IGNORED

Not going Saturday

CyderInACan

I'm going to make a decision on Saturday morning, the way cases are shooting up at the moment I'm really starting to think it isn't worth the risk as regardless of the measures the club let in place, there will be queues and no matter how careful you are in terms of washing hands and wearing face coverings, you're always going to be at greater risk in a venue where you fully expect there to be people who are carrying this new variant and might not know it.

15 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I’ve decided that it’s too close to Christmas to  risk going on Saturday and potentially ruin our normal family Christmas. Having had Covid in late September/early October I’m not really prepared to take the risk of a double whammy on my body in such a short period of time. 

Will watch on RobinsTV and certainly hope for a home win. 

I can’t be the only one thinking that attending on Saturday is a potential fool’s errand?

I’m no scientist, but I’m pretty sure the likelihood of you getting it if you had it in Sept/Oct in next to zero. But, not going is certainly less risky. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m no scientist, but I’m pretty sure the likelihood of you getting it if you had it in Sept/Oct in next to zero. But, not going is certainly less risky. 

If it was Delta first time then you can certainly get Omicron now, even possible to catch both at the same time.

People warned they could get 'dual infected' by Omicron and Delta (msn.com)

I was 50/50 on whether to go or not.  Being so close to Christmas, I may err on the side of caution as spending Christmas with my family is probably more important than football to me.

I'm guessing that a lot of others may take the same view unless a few of the players on either team come down with it and the game is postponed.

In all honesty I think the game should probably be played behind closed doors anyway.

Not looking good, this.

A part of me wants the decision to be made for me by a postponement (other half dropping hints and not too sure she's happy about me going either)

Because i know if it's on, I'm gonna be there.

Looks only a matter of time before football is locked down in one form or another anyway.

Such uncertain times we live in.

Edited by AppyDAZE

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I was 50/50 on whether to go or not.  Being so close to Christmas, I may err on the side of caution as spending Christmas with my family is probably more important than football to me.

I'm guessing that a lot of others may take the same view unless a few of the players on either team come down with it and the game is postponed.

In all honesty I think the game should probably be played behind closed doors anyway.

Would be interesting to know what the clubs would prefer:

1) You go ahead with the match, have a piss poor crowd and all the extra costs of the security and covid checks and possibly turn out to be a very efficient virus spreader.

2) You play behind closed doors with no atmosphere or bar or food takings and having to offer refunds for tickets sold.

3) Have the match postponed and have another game to fit in somewhere in an already busy schedule.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I’ve decided that it’s too close to Christmas to  risk going on Saturday and potentially ruin our normal family Christmas. Having had Covid in late September/early October I’m not really prepared to take the risk of a double whammy on my body in such a short period of time. 

I can’t be the only one thinking that attending on Saturday is a potential fool’s errand?

So, you’re not prepared to go to Ashton Gate, but you’re prepared to jump on a flight with VPN Airlines!!! ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Watching MOTD it looked like a lot of Brighton fans had reservations about attending, the number of tickets sold was in excess of 30,000 but it looked little more than two thirds full at best that's a lot of stayaways.

I think two serious accidents on roads not far from the stadium before KO didn't help matters.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

If the nation is being advised to consider avoiding unimportant social events, then we're likely to see thousands of absentees at Ashton Gate this Saturday. 

The messaging and a surge in infections means that fans are genuinely worried and will think twice.

I feel for them, and the BS3 businesses that will take a hit from this.

Edited by Curr Avon

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I’m considering not attending either. I have to come over to bemmie anyway in the morning but with Chrimbo so close I really don’t want to jeopardise it by going to AG. 

• Like 2

I am kind of not so worried about Saturday as I’m forced to come into contact with lots of people on a daily basis anyway. Luton away on Boxing Day, going by coach is more concerning for me if I’m honest right now.

I’m hoping the decision is made for me by then.

• Like 1

I’m usually one of those people that knows if city are playing at home, it doesn’t matter of the circumstances or what it takes to make it happen, i will be there as i hate the thought of missing it.

I have to be honest though, I’m seriously considering it this Saturday too. With Christmas just around the corner and a wife who’s 7 months pregnant, i’m like a few others wishing the decision would be taken out of my hands.

Is the game available on Robins TV for all or just those outside the UK like it used to be? That would certainly make the decision a little easier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

I havent been all season, the reason, i had cancer surgery recently and currently i am on a 6 month course of Chemotherapy so my immune sytem is at an all time low so it would be crazy to go to the games. I have a season ticket but havent used it but flying VPN airways i have watched every game this seaon although it's not the same as meeting up with mates watching the games live. When everyone was moaning a few games ago i was saying to myself yes we are playing badky but i would still love to be inside the ground supporting the team i love.

Hopefully i will get to a game before the end of this season COYR

Wishing you an outstanding recovery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, westonred said:

I havent been all season, the reason, i had cancer surgery recently and currently i am on a 6 month course of Chemotherapy so my immune sytem is at an all time low so it would be crazy to go to the games. I have a season ticket but havent used it but flying VPN airways i have watched every game this seaon although it's not the same as meeting up with mates watching the games live. When everyone was moaning a few games ago i was saying to myself yes we are playing badky but i would still love to be inside the ground supporting the team i love.

Good luck WR

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I am kind of not so worried about Saturday as I’m forced to come into contact with lots of people on a daily basis anyway. Luton away on Boxing Day, going by coach is more concerning for me if I’m honest right now.

I’m hoping the decision is made for me by then.

Going luton on coach one definitely should be concerning no matter what..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, westonred said:

Sending you best wishes for a full recovery mate. Football is way down the list of priorities. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1