IGNORED

Your Support is..............

Well dependant on what exactly?

Maybe support is the wrong word and maybe attendance is a better word anyway myself I...

Used to go all home and most away back in the late 60`s early 70`s a decline has happened since, over the proceeding decades due to; moving away from Bristol, getting married, having less money available and getting older and poor health etc.

Now its come to a level where I am well just an armchair fan but still follow my club whenever they play but now on the media.

I bow down to the likes of RedM and many others who trek all over, being there for the team......so is what is your attendance based on? results, affordability, health, age, what div we are in, a mixture of all or something else?

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Makes no difference what division we are in,or how we we are doing during the season.

will go when i can afford it and work or whatever allows.

This thread has no meaning really  your just saying i can't be assed to go anymore as i don't really care that much.

just read you post properly, apologies, real supporter.

• Robin 1

6 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Makes no difference what division we are in,or how we we are doing during the season.

This thread has no meaning really  your just saying i can't be assed to go anymore as i don't really care that much.

So @gl2 says "having less money available and getting older and poor health" and he doesn't care?

You say "will go when i can afford it and work or whatever allowsand you do ?

Can we see your working out please.

6 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

This thread has no meaning really your just saying i can't be assed to go anymore as i don't really care that much.

No I`m not saying that at all, ................I dont really care that much....f.f.s ...what am I doing here if I dont care.........:doh:

Last time I couldn't wait to get to a game was the SC promotion season. Knowing there was a good chance we would be better than the opposition and probably score a few goals was a big incentive to go. 

So sadly I have concluded that I must be a bit of a glory hunter. Not quite sure how that can be after forty odd years when we have won next to nothing. 

So to answer the original question, I don't really know but I think the main thing is having a side I think is likely to score a few goals and has some players that excite is the main thing. Both of which are missing atm. 

• Like 1

Guessing the bottom line for many is, having enough available money to go to games closely followed by being healthy enough to do so.

Distance to travel to and from home games also comes into it, I know myself living in and around Bristol is a big plus, as opposed to round trips of many,many miles with m/way traffic and parking also a big headache.

19 hours ago, nickolas said:

………..f!&king shit? 

The single most boring chant of away fans, closely followed by (insert town) is a sh1thole i want to go home. You dont want to go home. You have just paid probably £50+ to get a ticket and travel. You dont want to go home really, do you! ??

The irony of coming from places like Blackburn or Stoke and the saying 'Bristol's a shithole' is gargantuan.

If Bristol really is a shithole, that would make Stoke a major sewage works with countless tonnes of foetid crap swilling about. 

• Like 2

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

The irony of coming from places like Blackburn or Stoke and the saying 'Bristol's a shithole' is gargantuan.

If Bristol really is a shithole, that would make Stoke a major sewage works with countless tonnes of foetid crap swilling about. 

The Venice of the Midlands - with more tyres and shopping trollies.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You obviously haven’t heard of the Silverdale “stink”, which is on the outskirts of Stoke? ?

18 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

You obviously haven’t heard of the Silverdale “stink”, which is on the outskirts of Stoke? ?

I've got to be honest, I've driven through it and been across the five towns on a coach, but never felt the need to stop and explore.

It looked like Dresden in 1945, with added shellsuits. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I've got to be honest, I've driven through it and been across the five towns on a coach, but never felt the need to stop and explore.

It looked like Dresden in 1945, with added shellsuits. 

You’re right about the shell suits! I worked for a business there for 6 months, visiting once a month. Was then asked to visit once a week, which was enough to hand my notice in! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Exactly. Havent even mentioned Luton yet. ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Exactly. Havent even mentioned Luton yet. ??

Might run a poll when I have time.  What's the biggest shithole in the Championship?

Luton; Blackburn; Stoke; Coventry; West Bromwich; Peterborough; Barnsley; Middlesbrough; Hull; Bermondsey; Blackpool...  some very strong contenders....

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Might run a poll when I have time.  What's the biggest shithole in the Championship?

Luton; Blackburn; Stoke; Coventry; West Bromwich; Peterborough; Barnsley; Middlesbrough; Hull; Bermondsey; Blackpool...  some very strong contenders....

Middlesbrough by a country mile followed closely by Luton.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gl2 said:

Guessing the bottom line for many is, having enough available money to go to games closely followed by being healthy enough to do so.

Distance to travel to and from home games also comes into it, I know myself living in and around Bristol is a big plus, as opposed to round trips of many,many miles with m/way traffic and parking also a big headache.

I obviously don't get to games because I live in Oz but have always & will always be a City supporter. As I said in one of my previous posts, it's in my blood. Glad to hear you still support the club, It's a bit like wedding vows isn't it "In sickness & In Health". Good luck to you gl2 & stay safe mate :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Middlesbrough by a country mile followed closely by Luton.

I think a case could be made for Barnsley. 

I had to stop there once because my car had broken down and it was a mix of closed betting shops, derelict industrial estates and grim local versions of Cash Converters. Bits of grit were blowing down the street in a sort of post-industrial sandstorm, and I saw a bloke wearing an old vest swigging from a bottle of Bells. 

25 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I obviously don't get to games because I live in Oz but have always & will always be a City supporter. As I said in one of my previous posts, it's in my blood. Glad to hear you still support the club, It's a bit like wedding vows isn't it "In sickness & In Health". Good luck to you gl2 & stay safe mate :thumbsup:

Stayed in Sydney a few years back for a week on a world tour with the wife, next to "Paddys"? market (I think) in a great hotel, mono rail in front and a load of chinese resturants behind, park opposite and easy access to the ferries to Manley beach, Sydney Harbour etc, loved it; way not long enough but a world tour is a world tour. Probably not get there again unless the lottery comes up but have the pics and memories. Fifa Womens World Cup GIF by Football Australia

Edited by gl2

10 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Stayed in Sydney a few years back for a week on a world tour with the wife, next to "Paddys"? market (I think) in a great hotel, mono rail in front and a load of chinese resturants behind, park opposite and easy access to the ferries to Manley beach, Sydney Harbour etc, loved it; way not long enough but a world tour is a world tour. Probably not get there again unless the lottery comes up but have the pics and memories. Fifa Womens World Cup GIF by Football Australia

I live in South Australia & have been to Sydney a couple of times but on work trips. As you would know Oz is a massive country & you couldn't see it all in a lifetime but I'll keep trying ?

37 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Dumps ?

Luton; Serious dump. Mate had his car broken into while we were in the ground. Not sure why thy didn't take it, we had to start it with a screwdriver to get back.

Blackburn; Just a one way system. Dump but found the Police friendly

Stoke; Spent no time near I have to say, didn't hate it when Tins scored the winner in the cp one night.

Coventry; Harsh to call it a dump. Had a nice pub crawl around it the other week.

West Bromwich; Again, bits I've seen seem ok

Peterborough; Can't remember it , so long ago I went.

Barnsley; Northern, so yeah

Middlesbrough; Went in a van, stopped on the outskirts. Landlady came out of the pub into the carpark to say we couldn't stop. Then she realised we weren't locals and welcomed us in. Not wanting people from M'boro in a fairly local pub speaks volumes. Nailed on dump

Hull; Not been since the old ground, found pubs decent.

Bermondsey; Locals have a sense of humour. Told us where to park our van ? We decided on the car park. Then had all the windows put through while we were at the Traffic lights on the way out. Dump !

Blackpool , had some good times, stayed a few times and yet, very much Dump !

some very strong contenders.... you're not wrong Robbo

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gl2 said:

S*** is that your bridge? ?

Great postcode btw, all the best people grew up,in it ?