IGNORED

Joe Jordan

GrahamC

My memory banks aren't very consistent. I remember vividly lots of JJ's first reign, but hardly any of his second stint... I've no idea why 94-97 is such a blur but I did start going to gigs at that time.

So could anyone summarise what went on the second time he managed us?!

1 minute ago, mozo said:

My memory banks aren't very consistent. I remember vividly lots of JJ's first reign, but hardly any of his second stint... I've no idea why 94-97 is such a blur but I did start going to gigs at that time.

Post all that reform group stuff, Scott Davidson took over, sacked Osman who played awful football to keep us up with about 50p to spend.

Joe took over, changed the team around, sold Martin Scott to buy Owers & Kuhl but we were relegated.

The following season we were bottom half of L1, the year after that we signed Goater but despite him being prolific we still weren’t in serious contention to come back up & so Davidson sacked him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Post all that reform group stuff, Scott Davidson took over, sacked Osman who played awful football to keep us up with about 50p to spend.

Joe took over, changed the team around, sold Martin Scott to buy Owers & Kuhl but we were relegated.

The following season we were bottom half of L1, the year after that we signed Goater but despite him being prolific we still weren’t in serious contention to come back up & so Davidson sacked him.

Didn't we get to play offs in 97, but beaten by Brentford?

Remember Joe Jordan’s 1st home game at AG for City. He helped put on an extra 5000 on the attendance. City won if memory serves me right, we were on the road to recovery - and the rest is history. What a man!
The word leader is used too loosely, but he was City’s LEADER. Great memories.

Edited by Tin Soldier
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, mozo said:

I started going in 93 and was thinking the same thing. I really didn't remember Jordan being manager before Ward 

43 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

14 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Without wishing to water down that comment, yes Osman's football was the polar opposite, but David Russe gave him about 20p to spend...and still wanted change

No excuse really, supported financially by two directors.

For non Bristolians I often explain how the 89/90 promotion season epitomises supporting us. It was my fave season ever. Aged 17/18 with a few ££'s in my pocket I went to most games home & away.  To ensure we didn't miss the 3pm KO we would often go for breakfast at 9am & be in the Hen & Chicken for opening time.  The whole season was amazing & yet we somehow still managed to balls it up at the end.

Had Jordan stayed with us, I honestly think we could have pushed on to the top flight.

• Like 5

i remember his performance........amongst many others.....when we played Walsall away after losing at home in the play offs.  I think he was around 36, he was a Lion that day...it all eventually ended in tears, but on that day he was pheckin immense.  What a leader and an inspiration!!