IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

We deserved something from that game today and a draw is probably fair.

Simple to say, but it’s simple to see - more quality needed at both ends of the pitch and we would have won that.

Still going in the right direction and improving all the time for me - with that bit more quality I think this team could be half useful.

• Like 5

Despite the assertions of some on here, this was not a ‘sh1te’ performance. We were the better side after the opening 15 mins, just lacking quality in the final 3rd. Semenyo should have scored to make it 1-1 in the first half.

Their 2nd goal came very much against the run of the play, weak defending by Vyner & Tanner.

If we can get that level of performance but with better decision making in the final 3rd, we will be alright. Having Joe Williams back, to join HNM and James would provide a massive boost as Weimann was pretty anonymous again in midfield.

Well deserved point.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 4
48 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

So are we still trying to kid ourselves that we are improving?

I would say so. Granted it’s slow progress but i think we are. Battling performances like today are testament to that, 100% convinced we will stay up now to be honest.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 1

Take that point, the Man U loanee in defence certainly saved them today. Shame they scored from their only shot in the second half, typical goal to concede, no one in red quick enough to anticipate whereas Hull seemed to have more players coming into the box. Our crossing needs to improve though. Lots of good things, more good than bad, just the final third again.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Honours even , a fair result . The lads dug in .

I am happy for all the City fans who have something to celebrate on the long journey home. 
Another point to safety and a confidence boost for the squad . 
Green shoots ? 
Just maybe.

Major, as the late George Michael said, you can take me to Hull and back just as long as we're together.....

• Haha 2