IGNORED

Message from Uncle Steve

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

He doesn't really say anything. It's his classic Young Mr Grace speech. For those too young to get that 'you' re all doing very well'. I don't read anything much into it. 

Is Maggie his Miss Brahms?

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

90 seconds of nothingness. Proof of life and that's it. They might as well have just taken a photo of him holding a copy of today's newspaper. 

He was obviously at the women's game on the Sunday but I assume he wasn't at Hull? 

do you blame e him ???

3 hours ago, Redandproud said:

As expected,no ambition to compete with the top six ,rather stay in the Championship,and just take our money, ie Season tkt , I Remember Steve Lansdowns words when we got promoted  to the Championship,(SC days) I will get this team to the Premier League in 5yrs, YEH RIGHT,

122% wages to turnover would suggest we have given it a decent go...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Redandproud said:

As expected,no ambition to compete with the top six ,rather stay in the Championship,and just take our money, ie Season tkt , I Remember Steve Lansdowns words when we got promoted  to the Championship,(SC days) I will get this team to the Premier League in 5yrs, YEH RIGHT,

I struggle to understand this reaction. We are bleeding money, SL has to write a huge cheque each year. We have some of our highest paid players not making the squad and you want him to pour more money in?

NP has been given the job to balance the books. We have little chance of offloading our dead wood even for nothing because nobody will match their salary. They will not clear our books for 2 to 3 years.

I am not sure that SL will be so impressed by the signings made under NP to risk another chunk of money.

I think we are faced with a period of, survive in the Championship (I think Reading and Derby will not be the last to get points deductions). Bring on the youngsters wait until the expensive mistakes are gone. By that time you would hope that our post Ashton management team will have put together a recruitment proposition strong enough to tempt SL to open the wallet again.

I think many Championship clubs will be taking the same approach. Unless wages fall to a realistic level and clubs start to live within their means, I think the championship will be the grave yard of many formerly big clubs.

It cannot go on as it is.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

He said it on the pitch after we won at (I think) Blackburn rovers 0-6 ,to win the double, quote "I will get this club to the Premier League in 5yrs," YEH RIGHT

Hope your memory of the quote is better than that of the match - it was Bradford City.

He didn't say anything of the sort in this interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyw2b9yTOFE - so hopefully you can remember which outlet it appeared in.

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

Well, I think we are turning the corner of recovery under Nigel Pearson albeit slower for some on here.

As others have said he feels exactly the same as everyone else as he's a fan also. People who say he doesn't is a little bit disrespectful in my view.

Yep. Imagine what this forum would be like if we ACTUALLY had a bad owner. Like one of the foreign ones who would rock up if SL really decided to sell.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Hope your memory of the quote is better than that of the match - it was Bradford City.

He didn't say anything of the sort in this interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyw2b9yTOFE - so hopefully you can remember which outlet it appeared in.

I did quote Blackburn (I think), maybe I'm wrong, but I still say, the premier League is a dream, never going to happen,