IGNORED

£23 for Fulham game

BCFC1512

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Do both clubs have to agree on prices ?

No - that was changed a few years ago: https://thefsa.org.uk/news/the-price-of-change-new-fa-cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans/

(ii) Competition Proper

Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions. The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

£10 or less for everyone aged 22 and under though. So cheap for new younger fans.

I don't think it's a crazy pricing list tbh. It's not cheap but it's not eyewaterlingly expensive.

You could do a parent plus 3 kids in the Lansdown for 40. That's about the same as a single potd ticket for a league match in the same area.

It's a football match not a crèche 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

The club would have been dead years ago if it wasn't for Mums, Dad's and grandparents taking them to the Gate and getting them interested.

Taking with them a massive bag of sweets!

Kids are the future, welcome them!

The Gas are now beginning to find this out.

• Like 1

It might be just me but I struggle to get enthusiastic about a cup game when we draw someone in our own division, especially when we’re playing them the following week.

I love the cup because it’s a nice change from the league, usually.

I wouldn’t think those prices too high, maybe a bit, if it was against a team from another division, maybe one we haven’t played for years.

I’ll probably make my mind up the day before.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

The club would have been dead years ago if it wasn't for Mums, Dad's and grandparents taking them to the Gate and getting them interested.

Taking with them a massive bag of sweets!

Kids are the future, welcome them!

We're playing  them in the league the following week, but my s/t seat will cost about £5 less then.  Surely the price shouldn't  be dearer because its a cup tie. It's hardly a glamour tie ffs.   

2 minutes ago, marmite said:

We're playing  them in the league the following week, but my s/t seat will cost about £5 less then.  Surely the price shouldn't  be dearer because its a cup tie. It's hardly a glamour tie ffs.   

My reply was to your post stating 

"It's a football match not a crèche"

Have you replied to the wrong post?

Our pricing is nothing short of scandalous. My dad passed away last December & he attended with my mum & both had season tickets in the Dolman for over 45 years.  My mum is desperate to watch a live game and I said I’d take her on Saturday to watch Huddersfield.  She is 82 and I have paid £31 for her ticket… yes £31!!!

I like others would never miss a game but Fulham is a stretch too far and by not attending is the only small protest I can make.  Sad times.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

My reply was to your post stating 

"It's a football match not a crèche"

Have you replied to the wrong post?

Sorry about the confusion. I was just continuing our banter and giving my reasons why I was unhappy about the pricing. I'm all for encouraging the kids to come as they will be our future but 2 or 3000 kids at a quid, who won't all come back again,  won't make up for the loss of adult attendance at theses prices. I think they got it wrong this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Take a packed lunch and eat it in the car before the game. No point spending £20+ on food 

Spot on, I'm always amazed by the comments from fans who moan about the price of food or drink in the stadium. I've decided to come up with some other options for them -

* Try going 90 minutes without eating and drinking. I can guarantee you will not keel over and die.

* Purchase your food from Sainsburys or Aldi, both less than 10 mins walk from the ground.

* Purchase your food from one of the 30 plus eateries all within 15 minutes walk of the stadium.

* Make some sandwiches and a flask of coffee before you leave the house, likely cost about a quid.

Problem solved, no need to thank me.

• Like 5

• Admin
1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

Spot on, I'm always amazed by the comments from fans who moan about the price of food or drink in the stadium. I've decided to come up with some other options for them -

* Try going 90 minutes without eating and drinking. I can guarantee you will not keel over and die.

* Purchase your food from Sainsburys or Aldi, both less than 10 mins walk from the ground.

* Purchase your food from one of the 30 plus eateries all within 15 minutes walk of the stadium.

* Make some sandwiches and a flask of coffee before you leave the house, likely cost about a quid.

Valid points but don't forget it's getting to the coldest part of the year so anyone wanting something to warm up with in the ground don't really have a choice. 

5 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Chip shop opposite The Robins.....or KFC if short on time, but to be honest, I'd rather wait until I get home and order a takeaway to be delivered.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, I don’t get the argument that you must eat from the vendors at the game.

Don't understand why people pay it. I often bring something from home then I'm not paying out anymore than I need to.. Foods not great and prices Not great either.. So agree I don't get the argument why they have to eat from the vendors either.

3 hours ago, Selred said:

Especially for an early kick off.

Yes it's £40 for 1 adult and 3 kids, but it's 12.30. You'll need to feed those kids £6 burgers, so straight away you'll be looking at £50+ to watch us lose to Fulham 3 nil.

The prices are shocking but let’s just be clear about one thing: you don’t “need” to buy kids £6 burgers.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Teams aren't announced yet so far as I know. Our line up for the League Cup game in the summer included Kalas, Wells, HNM, Williams, and Nagy. You don't know how Pearson might see the FA Cup this season.

A ticket for a student to this game is £10. 

Depending on how you define a "family" this game could be attended for £25 for three people - one adult and two under-12s in the SS. That's surely affordable for 95% of people if this is the one game they attend in a season.

I agree that POTD is overpriced. Believe me, I pay it every time I come to AG.

I understand that people want to moan, especially if they've already decided the game should be £10, but it's really quite good compared to our normal pricing. For context, last we set the following for the 3rd round v Shrewsbury. Adult prices are up this year, but kids are down.

image.png.e685286513932982d4c8faf8b76b3d30.png

yep excellent value going to take the grand kids and my nephews. less than 30 quid bargain.COYR

Edited by Jim Davey

I assume most of the people that post on this forum are season ticket holders and think anywhere between £15 and £20 is the going rate for a ticket to watch football and £25 is expensive for a football ticket.

To add some context I looked up going to Exeter v Tranmere last weekend that was £25 - £25 to watch 2 league 2 teams play each other in far worse facilities than Ashton gate.

£23 seems pretty reasonable to me even if it is second teams (which it won't be because we don't have a second 11 anymore) bearing in mind Fulham's second team is probably far better than league 2 standard.

If I got a £5 ticket to this I wouldn't go football is duller than dishwater at the moment I only go with my season ticket because I have bought it, there's a small chance of it being entertaining and I like the social bit of it.

• Like 2