IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

13 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Why should we 'have enough'?

Simple, because we have a stronger team, and current form doesn't change it. I know that Championship is a hard league, but not all opponents are at the same level.

Anyway...we were losing, so the point is not bad at all, and the fact that only Peterborough won makes it even more acceptable.

That being said, the next fixtures will probably be harder, so we'll need better performances. COYR!

Edited by Dan Robin
2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I am so sick of the idiotic negativity . When our financial results are revealed you need to grow up and get real . We are on a journey. A tough one . But some just spout uninformed nonsense . We are far from a finished squad , miles off . But there is some great work being done . We are going to get stronger and better . We are getting better . Credit to the boys today . That was more like it . Well done . 

Very true Paul. Terrific character from the team today and a well-deserved point. 

• Like 1
Just now, Henry said:

It was interesting that we chose to celebrate the goal and waste time, rather than grab the ball to go again. James was struggling at the end so it made sense to waste time.

I think we are starting to see an improvement on how to manage the games out.

I’m happy with settling for the point. We would leave gaps going all at it for a 3rd and risk conceding with a dodge defence. Home form improving also. Positive signs

16 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I am so sick of the idiotic negativity . When our financial results are revealed you need to grow up and get real . We are on a journey. A tough one . But some just spout uninformed nonsense . We are far from a finished squad , miles off . But there is some great work being done . We are going to get stronger and better . We are getting better . Credit to the boys today . That was more like it . Well done . 

Yeah, too right, Compare and contrast against the last away performance.

• Like 2

Funny game, controlled good portions of the game from 15 mins onwards, but looked a bit nervy in our own third, and their goal for 2-1 was poor.

But we stuck at it and got the equaliser....a fine left foot half-volley from James.  Think we deserved nothing less than a point...and any point is a good point imho.

Semenyo - we must persist with him down the middle, he gives us something completely different there.  He will need to improve his link up play, but that will come...but it is ability to drift into positions with the ball and without that makes him a threat.  Most of our best attacking incidents in the game involved him.

Eaves - can't believe he didn't get a second yellow for a late one on Kalas (?).  We tried to play-on...we should've made the ref stop the play, surrounded him and forced the issue.

Massengo - a bit lucky too not to get a second yellow.

Sums up the ref....Gavin Ward sits proudly at the bottom of my Refs' League.

• Like 1

Well deserved point and delighted to see us getting a point from a late goal rather than the other way around. 
Don’t know how many traveling fans made that 450+ mile round trip but they made some noise and deserve massive praise for their support today, well done one and all. The journey home will feel much better thanks to Matty James and a decent team performance.

• Like 7