IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Hang on, we were outplayed for the first ten minutes. If you think we have been TOTALLY outplayed today you need to get a ******* eye test.

Even when we do win I’m not sure anyone could say the team has played well, we nick the occasional win. Every time Hull attack we look like we could concede, so in that respect I’d say we are being outplayed.

Just now, bris red said:

He needs a rest, being flogged to death currently. I still maintain he is a decent player at this level when used correctly..

He's been played in two or three times down the right channel, when Semenyo would be the better option. Antoine is wasted in a central role. His first touch has been poor, which was typified by his failure to shoot on 24 when clear on goal.

• Confused 1

Largely frustrating first half.  But at least we've tried to pass the ball from the back.

What is it with the pitch...nobody sure of their footing, especially in the corners.  We've chosen the wrong option on crosses.

Semenyo bright, should've pulled the trigger on 25 mins, sat up lovely for him.

Think we either need to make Weimann a third striker or play a flat 3 in midfield....there is nothing happening with or without there ball in the spacer between their defence in midfield.

Was Massengo fouled in the lead up to their goal...what beauty of a curled though.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Largely frustrating first half.  But at least we've tried to pass the ball from the back.

What is it with the pitch...nobody sure of their footing, especially in the corners.  We've chosen the wrong option on crosses.

Think we either need to make Weimann a third striker or play a flat 3 in midfield....there is nothing happening with or without there ball in the spacer between their defence in midfield.

Was Massengo fouled in the lead up to their goal...what beauty of a curled though.

Nice of Vyner to show the goal scorer inside on his right foot.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

What's frustrating is that City have had some great opportunities which have failed due to a poor final pass.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes he was fouled, we all thought so from yards away

2 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Even when we do win I’m not sure anyone could say the team has played well, we nick the occasional win. Every time Hull attack we look like we could concede, so in that respect I’d say we are being outplayed.

I'm not really sure if we will see a great game of football from City this season. If we are regularly outplayed but still manage an occasional win or draw and stay up then that's good enough for me, in fact I'll be happy as a pig in poo.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Watching it on tv it seems like a game we SHOULD take a point from. Hull are just looking to counter.

We've got a great chance if we show more composure in the final third and stop them from freeing the wing backs. Longman looks particularly threatening on the left with that right footed curler.

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I'm not really sure if we will see a great game of football from City this season. If we are regularly outplayed but still manage an occasional win or draw and stay up then that's good enough for me, in fact I'll be happy as a pig in poo.

We aren’t being outplayed today though, we are just proving our shortfall in quality when we get in decent areas which we’ve done enough times to be expecting something from this game.

• Flames 1
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Watching it on tv it seems like a game we SHOULD take a point from. Hull are just looking to counter.

Can definitely confirm it is dreadful here. No intensity closing down. No intensity in the passing. Very few intense runs from our forward players. A lot of sideways and backards because of that. Generally it a performance pre international break where the energy just isn't there

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

So which is it? I'm only listening on R. Bristol, but on here4 I've read everything from not playing badly, to utter shit, booed off.

They dominated for 5-10 mins after their early goal, and still look threatening on the break. We have been the better side since those opening 15 mins, should be level but Semenyo wasted golden chance and 3 or 4 other really promising positions wasted with poor options. 

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 3
Just now, Numero Uno said:

We aren’t being outplayed today though, we are just proving our shortfall in quality when we get in decent areas which we’ve done enough times to be expecting something from this game.

Agree, when we are patient, we move them around and find pockets in their final third.  But its that final pass, touch.  Improve that, we can go on and get something.

• Like 1