IGNORED

KP 45

Alan Dicks

34 minutes ago, Taz said:

Complete ego signing (Ashton and Johnson combined).

The talent is there, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to click. Between MA and LJ they thought they may be able to get him firing on all cylinders (despite an ok loan period,  not groundbreaking though), and be able to turn a big profit from him.

As it is, I think we'll do well to get his wages off the book, as we'll never make the money back. 

I do wonder if it was a case of you can have Kalas, Dasilva and Palmer for £x, because to me, KP has always looked an OK player at best.

They all signed at different times.

In the case of Kalas (the middle signing) I’m sure we paid a bit over the odds because we got Dasilva cheap (at the time).

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Well if he goes and we lose money does that not take away from allowing us to buy some one better 

I suppose it's a case of damage limitation at this point.

We're pretty much guaranteed to lose money on Palmer, but we're better off losing a bit of money rather than a lot of money (especially if he can't even get anywhere near the matchday squad)

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

We're pretty much guaranteed to lose money on Palmer, but we're better off losing a bit of money rather than a lot of money (especially if he can't even get anywhere near the matchday squad)

And if we going to be off loading JD as well as might be and we lose on him . Our transfer and wage pot is going down again 

Just now, Rocking Red Cyril said:

And if we going to be off loading JD as well as might be and we lose on him . Our transfer and wage pot is going down again 

Personally I wouldn't be in such a hurry to get rid of Jay DaSilva (understand that NP may feel differently though). In reality, I think Palmer will be the hard one to shift - I can't really see why any team would take him. Those that could afford him wouldn't want him, and those that would want him couldn't afford him.

Technically, offloading these players (even on frees) will be decreasing our wage bill and hence increasing our "wage pot", but yeah.....in the grand scheme of things it is still a sh*t tonne of money wasted

• Like 5

11 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think Kasey Palmer gets a lot of unfair flak. People seem to jump to assumptions about his attitude but it feels to me their only basis is others’ assumptions about his attitude.

For me, he tries when he plays. I think a major issue is he is a confidence player and you can see when the confidence is not there. But the bigger issue is he just does not fit in with how we want to play. 

Don’t get me wrong. We signed him without a plan and we are now under a third manager that cannot use him. He needs to move for his own sake. But I am not so sure that this is the fault of his failings rather than our poor player acquisition.

We all know he has talent, but how many managers have now not played him, suggests a bit more to it, even Swansea who should of suited him he could not get in the team

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They all signed at different times.

In the case of Kalas (the middle signing) I’m sure we paid a bit over the odds because we got Dasilva cheap (at the time).

True, but you know what Ashton was like, anything for a deal. As you say Dasilva was stupidly cheap but Palmer in comparison was a terrible deal.

I still say with a quick mobile striker or two in front of him , he could shine. Here he's mostly had Fam & Martin. A short spell with Afobe & Weimann where the whole team looked better, but injury put paid to that. 

Getting rid of him will be difficult. Who is going to pay him the suggested £20k a week ? No one ! That means even if we give him away we will have to cover a large percentage of the wage. The other way it could go is him winding his contract down, in his position there is no way I'd walk away from a lucrative contract.  

Last year he did try and start putting himself around, but a big part of his game is seeing and playing a pass . With our static forward line he has no outlet. The most likely outcome IMO, loaned out until the end of the year , us paying his wages but at least he would be hopefully playing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Kalas was £8m, but we sold Webster for £20m & so bought him as a result.

Dasilva was £2.5m, so I’m really struggling with your point as to what exactly was wrong with those deals.

Palmer was a terrible deal, but can’t see the problem elsewhere.

So pound for pound you think we have seen £8m worth from Kalas, and £2.5m worth for Jay Dasilva?

I would expect any side spending £10.5m on half a back four to be firmly top 6 material if not top 2.

One of them has been patchy, and has been relinquished of a burden of captaincy in a side that leaked goals phenomenally, and the other cannot get in a side within a club that contains zero other left-backs.

You see nothing wrong with those deals?

Blimey.

These two signings are indicative of the wild, ego-driven transfer policy that has seen us scraping around with a squad of overpaid non-assets.

If you sign individuals with no idea how to build a team then this is what happens.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

JET,Jackie and Palmer,the talent was there in all 3,Jackie is a hero to many dispite not doing much when you look back on it and JET was hit and miss,Palmer just seems to like the life of being a pro without actually doing nothing to earn it 

Jet was quality with a good return on goals, a so called Luxury Player just not good enough for the Prem, it’s his style which confused many by being lazy.   Jackie banged everyone’s misses so I’ve been told.  
Palmer thinks he’s better than what he is imo.

21 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

So pound for pound you think we have seen £8m worth from Kalas, and £2.5m worth for Jay Dasilva?

I would expect any side spending £10.5m on half a back four to be firmly top 6 material if not top 2.

One of them has been patchy, and has been relinquished of a burden of captaincy in a side that leaked goals phenomenally, and the other cannot get in a side within a club that contains zero other left-backs.

You see nothing wrong with those deals?

Blimey.

These two signings are indicative of the wild, ego-driven transfer policy that has seen us scraping around with a squad of overpaid non-assets.

If you sign individuals with no idea how to build a team then this is what happens.

At the time we signed them, (a time when we sold Webster for £20m), yes.

I think it is incredible hindsight to say that Dasilva, only 23 now & an England U21 left back wasn’t a good deal at £2.5m, particularly as we sold Lloyd Kelly for £15m in that era.

I believe Kalas is a bottom six Prem central defender, he has a good availability record, an excellent attitude & for me clearly our best player.

Would we pay that fee now? No, because COVID has decimated the transfer market at our level, but I believe it was a good deal at the time.

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

At the time we signed them, (a time when we sold Webster for £20m), yes.

I think it is incredible hindsight to say that Dasilva, only 23 now & an England U21 left back wasn’t a good deal at £2.5m, particularly as we sold Lloyd Kelly for £15m in that era.

I believe Kalas is a bottom six Prem central defender, he has a good availability record, an excellent attitude & for me clearly our best player.

Would we pay that fee now? No, because COVID has decimated the transfer market at our level, but I believe it was a good deal at the time.

Agree, no way Kalas and Dasilva were bad purchases at the time. Kalas remains a good one, just purchased at the wrong point in the market, but not sure many were predicting a global pandemic and for the fee, Dasilva might still come good, but clearly way behind Kalas in terms of delivering. Palmer looked a more dubious signing at the time as well as now, although even with him, we were crying out for some creativity and it wasn’t ludicrous to think he could have been the one, so a gamble rather than an obviously bad decision at the time. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

It's probably not the loss on what we spent two years ago that will be a problem. That is history.

More importantly, it is the wage saving that will allow us to bring in a couple or three promising 22/24 year olds with total wages less than Palmer.

With an added benefit that all newcomers will be putting everything into building a career rather than like, KP already a millionaire on Chelsea pay levels, before he came here!

16 hours ago, BigTone said:

Reminds me of JET. Plenty of ability but no interest in applying himself to the job at hand. Totally stolen a wage from BCFC.

Not like JET at all in my opinion  . Loved watching JET always trying to create something ,lots of skill ,also v strong .Ok he wasnt going to chase back but was always a presense on the pitch .Must have been a nightmare to play agaiinst . KP nowhere nr as good .

• Like 1

i think we are forgetting kp on and off the pitch had a great bond with benik.i feel with everything that happened to benik hit kp hard which i feel started his downfall. I have no doubts there is a quality player in there somewhere but sadly not with us. But one thing kp is no better or no worse than what we got.

• Like 1

Talented waster ultimately. Never owns the shirt and has had plenty of chances under multiple managers here.

He has all the technical and physical attributes to be a top player in this division. There is something not right there in terms of mentality or attitude.

I think he falls well short of Pearson's expectation levels.

Will he get 1 more chance before Jan? I think not. 

Not financially easy to move on, loan or perm but he is a flair player and that might appeal to the right side who could afford the luxury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

i dont know why kp is out of it so wont guess but if he does have to go,surely it would benefit him and the club to have him match fit,who wants a player that will take weeks to get up to speed.  maybe a few u23 games if it is an attitude problem,

It would surely, in the succinct words of @Banjo Red, benefit Kasey if he "pulled his finger out his ass." If Banjo's plain, blunt advice was good enough for SL the other week, it's good enough for Kasey P45. In my uninformed and not entirely humble opinion.

• Haha 1