IGNORED

£23 for Fulham game

BCFC1512

Just to put it into context, other Championship vs Championship prices:

Cardiff vs Preston - £15 for matchday, £12 in advance, £10 for season ticket holders. £8, £5, £3 for u16s.

Coventry vs Derby - £20 adults, £15 concessions, £10 u18 and £5 u13.

We are playing Fulham the week after, and they won't bring a full strength side to Ashton Gate. Post Christmas too. Extortionate. 

If we can't reduce prices to introduce new fans for this game when can we? 

42 minutes ago, Selred said:

If we can't reduce prices to introduce new fans for this game when can we? 

£10 or less for everyone aged 22 and under though. So cheap for new younger fans.

I don't think it's a crazy pricing list tbh. It's not cheap but it's not eyewaterlingly expensive.

You could do a parent plus 3 kids in the Lansdown for 40. That's about the same as a single potd ticket for a league match in the same area.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

£10 or less for everyone aged 22 and under though. So cheap for new younger fans.

I don't think it's a crazy pricing list tbh. It's not cheap but it's not eyewaterlingly expensive.

You could do a parent plus 3 kids in the Lansdown for 40. That's a fair bit less than a single potd ticket for a league match in the same area.

I disagree. Who is going to bring younger fans? For some families the FA cup games are the only tickets they can afford. 

When I was a student I got Charlton tickets for £10, I wouldn't pay £20 for a team I have no affinity too. I now still look at for Charlton results.

You cannot compare to POTD, which are disgustingly overpriced anyway. 

• Thanks 1

No idea what goes through their heads sometimes. 

Quid a kid is great, but fully in the knowledge they are getting an adult in with that and the price for that is jacked up (see other championship v championship prices above) to cover the difference 

I hope city fans vote with their feet on this one 

• Like 1

It’s a no from me for all the reasons above.  Don’t think I’ve missed a game in a few years now but I had just assumed it would be a lower price for what is a fairly unattractive game.

How much does the other team need to agree the price ? IIRC when we played Shrewsbury if was a £10 for adult tickets . 

8 minutes ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

Mental. Surely tenner a ticket gets a load more people in the ground spending their money on the beer/food. 

Especially for an early kick off.

Yes it's £40 for 1 adult and 3 kids, but it's 12.30. You'll need to feed those kids £6 burgers, so straight away you'll be looking at £50+ to watch us lose to Fulham 3 nil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

For a reserve game?

Teams aren't announced yet so far as I know. Our line up for the League Cup game in the summer included Kalas, Wells, HNM, Williams, and Nagy. You don't know how Pearson might see the FA Cup this season.

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

I disagree. Who is going to bring younger fans? For some families the FA cup games are the only tickets they can afford. 

When I was a student I got Charlton tickets for £10, I wouldn't pay £20 for a team I have no affinity too. I now still look at for Charlton results.

You cannot compare to POTD, which are disgustingly overpriced anyway. 

A ticket for a student to this game is £10. 

Depending on how you define a "family" this game could be attended for £25 for three people - one adult and two under-12s in the SS. That's surely affordable for 95% of people if this is the one game they attend in a season.

I agree that POTD is overpriced. Believe me, I pay it every time I come to AG.

I understand that people want to moan, especially if they've already decided the game should be £10, but it's really quite good compared to our normal pricing. For context, last we set the following for the 3rd round v Shrewsbury. Adult prices are up this year, but kids are down.

image.png.e685286513932982d4c8faf8b76b3d30.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Have supported City since 1970, and obviously miss a couple of home games a season, as we all do due to holidays or illness etc, but this will be the first time that I don't go because I don't want to. Sad.

Same here haven’t missed a cup game for as long as I can remember. FA cup / league cup / Mickey Mouse cup . But 23 quid is a piss take. Then booking and posting another couple of quid. Club got this wrong and the attendance will show it IMO. Just after Xmas people got loads of spare cash