IGNORED

KP 45

Alan Dicks

39 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

I had this chat with a friend earlier this week. 

Did anyone see anything from his loan spell to think he was worth spending a rumoured £3m/£4m and sizable wages on? 

A total head scratch signing for me. 

I thought at the time it was a weird one. I think he had a relatively poor loan spell

Almost like we needed to take him, to put the Kalas + Dasilva moves through.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Swede said:

I guess I am in the minority here but I firmly believed the way forward was with KP45, with Afobe in tandem. While I would admit he's lost his way since, there is so much talent in abundance just simply going to waste.

He has to look at himself but I also think it's up to the coaches to find the key to unlock the undoubted potential & get the best out of each & every player in the squad and that includes KP45.

If Kasey fancies joining Benik at Millwall, then we say au revoir and we wish him well. But he get himself there.

34 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Get that in relative terms, all 3 probably failed to deliver on their talent, but in absolute terms Jacki was streets ahead of the other two. A proven international player, the other two, not so much. Even though Jacki’s best days were behind him when he got to City, at least it was tier 2 vs JET tier 3 and KP failing to deliver at all.

International player yes but it was Poland mate when they were absolutely dog back then,we can only judge it when it comes to playing for city and he wasn’t all that

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not gonna reinvest history, I thought there was merits in signing him…

….but not after we’d gone and signed Szmodics and not for the money we paid (either fee or wages).

But I also expected a professional head-coach to have a plan for a player you spend that much on.  He never did though. ??‍♂️

19 months (expires 30th June 2023)

That really was the summer where it all unravelled. Terrible decision after terrible decision.

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

He doesn't have the skills.

I'm tired of people saying it.

He's shite.

Agree. Palmer has technical ability, but there are lots of other skills required to be an effective and successful footballer, many of which Palmer appears to be lacking.

It's not the case that he's simply a brilliant footballer who is too lazy (as many would have you believe). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmersonsKev said:

I had this chat with a friend earlier this week. 

Did anyone see anything from his loan spell to think he was worth spending a rumoured £3m/£4m and sizable wages on? 

A total head scratch signing for me. 

Mark Ashton.

End of Story. 

Spent money for the sake of it to benefit his agent connections.

• Like 4

Fevs nailed it by saying that the coach should have a plan. Johnson was like the bloke in Little Britain, I want that one. We had Szmodics, he'd had a good pre season the LJ said "I want that one" and I really believe it was just because Swansea showed interest. It worked at times, and when we had Afobe & Weimann it looked really promising . OK, we lost Afobe, but you find a replacement and if you can't you change focus. Not sure we did either. It comes down to focus, I would have kept KP in, played runners and given him movement ahead of him and I honestly think he'd shine. That said, I don't think he's helped himself. We was given praise for asking to play for the U23's, then wandered around looking like he thought he was above it all.
I have no doubt he is a very good player, but needs a team to suit his attributes . We ain't that team. His vision and passing is wasted with us, very little movement and very little control of the ball. We need workmen who will put in a shift, at one time I thought he was doing it, but obviously Pearson doesn't agree.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

International player yes but it was Poland mate when they were absolutely dog back then,we can only judge it when it comes to playing for city and he wasn’t all that

He went to the 86 World Cup finals with them and played in all their games, up to and including when knocked out by Brazil in the round of 16. Agree they weren’t amazing, but absolutely dog a bit harsh. Anyway, judging him purely on his City performances, in my view, miles ahead of the other two. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Get that in relative terms, all 3 probably failed to deliver on their talent, but in absolute terms Jacki was streets ahead of the other two. A proven international player, the other two, not so much. Even though Jacki’s best days were behind him when he got to City, at least it was tier 2 vs JET tier 3 and KP failing to deliver at all.

Palmer did well with Afobi. The rest of the time he doesn’t do enough to warrant a place in our u18s. 

it’s up to him. He has a contract. The club will give him away to get the wage off, but no one will pay him what he’s on and a loan club won’t want to pay anything like his full salary. 

Another Johnson Joke signing. I would be sheathing if I were paying, but the bloke who does only has himself to blame!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

He went to the 86 World Cup finals with them and played in all their games, up to and including when knocked out by Brazil in the round of 16. Agree they weren’t amazing, but absolutely dog a bit harsh. Anyway, judging him purely on his City performances, in my view, miles ahead of the other two. 

I’m not saying he wasn’t better but he wasn’t a world beater like the myth suggests,he was a “he’s not bad” player,the amount of times he gave the ball away when he played for us would have this forum turning kittens