IGNORED

Boris to speak to the nation,shortly

Never to the dark side

4 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

In all fairness he has had the impossible job what with COVID and brexit 

could anyone done a better job ?

Yep. I imagine there are plenty of us out there who could’ve set rules and stuck to them ourselves. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Probably about 60 plus million imo! Just remember it was his choice to be the face of brexit, and how well is that going?

As for Covid, he hasn’t taken it seriously from the beginning. Total incompetence.

Edited by Portland Bill
  • Like 9
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I’m sorry. This is nonsense.

He campaigned for Brexit. If the daft blond **** thought it was impossible he shouldn’t have done so. In fact, I believe he thought he had things done and an “oven ready” deal. So it’s either not impossible or he’s a liar.

And yes, literally anyone could have done better on Covid. The highest death toll in Europe kind of illustrates that even before you get to the double standards.

(Feel free to move to politics forum but this attitude is precisely what allows him to be so crap and treat the nation with contempt)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

20 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

To avoid being party political certainly any of the last 5 Prime Ministers before him, so May, Cameron, Brown, Blair or Major.

Whatever my own views on Thatcher it would also be a close run thing between her & Johnson & she has been dead since 2013.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Probably about 60 plus million imo! Just remember it was his choice to be the face of brexit, and how well is that going?

As for Covid, he hasn’t taken it seriously from the beginning. Total incompetence.

Brexit is not going well at least partly because the two countries that run the EU (France and Germany) don't want it to, as for covid well that's been an unmitigated disaster and mistakes have been made but you can't deny the effort put into the vaccination rollout.  

• Haha 9

31 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

In fairness, Brexit was his ticket to number 10…he is living proof that there are a lot of stupid people in this country that believe bull shit and do not check facts and think

the man’s a totally useless, as he was at Uni

Edited by adamski
  • Like 3
  • Flames 4

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

Brexit is not going well at least partly because the two countries that run the EU (France and Germany) don't want it to, as for covid well that's been an unmitigated disaster and mistakes have been made but you can't deny the effort put into the vaccination rollout.  

1 minute ago, adamski said:

In fairness, Brexit was his ticket to number 10…he is living proof that there are a lot of stupid people in this country that believe bull shit and are to lazy to check facts and think

the man’s a totally useless, as he was at Uni

Exhibit A (above).

Oh fantastic, another Bash Boris thread, but just what would have Starmer and his smarmy side kick do differently/better? remembering of course Starmer has no policies of his own.

I know lets put the media and the beeb in control......oh wait a minute they are already as many believe whatever they say.

Edited by gl2

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

You can’t deny the effort, but we are well behind a lot of other countries.

As for Brexit, well the latest study from October shows the UK lost £12 billion worth of trade in that month alone.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

As much as I detest France and Germany for what they are doing….did anyone seriously expect them to act differently? 

It may/may not have been a good idea to leave but at least anticipate likely outcomes and plan for them. Plan to make Brexit a success.

Fail to plan, plan to fail …. Boris and his Eton ‘ born to lead’ chums random chaos, non-planning, non-interventionist approach to managing everything is bound to result in disaster. As it has with the EU, the economy, Covid … 

He’s a lazy, shambles of a human being. Together with that **** Reece-Mogg they ought to be charged with treason. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, gl2 said:

Oh fantastic, another Bash Boris thread I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! but just what would have Starmer and his smarmy side kick do differently/better? remembering of course Starmer has no policies of his own.

I know lets put the media and the beeb in control......oh wait a minute they are already as many believe whatever they say.

Starmer was on tv earlier, his party will be backing everything the Conservative party do and say.  65 plus conservative rebels, labour will once again side with the Conservative party. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Oh fantastic, another Bash Boris thread, but just what would have Starmer and his smarmy side kick do differently/better? remembering of course Starmer has no policies of his own.

No Boris doesn't necessarily mean a labour government…

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Oh fantastic, another Bash Boris thread I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! but just what would have Starmer and his smarmy side kick do differently/better? remembering of course Starmer has no policies of his own.

Did you say the same about the media when they slaughtered Corbyn ? 

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

You can’t deny the effort, but we are well behind a lot of other countries.

As for Brexit, well the latest study from October shows the UK lost £12 billion worth of trade in that month alone.

We may well have done but the blame for that must surely be as much that there is a certain amount of punishing us for leaving the Eu which cost them billions in income as we were a net contributor to the whole EU project, personally having lived through this country being in and out of the EU there was a lot more to the majority voting leave, and there was a majority however small that voted leave (more than a million) there was more to it than just the money aspect, you cannot put a price on gaining back the ability to self govern I would not be surprised if other countries were given a similar referendum they would also choose to leave the EU, even the French. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Starmer was on tv earlier, his party will be backing everything the Conservative party do and say.  65 plus conservative rebels, labour will once again side with the Conservative party. 

Because…. Starmer isn’t playing politics with our lives during a pandemic.

The tories are in a total mess, they are the ones in-fighting. Let them carry on fighting amongst themselves, they are going to destroy themselves.

Finally, most people now realise ( what a lot of us knew) Johnson is a total liability.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, gl2 said:

20 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Both of these posts are in a way symptomatic of the problem. Starmer was on tv earlier and confirmed he would back the restrictions but also confirmed (again) more needed to be done to support aspects such as compulsory sick pay to keep adherence with self isolation and improved school ventilation. So, even today he’s not just “siding with the Conservatives”, he’s siding with the science and proposing things both him and his “smarmy side kick” would do different.

In fact, if you go through the history of the pandemic, Starmer has called for measures before Johnson did - remember the circuit breaker in October 2020, and calling for urgent action on the 15th December when a certain party/quiz was going on. He’s been in lockstep with the science (when the Tories eventually shared sage minutes) all the way through, so we would have headed off things quicker, as opposed to playing PR.

Off the top of my head, he’s also called for stronger border checks before they came in, support for the 3m excluded under furlough, and proposed contracts should go to firms that could deliver medical equipment as opposed to mates.

So yeah, there appear to be a raft of policies. And ones that every medical and scientific expert conclude would have protected us better. There’s nothing wrong with backing the government and not playing politics in a pandemic.

Saying he’s blindly backing and has no policies are incorrect, and frankly show no understanding of what he’s actually called for.

• Like 5