IGNORED

Not going Saturday

CyderInACan

16 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Vaccinated and tested. I’m going today and I won’t be made to feel like a **** for doing so. 

Don't think anyone would think that, my decision not to go was a personal one and I have a degree of envy towards those who can go because they don't have the same pending commitments as some others.

But if you are there, hope it's a good game and I hope you get rewarded with 3 points. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Vaccinated and tested. I’m going today and I won’t be made to feel like a **** for doing so. 

Why would anyone make you feel like that. I’m fully vaccinated but not going as I don’t want to risk getting it before Christmas plus being self employed I don’t want to miss work. Personal choice , fair play for going COYR

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Oh and please also stop saying no one has died from Omicron in South Africa - again, total bollocks; they are being hospitalised, and they are dying (at a lower rate):

That graph you’ve shown gives info from 15th November 2020 (yep, last year!) to 4th December 2021 - and Omicron was only discovered in South Africa at the end of November/start of December 2021 - so you’ve quoted a graph showing “age controlled data on Omicron severity in South Africa from 15th November 2020 to 4th December 2021” - so you believe Omicron data can now be backdated over a year in South Africa to November last year?

17 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

It’s a balancing act and if businesses all go down the toilet along with the assiciated jobs, that doesn’t help the population either, does it?

They’ve had all the accusations of being too authoritarian and trying to control all aspects of our lives in the past, so this seems like the obvious alternative.

It looks to me that this time, they’ve decided to vaccinate everyone who’lll agree to have it and then relying on the level of vaccine in the populace minimising serious illness and deaths and letting us start to build up some herd immunity.

This had to happen at some point, as lockdowns couldn’t continue for evermore and seemed to be of very limited benefit anyway.

If you lockdown hard and put the right support packages into place (rather that shitly-conceived stuff they introduced), follow your own rules, then you bring compliance and trust….and nobody’s business goes up the swanny.

But not this scheming bunch of grifters. Always on the make for them and their mates.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That graph you’ve shown gives info from 15th November 2020 (yep, last year!) to 4th December 2021 - and Omicron was only discovered in South Africa at the end of November/start of December 2021 - so you’ve quoted a graph showing “age controlled data on Omicron severity in South Africa from 15th November 2020 to 4th December 2021” - so you believe Omicron data can now be backdated over a year in South Africa to November last year?

You can’t interpret a graph then. I give up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you lockdown hard and put the right support packages into place (rather that shitly-conceived stuff they introduced), follow your own rules, then you bring compliance and trust….and nobody’s business goes up the swanny.

But not this scheming bunch of grifters. Always on the make for them and their mates.

Could be the case Dave, but I think there would be far too many who’d rebel against any lockdown now for it to be effective anyway.

21 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just had a call from a mate. Didn’t scan his passport he could of showed them anyones screenshot . Hardly checked ******* joke was his words 

Pretty much. Outside dolman the bloke who checked mine clearly didn’t give a toss. No verification of who I was vs pass (assumed he would check my ST as was told to get that ready).

There is just going to be a lot more fear around not getting covid over Xmas. Pressure from other family members maybe not interested in the football not wanting there planned Christmases ruined by having to isolate.

If it wasn’t for those kinds of things you’d see a lot more people just go and not care about the risks so much

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

There is just going to be a lot more fear around not getting covid over Xmas. Pressure from other family members maybe not interested in the football not wanting there planned Christmases ruined by having to isolate.

If it wasn’t for those kinds of things you’d see a lot more people just go and not care about the risks so much

Exactly!  
I also wonder how many people who might contract covid and balls up Christmas, will look back and think it ‘ah well, it was still worth it to go to a football match’.

It’s not a fear of covid stopping me going today, it’s the fear of possibility of ruining Christmas for the rest of my family.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Hearing from friends who got to the ground early as per request, none of them were asked to show any vaccination proof. What an absolute farce 

I came in at the park end and everyone had to show a pass to stewards. No queues  with everything moving quickly. Most people had their pass on their phone, so it was easy to display. I’m still outside in the fans village but the concourse looks packed. Being in the concourse could be the biggest risk so I’m going through as quickly as possible wearing a mask 

73D6DA96-FB10-4587-A94E-6CC62BB2CA0C.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So do you still expect my Wife who is a carer to still work, and my Son who is an essential worker to go into lockdown aswell. 

These lockdown lunatics are by far the most selfish people I have ever experienced. On one hand they say its "for the greater good". But then they expect others to do their dirty work and carry on working. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, big p said:

So do you still expect my Wife who is a carer to still work, and my Son who is an essential worker to go into lockdown aswell. 

These lockdown lunatics are by far the most selfish people I have ever experienced. On one hand they say its "for the greater good". But then they expect others to do their dirty work and carry on working. 

I'm not sure how you arrived at that based on what Fevs has posted.

Lockdown, as we all know doesn't means everyone has to stay at home; it means that those who don't need to be out spreading and catching Covid aren't, whilst those who do need to travel for work do so under less risk.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Lockdown, as we all know doesn't means everyone has to stay at home; it means that those who don't need to be out spreading and catching Covid aren't, whilst those who do need to travel for work do so under less risk.

Of course you are right on a rational basis but I understand @big p's righteous anger.

It reflects the long standing problem that we badly under value those who provide truly essential services, often "rewarding" them with poor pay and conditions. I don't expect that to change in what's left of my lifetime.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yet others are expected to go out and catch it, so some people can sit at home in their pajamas, shouting at the TV at how selfish some people are for breaking the rules..Pathetic!

I totally understand what lockdown means, as does 3 of my good friends of whom have lost their businesses due to absolutely no fault of their own. One is on the verge of losing his house and has 3 kids. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, big p said:

Yet others are expected to go out and catch it, so some people can sit at home in their pajamas, shouting at the TV at how selfish some people are for breaking the rules..Pathetic!

I totally understand what lockdown means, as does 3 of my good friends of whom have lost their businesses due to absolutely no fault of their own. One is on the verge of losing his house and has 3 kids. 

...and some of that is down to a government not supporting the people / businesses properly.  Very sad, nobody should've lost their livelihood through covid directly.  Happy to be fact checked, but circa 3m self employed couldn't claim any of the support packages.  Effing disgrace.  And I see why some felt they had no choice but to work.  You've got to be pretty cold to think otherwise.

• Like 2