IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

Just now, 22A said:

On page five of their thread some feel a draw was a good point and a fair result. However on page six; 

https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-bristol-city.397587/page-6 

I honestly don't see where the love for Pearson comes from on here. The man's an utter **** who's very lucky to be in a job at all. He can **** off to **** off land. 
The **** him 

Not keen on our Nigel methinks.

Good point, could have been three.

Not sure about Weimann in that position, especially with Massengo, both were chasing the ball early on leaving big gaps for Hull to run into. Bakinson would have been a better option imho.

Hopefully, the goal will give Semenyo some confidence, his decision making is still atrocious.

Vyner is out of form and confidence, showing the goal scorer inside on his right foot - very basic stuff. He needs to get his game back, quickly.

James made a difference, hope he's ok as he was limping at the end.

As said, good point.

• Hmmm 1
37 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I am so sick of the idiotic negativity . When our financial results are revealed you need to grow up and get real . We are on a journey. A tough one . But some just spout uninformed nonsense . We are far from a finished squad , miles off . But there is some great work being done . We are going to get stronger and better . We are getting better . Credit to the boys today . That was more like it . Well done . 

Well said @billywedlock we have as settled a side that we've had for a couple of years, to begin playing as a team. Working hard for each other and with a spirit that has been missing. Well done the "Whole Team". I am encouraged by this and with a bit more confidence in all the squad, we can be looking upward with confidence instead of looking over our shoulders.

• Like 3

Went for a stroppy fast paced walk towards the end with us 2-1 down, keeping an eye on the score then giving up.

At 16.53 I get a text from my 18 y\o daughter who was up there saying “Fell down stairs limbs”

Thought it might be just a delayed message from the first equaliser, so was delighted when I checked the result. She gave me a quick call to say their fans were very loud when they scored “But we silenced them at the end Dad!” ?

• Like 8
  • Robin 3
26 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Listening to Nige on RB he sounded as unimpressed as some posters on here. Saying he can't understand players turning down chances to shoot, especially in the first half. Certainly sounds in tune with a lot of comments from the fanbase. I still think he is the man to sort us out. 

His BCTV interview seemed to be 4 mins of still being stunned about Semenyo not putting his laces through it in the first half, without actually saying it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Actually thought we played okay. Semenyo is going to be some player if he can stay fit.

I thought Tanner was impressive too when he came on. One of our more reliable players imo.

Funny game, periods where we controlled it, managed to play 5-6 passes to progress into their half.  Zak for all his criticism on here played a good few low passes into the front players because we had established territory.

One of the reasons I want to see Semenyo central (but allowed to drift) is because you can get him on the ball more.  If you stick him wide you cut down the opportunity to get him in the game.  Don’t get me wrong I don’t see him as that elusive 20-goal striker, but I honestly feel he’d get enough and he brings a randomness to our play (in a good way).

Tanner did fine today.  Think he needs to consider going on the outside at times, even knock it 20 yards and get after it.  Think opposition can force him back or inside too easily!

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Funny game, periods where we controlled it, managed to play 5-6 passes to progress into their half.  Zak for all his criticism on here played a good few low passes into the front players because we had established territory.

One of the reasons I want to see Semenyo central (but allowed to drift) is because you can get him on the ball more.  If you stick him wide you cut down the opportunity to get him in the game.  Don’t get me wrong I don’t see him as that elusive 20-goal striker, but I honestly feel he’d get enough and he brings a randomness to our play (in a good way).

Not so sure on that point. I have banged on in the past that his rise to prominence was when on loan at Newport and he had all the pundits drooling when he played against Leicester and Boro.  In those games he would get the ball deep and wide, and have more time to get ‘motoring’. He was walking past defenders like they were statutes. I saw those games on the box and never really seen him reach those heights with us ‘yet’. When played further forward not enough time to get the ball, under control and get going. 
It made me smile mind when I was having this conversation with a guy at the Derby game, and he agreed with me but added the player he turned inside out was none other than Danny Simpson… have not checked but suspect true ?

A funny game today, never side where very good, but we did have more chances even if our strikers seamed to be doing all they could not to shoot, 

We where the better side in the second half and was a surprise when hull hit us with the quick break , but was good to see us keep fighting till the end this time, 

We where not great but we had very good team spirit today and keeped going till the end , there is definitely some belief in the side now 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Not so sure on that point. I have banged on in the past that his rise to prominence was when on loan at Newport and he had all the pundits drooling when he played against Leicester and Boro.  In those games he would get the ball deep and wide, and have more time to get ‘motoring’. He was walking past defenders like they were statutes.

yep, Newport played a 4231, Semenyo and Willmott either side of Amond (in the 3)…with Matt as the striker.  He looked good.

I saw those games on the box and never really seen him reach those heights with us ‘yet’. When played further forward not enough time to get the ball, under control and get going.

he has barely played as a striker here, very early games when he came back from loan, a few the next season and a couple in the cup with Martin early last season. The last time he started there before last week was Reading (a) with Diedhiou and as a pair they offered us bugger all.  But I see something in him centrally.

The beauty of opinions!

It made me smile mind when I was having this conversation with a guy at the Derby game, and he agreed with me but added the player he turned inside out was none other than Danny Simpson… have not checked but suspect true ?

fact check: true ?

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tanner did fine today.  Think he needs to consider going on the outside at times, even knock it 20 yards and get after it.  Think opposition can force him back or inside too easily!

Yep Semenyo would be a great second striker if only we had a lethal finisher.

The ball actually sticks to him when it gets played forward. Don't think he will ever have the composure to be 20 a season as you say, but we simply have more of the ball in the opposing half when he plays, which will lead to more goals total .

• Like 2
1 minute ago, redsince1994 said:

Yep Semenyo would be a great second striker if only we had a lethal finisher.

The ball actually sticks to him when it gets played forward. Don't think he will ever have the composure to be 20 a season as you say, but we simply have more of the ball in the opposing half when he plays, which will lead to more goals total .

He just needs to take more shots, time and again he gets into good positions but never seams to think about hitting it at goal , it's like he's looking for the perfect finish instead of just hitting it hard and seeing what happens, get the feeling he makes it complex for himself when got time to think ,

• Like 1
Just now, winsaw said:

He just needs to take more shots, time and again he gets into good positions but never seams to think about hitting it at goal , it's like he's looking for the perfect finish instead of just hitting it hard and seeing what happens, get the feeling he makes it complex for himself when got time to think ,

You could understand the bench getting the hump when he didn’t shoot first half. Hit the ******* thing and if you miss or the keeper makes the save then so be it. That was what Pearson was on about when he was talking about failing by being positive.