IGNORED

Message from Uncle Steve

Major Isewater

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Every thing in the City garden is as rosy as my cheeks . 

So don’t expect too much in the way of January signings is my take on this.

As expected,no ambition to compete with the top six ,rather stay in the Championship,and just take our money, ie Season tkt , I Remember Steve Lansdowns words when we got promoted  to the Championship,(SC days) I will get this team to the Premier League in 5yrs, YEH RIGHT,

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

have we ever really done much in the January window? I keep hearing its a notoriously difficult time to do business

We blew a dollop of wonga on Nahki Wells. That went well

14 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Didn't we bring in Diony :facepalm: one January ? 

?

Another splodge of cash, even as a loan, that was wasted. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

As expected,no ambition to compete with the top six ,rather stay in the Championship,and just take our money, ie Season tkt , I Remember Steve Lansdowns words when we got promoted  to the Championship,(SC days) I will get this team to the Premier League in 5yrs, YEH RIGHT,

If this is his strategy then he's one of the worst business men in the World. Income from Season Tickets must be about £3.5m, in June he wrote off another £14m debt by converting it to shares. 

He's made plenty of mistakes , trusted the wrong people and I will guarantee he is frustrated at not making the next step to the Prem. But to suggest he's happy just to collect season ticket money is a bit odd. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If this is his strategy then he's one of the worst business men in the World. Income from Season Tickets must be about £3.5m, in June he wrote off another £14m debt by converting it to shares. 

He's made plenty of mistakes , trusted the wrong people and I will guarantee he is frustrated at not making the next step to the Prem. But to suggest he's happy just to collect season ticket money is a bit odd. 

He builds our hopes up, helps the manager to get the  team into the top 4, then suddenly drops away, to mid table, as always, makes you think they don't want promotion,

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Redandproud said:

He builds our hopes up, helps the manager to get the  team into the top 4, then suddenly drops away, to mid table, as always, makes you think they don't want promotion,

Do you really think he allowed Johnson to sign about 70 players, and stepped in near the end of each season to stop any success?
His failings were with the managers and staff, what happened on the pitch isn't down to him. He supported just about ever manager, there have been mistakes, maybe didn't support some enough while being too loyal with LJ.
If we got into the Prem, that £100m would make a massive difference. For Lansdown to turn that down through choice, would be madness. 

• Like 1

Spread himself too thin...jack of all trades, master of none. 

When asked about Bristol City...the reply is ...' well the men's team etc'.

As every year goes by, he comes across as someone who had a great idea and belief, but made massive mistakes along the way. 

Had more money than sense...decided he wanted to leave a legacy. Football, men's, womens, Basketball, Rugby, Lando ( although from horse's mouth, no money involved, just promotion for both ) car racing etc. Spread himself too thin...not focused on anything in particular.

Tbh...it all comes across as a rich man's play thing, and is more involved with Botswana and wild animal welfare. No bad thing.

Imo...it's a project that hasn't been fulfilled and leaving would be seen as failure. So it's a no win situation.

Great being successful at other businesses, but surely he must sit down sometimes and contemplate where it's gone wrong. As a successful businessman you would. However...admitting failure, however hard you try, just doesn't come naturally to some people who are exceedingly successful at other ventures. Doing so would be seen as negative against the prospect of further business investments.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

???? What !