IGNORED

KP 45

Alan Dicks

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I’m not saying he wasn’t better but he wasn’t a world beater like the myth suggests,he was a “he’s not bad” player,the amount of times he gave the ball away when he played for us would have this forum turning kittens 

Definitely agree that some of the adulation is irrational (including mine). But one of the few players in my time watching City, that could, sometimes, do amazing things and that means a lot when City is your team, as not commonplace! 

He seems like the sort of guy who loves the kudos of being a pro footballer without actually having the mentality & desire to be a pro footballer.

He’s grown up being told & thinking he is the next big thing out of Chelsea academy & his head just can’t compute that he actually isn’t that good even at Championship level.

He seems like a nice guy to be fair but then again most is on here would be lovely guys aswell if we were being given £1m per year to do absolutely nothing.

Edited by Cardy

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

You jest. But i believe L1 is probably his level. 
Apart from his silly high wages for no good reason!

' I'm serious........................I agree his level IS League 1.    He will seem like a superstar at that level, bit like Smzodics?  Then.....That's it?

I think Kasey Palmer gets a lot of unfair flak. People seem to jump to assumptions about his attitude but it feels to me their only basis is others’ assumptions about his attitude.

For me, he tries when he plays. I think a major issue is he is a confidence player and you can see when the confidence is not there. But the bigger issue is he just does not fit in with how we want to play. 

Don’t get me wrong. We signed him without a plan and we are now under a third manager that cannot use him. He needs to move for his own sake. But I am not so sure that this is the fault of his failings rather than our poor player acquisition.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

45 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I suggest everyone stop being sad and going on insta,facehead and Twitter to see what other people are doing and enjoy your own life 

Calm Down Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

44 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Can you enlighten me

Quick look suggests they follow each other, like each other’s posts etc. I think people don’t always understand that her Mrs Palmers (other wags) is a platform to sell/advertise goods and services. Not to post about their lives.

45 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I suggest everyone stop being sad and going on insta,facehead and Twitter to see what other people are doing and enjoy your own life 

Calm Down Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

44 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Can you enlighten me

Quick look suggests they follow each other, like each other’s posts etc. I think people don’t always understand that her Mrs Palmers (other wags) is a platform to sell/advertise goods and services. Not to post about their lives.

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

' I'm serious........................I agree his level IS League 1.    He will seem like a superstar at that level, bit like Smzodics?  Then.....That's it?

Defo. Showpony thats found out at a higher level. 
When people talk of stealing a living, KP is the ultimate thief, at Championship level. He may earn an ok wage at L1 and earn it as its his level. 

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

JET,Jackie and Palmer,the talent was there in all 3,Jackie is a hero to many dispite not doing much when you look back on it and JET was hit and miss,Palmer just seems to like the life of being a pro without actually doing nothing to earn it 

Not to mention Tomlin....................................................................................................oops just did.

29 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think Kasey Palmer gets a lot of unfair flak. People seem to jump to assumptions about his attitude but it feels to me their only basis is others’ assumptions about his attitude.

For me, he tries when he plays. I think a major issue is he is a confidence player and you can see when the confidence is not there. But the bigger issue is he just does not fit in with how we want to play. 

Don’t get me wrong. We signed him without a plan and we are now under a third manager that cannot use him. He needs to move for his own sake. But I am not so sure that this is the fault of his failings rather than our poor player acquisition.

A hard disagree for me, I'm afraid. (For what it's worth, I have no idea what his attitude is like.)

In terms of application he is sorely lacking. Last time I saw him play was a 13 minute cameo against Forest. We are 1-0 up and trying(!) to see the game out. KP is the fresh legs and should be the one busting a gut to put the opposition under pressure and he doesn't. He ambled round the pitch and we would have been better off leaving Scott on, who was knackered by that point. 

It's just one example, sure, and I don't blame him for the loss, there's 11 of them out there after all. But I did not see a player there with desire. I did not see a player there willing to work for his teammates or his own place. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

In terms of financial outlay and what he’s actually produced on the pitch - and set against the context of what he did during his loan spell (ie exactly what he’s done since signing permanently) - I’m struggling to think of many worse signings in the club’s history.

Gustav Engvall was around £2m, he never scored a goal for us & we apparently got £250k back when we sold him.

Considering that was in a pre Covid transfer market, I think he was probably worse, but in truth I’m struggling to think of too many others, though Wells cost even more than Palmer & isn’t much better in VFM terms.

41 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Don’t get me wrong. We signed him without a plan and we are now under a third manager that cannot use him. He needs to move for his own sake. But I am not so sure that this is the fault of his failings rather than our poor player acquisition.

He's done that. He's been here, there and Huddersfield. Only one club was stupid enough to sign him on permanently. What will be different when he moves? 

Isn't what is needed is for a shift within Kasey himself.

If someone signs him he will move and change nothing, waiting for football and the world to change instead.

Is my speculative guess with nothing to base it on other than the performances here and the realisation that we've seen all this before, many times.

I thought that when we had Tammy on loan and then signed three Chelsea players we were going places.

Then we ****** it up. We’ve got KP wearing a suit the likes of which no other ****** would be seen dead in whilst he models some kit at Ashton Court.

We’ve got an international who drives around in an ugly, ostentatious 4x4 and who’s best contribution recently has been to dry the match ball with a towel.

We’ve got a left back who’s got a lovely song from the 1980s but play with the ball over his head and we’re ******.

And there was me thinking that Steve, Jon and Ashton knew what they were doing……..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I thought that when we had Tammy on loan and then signed three Chelsea players we were going places.

Then we ****** it up. We’ve got KP wearing a suit the likes of which no other ****** would be seen dead in whilst he models some kit at Ashton Court.

We’ve got an international who drives around in an ugly, ostentatious 4x4 and who’s best contribution recently has been to dry the match ball with a towel.

We’ve got a left back who’s got a lovely song from the 1980s but play with the ball over his head and we’re ******.

And there was me thinking that Steve, Jon and Ashton knew what they were doing……..

The people at the top are no closer to knowing what they are doing now than they were 20 years ago when it comes to football matters. That’s why in my opinion we have to suck it up and let Nige do what needs to be done over the next couple of seasons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The people at the top are no closer to knowing what they are doing now than they were 20 years ago when it comes to football matters. That’s why in my opinion we have to suck it up and let Nige do what needs to be done over the next couple of seasons.

through all the debates / discussions etc over the last year or so,this best sums up where we are and what needs doing NOW before we fail monumentally

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Fevs nailed it by saying that the coach should have a plan. Johnson was like the bloke in Little Britain, I want that one. We had Szmodics, he'd had a good pre season the LJ said "I want that one" and I really believe it was just because Swansea showed interest. It worked at times, and when we had Afobe & Weimann it looked really promising . OK, we lost Afobe, but you find a replacement and if you can't you change focus. Not sure we did either. It comes down to focus, I would have kept KP in, played runners and given him movement ahead of him and I honestly think he'd shine. That said, I don't think he's helped himself. We was given praise for asking to play for the U23's, then wandered around looking like he thought he was above it all.
I have no doubt he is a very good player, but needs a team to suit his attributes . We ain't that team. His vision and passing is wasted with us, very little movement and very little control of the ball. We need workmen who will put in a shift, at one time I thought he was doing it, but obviously Pearson doesn't agree.

Was he a Johnson signing though? There were plenty of people on here calling for the club to sign him. Seemed to me like it was an Ashton signing designed to get showered with adulation and stroke the ego.

35 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

You thought Ashton knew what he was doing?!? ?

12 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

What you on about he played today…

D69AEFCB-4B00-4A66-806D-BDC4BEC987BD.jpeg

Is it just me that sees this as a "they all look the same to me" style of comment?!?

I think he'll end up flitting between the championship and league one. I think he'd boss many league one teams in the way JET did. That would see him secure a move to the championship where he'll again flatter to deceive and find himself back in league one where he'd boss many...... Etc etc ad infinitum.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Was he a Johnson signing though? There were plenty of people on here calling for the club to sign him. Seemed to me like it was an Ashton signing designed to get showered with adulation and stroke the ego.

Johnson happily said he signed off all the arrivals . I wouldn't be surprised if Ashton had a hand in it though. Very strange given that we had gone through most of pre-season with the one player signed for the role. 

• Like 1

I struggle to put my finger on it with KP. He’s got ability but he seems so one dimensional, there’s been a lack of development. The last couple of seasons we’ve been really weak in centre midfield and there was an opportunity for him to capitalise but he’s been nowhere near it. To me, it comes across that he knows how he wants to play and hasn’t had the desire to adapt his game.

I really struggle to understand how our previous management preached about players having the right DNA and such a misjudgement was made after a 3 month loan spell.

Edited by Fammyfan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

One of my mates is the most ardent LJ fan ever and has some ITK status in the past…and even he admits LJ wanted KP.

”give me the summer with Kasey…blah, blah, blah”.

Im sure LJ wanted him, another chance to show what he could do with a mercurial loan signing if he had them permanently.  He didn’t learn from Tomlin, although a bit different in personality and ability….but similar principle.  A weakness of LJ that he always felt he had to prove something, an insecurity of his actual ability, especially man-management imho.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

£14m quid on KP, Jay Dasilva and Kalas.

£14m quid.

Incredible.

Bristol City - we get our VALUE ON THE PITCH.

Kalas was £8m, but we sold Webster for £20m & so bought him as a result.

Dasilva was £2.5m, so I’m really struggling with your point as to what exactly was wrong with those deals.

Palmer was a terrible deal, but can’t see the problem elsewhere.

6 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

I had this chat with a friend earlier this week. 

Did anyone see anything from his loan spell to think he was worth spending a rumoured £3m/£4m and sizable wages on? 

A total head scratch signing for me. 

Complete ego signing (Ashton and Johnson combined).

The talent is there, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to click. Between MA and LJ they thought they may be able to get him firing on all cylinders (despite an ok loan period,  not groundbreaking though), and be able to turn a big profit from him.

As it is, I think we'll do well to get his wages off the book, as we'll never make the money back. 

I do wonder if it was a case of you can have Kalas, Dasilva and Palmer for £x, because to me, KP has always looked an OK player at best.

• Like 4