IGNORED

Matt Mills- Under the Cosh

Waffleflap

Not listened yet but other guests on previous Under The Cosh pods have slagged him off a bit, remember the Ben Marshall one calling him a tit! and he always comes across as a bit of a cock. Interesting to hear his side of the Pearson story, rumours of him taking the piss and headbutts...

Mills sounds like a right **** and I’m sure he was a lot worse in his mid 20’s. Still sounds like pretty savage treatment from Nige. Two sides to every story though so would be interesting to hear his side.  Easy to fire cheap shots with no come back. Also if it was so bad why would he congratulate NP when they got promoted? I wouldn’t want to pss on them if they were on fire if they treated me like that let alone congratulate them!  Sensationalised somewhat I reckon. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Mills sounds like a right **** and I’m sure he was a lot worse in his mid 20’s. Still sounds like pretty savage treatment from Nige. Two sides to every story though so would be interesting to hear his side.  Easy to fire cheap shots with no come back. Also if it was so bad why would he congratulate NP when they got promoted? I wouldn’t want to pss on them if they were on fire if they treated me like that let alone congratulate them!  Sensationalised somewhat I reckon. 

Yeah there was probably a bit more to it than what he said no doubt. I think he seems a decent bloke but I suppose in your 20s you look at the world slightly different 

11 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Made me think about how NP is currently treating our higher earners Kasey, Jay and Nakhi. Is his strategy to “chop the head off the snake to prove a point” by targeting the higher earners like with Mills?

yes, my thinking too…throwing people off the bus / or your name's not down, you're not getting on…scenario.

57 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yeah you only need to google his name to see various fans forums and all say about his ego and how much of a cock he is. Just listened and he is trying to come over as the good guy, I expect the reality of what happened was very different. 

• Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, !james said:

Yeah you only need to google his name to see various fans forums and all say about his ego and how much of a cock he is. Just listened and he is trying to come over as the good guy, I expect the reality of what happened was very different. 

In fairness, fans' forums describe a lot of footballers like that without any actual evidence. He might come across as a bit of a cock, to some, but I don't know for definite if he is. The same applies to Nige… :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Made me think about how NP is currently treating our higher earners Kasey, Jay and Nakhi. Is his strategy to “chop the head off the snake to prove a point” by targeting the higher earners like with Mills?

There may well be a bit of this but I'd say there's also a healthy dose of those high earners not performing for quite some time. I would hope higher earners have higher expectations placed against them.

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

Just watched it. Mills acting all innocent but obviously did something to wind Pearson up.

Yep, sounded a load of bollocks to me.

I think NP was (is ?) capable of being "blunt", but its obvious to me that Mills is just getting his own back. Seems full of himself as well.

From Wiki;

In February 2012, reports surfaced of an alleged bust up with new manager Nigel Pearson,[110] which Mills denied.[96] He then lost the captaincy and was relegated to training with the club's youth academy.[96][111] He did not travel for the 1–0 victory against Derby County on 23 February 2012, which prompted questions over his future at the club.[111] Mills was later informed by phone that he was allowed to leave Leicester.[96] But, despite being linked with league rivals Leeds United and West Ham United,[112] Mills refused to leave on loan as it would have been "very disrespectful for the fans".[96] Though this move away from the club did not materialise, he never played for Leicester again and went on to score once in thirty–one appearances in all competitions.

You know someone's hiding something when such a situation occurs and they fail to mention anything they could possibly have done wrong. You can think Pearson is a *****, you can think the way he treated Mills (and others) was too much and that he's a bully etc etc but with Mills playing holier than thou and saying that all he did wrong was play shit away at Watford then it's obviously he's not telling the full story.
I know that he's not telling the full story and good luck finding many players from that time that didn't think he was a ***, certainly don't think many would agree that he was the adult at a kids club. 

His recall of some of the basic facts of the time is off as soon as he starts speaking about it, tells you all you need to know about his story.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2