yep, I was 15ft away from that in row 2 of the SS. Clear pen, bloke stepped right on his foot. 

It's more when he's in that 30 yard area and someone comes in behind him, I have thought he sometimes is just looking for a foul rather than a pass or shot, and that too many of his possessions end with him on the deck and play resetting. Could well be my eyes deceiving me, but Fevs' chart does show he's getting an awful lot of fouls, and many more than some far more dangerous players in the division are getting. Surely if defenders were fouling based on threat you'd see Brereton Diaz, Mitrovic, Gyokeres etc being brought down as often as Scott?

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

He has got a little bit of Grealish about him. And I mean that as a compliment!

Yeh I can see this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I guessed right! He's a foul magnet.

Someone help me find Massengo, got to be on there surely?

According to this site https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/misc/Championship-Stats#all_stats_misc (note it isn't wyscout which is where the data used by the chart that @Davefevs has posted comes from) Scott has suffered 28 fouls on him, and HNM has 29. Scott has just 9.3 '90s' to his name, which is why when you adjust total fouls into fouls/90 he rates very highly, despite being only 32nd in the league for total fouls. 28/9.3 is 3.01, as the chart roughly agrees.

HNM has 11.7 '90s'. HNM would therefore have 29/11.7 = 2.48 fouls/90, so he should be one of the dots near that line of the x-axis. Now they are all named (in fact everyone above about 1.6 fouls/90 is named), so presumably HNM must have too few dribbles/90 to register on the y-axis. Seems odd as he must have a few, and he has comfortably more than the 700 minutes that wyscout have used as a qualifier. Good spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

According to this site https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/misc/Championship-Stats#all_stats_misc (note it isn't wyscout which is where the data used by the chart that @Davefevs has posted comes from) Scott has suffered 28 fouls on him, and HNM has 29. Scott has just 9.3 '90s' to his name, which is why when you adjust total fouls into fouls/90 he rates very highly, despite being only 32nd in the league for total fouls. 28/9.3 is 3.01, as the chart roughly agrees.

HNM has 11.7 '90s'. HNM would therefore have 29/11.7 = 2.48 fouls/90, so he should be one of the dots near that line of the x-axis. Now they are all named (in fact everyone above about 1.6 fouls/90 is named), so presumably HNM must have too few dribbles/90 to register on the y-axis. Seems odd as he must have a few, and he has comfortably more than the 700 minutes that wyscout have used as a qualifier. Good spot.

Above and beyond reply, cheers.

Massengo's ability to put himself between ball and man, then draw the foul/get fouled stands out so much i had to mention him.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

How much do people reckon he is worth ?

If he left in the January window then something around £500,000 I'd guess. It's all potential right now, and whilst he's good, I don't think he's in that truly exceptional bracket that sees teenagers with fewer than 1,000 minutes of pro football go for millions. Happy to hear other offers though!

Just now, Gazred said:

Above and beyond reply, cheers.

Massengo's ability to put himself between ball and man, then draw the foul/get fouled stands out so much i had to mention him.

Would be interested to hear if @Davefevs can shed some light on his omission by wyscout. Presumably their data is different and rates his numbers so low that he is one of those unnamed blobs in the lower left of the graph.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Would be interested to hear if @Davefevs can shed some light on his omission by wyscout. Presumably their data is different and rates his numbers so low that he is one of those unnamed blobs in the lower left of the graph.

Indeed. You'd struggle to belive he's not at least 1 dribble, 2 fouls per 90 and he's certainly got the mins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

If he left in the January window then something around £500,000 I'd guess. It's all potential right now, and whilst he's good, I don't think he's in that truly exceptional bracket that sees teenagers with fewer than 1,000 minutes of pro football go for millions. Happy to hear other offers though!

No chance of us selling him for £500,000 in January,he could have a season and a half of average  performances and we would still get that and more 

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

801DC39E-F1E2-4351-8AA0-DEE5C8DEC17F.thumb.jpeg.2b164a15e7fc926f30ebbcc82782d889.jpeg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If in a year or two if Alex Scott is playing so well that top clubs bid huge amounts for him then we will sell.

Same with Massengo or anyone else.

It would be nice if those 'top clubs' were Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea rather than Bournemouth, Brighton or Burnley.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Cheers. There you go @Gazred, wyscout have just been more selective than they care to admit when labelling their dots. Outrageous to omit HNM's name ?

Not Wyscout, but whatever software Luton_Analytics used to create the dashboard.  You can overlap the labels in Tableau, but it looks a mess.

• Like 1