IGNORED

Joe Jordan

GrahamC

22 minutes ago, TomF said:

Not helped by the mess of the 'reform' group.  My old man always says that if he hadn't gone to Hearts he would have taken us up to the 1st Div that season. 

We certainly had a momentum behind us that has only been equalled by GJ in 2007/8 since.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I was at that game too. Assuming you mean this one. We thrashed them

Ah yes, I was getting confused with the one where Matt Bryant got sent off and Leroy Rosenior played centre half.  This was the one where we got drenched in the open end!  Thanks for the highlights!

One of my memories is while City manager in 1990, he went with the Scotland team to World Cup 90 as Liaison Officer, because he speaks fluent Italian.

In the San Siro the Scots players introduced themselves followed by polite applause from the crowd. When it was Joe's turn he said "Mi chiamo Joe Jordan" and the place erupted in respect for an AC Milan legend.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

When he first played under TC couldn't play more than half a match but most teams used to set up at AG to defend, if we had trouble breaking them down TC would bring Joe on with half hour to go, the next cross we put over JJ would put their keeper in the back of the net, get booked, and then their defenders would spend the rest of the game trying to 'get' him and completely lose their previous composure and organisation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ah yes, I was getting confused with the one where Matt Bryant got sent off and Leroy Rosenior played centre half.  This was the one where we got drenched in the open end!  Thanks for the highlights!

:laugh: I remember that game clearly, my word did it ever rain. Chap next to me was moaning that he'd decided not to buy a seat in the main stand, which was £3 more. He had half the stand pi$$ing themselves when he said:

"£3!!! I'll spend more than that on Pneumonial tablets!!"

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

One of my memories is while City manager in 1990, he went with the Scotland team to World Cup 90 as Liaison Officer, because he speaks fluent Italian.

In the San Siro the Scots players introduced themselves followed by polite applause from the crowd. When it was Joe's turn he said "Mi chiamo Joe Jordan" and the place erupted in respect for an AC Milan legend.

Both AC Milan & Hellas Verona (his 2 Italian clubs) have wished him a happy birthday today on Twitter.

Let’s face it, that’s ******* class, not many footballers from the UK have that level of respect in Italy.

Still I believe the only one to score in 3 different World Cups, too..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Both AC Milan & Hellas Verona (his 2 Italian clubs) have wished him a happy birthday today on Twitter.

Let’s face it, that’s ******* class, not many footballers from the UK have that level of respect in Italy.

Still I believe the only one to score in 3 different World Cups, too..

Seeler, Pele and Klose have scored in 4.

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Joe is often seen at our games, last time our he came with his son Andrew. I would guess to see him 3/4 times. a year.

I think I still have the inflatable tooth that we had back in the day. Loved seeing him finish his career with us , and then of course as manager. 

I used to go to school with Andrew and also used to play in the same schoolboy sides as Him and his younger brother Tom who was also a good player.

Got some stories to tell has Andrew.

Joe attended as many school functions as he could from memory- really good family

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

He was player manager when we reached the play offs and lost to Walsall. Just in case your getting the two mixed up ?

Yeah...remember that (******* David Kelly!)

Had convinced myself that he was still manager in 97 playoffs. I went to 2nd leg at Griffin Park (!) ?

• Like 1